• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
A few things to note.

goldenforest.jpg

I don't recognise this place. Do you think it could be part of the speculated Golden Forest? The trees seem to indicate as such.

Also, Typhlosion and Meganium are fighting against a Feraligatr and a Tyranitar. Assuming this battle is you and Soul .vs. Silver, this indicates one of two things.

1) Silver has a Tyranitar -> Line-up changes!
2) Silver doubles-up with someone with a Tyranitar (Giovanni?) -> Plot changes!

Either way, it's pretty cool.

Also, that pokemon smashing the rock is not Feraligatr, it's green. It could well be Tyranitar, which suggests you can perhaps get him earlier. Again, yay.

That battle won't come from part of the storyline >_< Check top right

screenshotblahblah.jpg

Last edited:

Chimchar15

Man is this clearer vid awesome or what? I just love all the new scenes I can't wait to get this when it comes out here in America. The new intros are soooo much better than the old ones and the path to the Tin Tower looks really cool. The inside of Morty and Clair's gym are just amazing. Oops I think my brain just expolded.

Redcyndaquil

Fire Pokemon Trainer
Well I do have to agree with an overworld sprite and a battle sprite, their putting a little more early play emphasis on tyrannitar....
I think you may be able to get larvitar sooner....

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I can't seem to find the post with the link to this clearer video, could somebody hook me up?? I desperately want to see it.

DarkPrince

Take that!
Well I think we can ge larvitar early in the game
We have seen larvitar and tyranitar following images till now
Maybe we can get it :\
Well I am just out of words right now
The vid is epic
I love the Team Rocket Battle Intro also

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Thanks very much :D

OMG I THINK I JUST MESSED MYSELF

Very cute how Chikorita danced about before using cut on that tree ^^

Wow! O_O Everything has gotten REALLY pretty. Ecruteak with the golden trees looks amazing. These games are going to be great.

I have such high hopes for these games, I hope to god they don't keep things the way they were in GSC. (Crappy gym leaders, small routes, lack of trainers, weak Elite 4, nothing to do in Kanto except Gym Leaders, etc.)

Chimchar15

Wow! O_O Everything has gotten REALLY pretty. Ecruteak with the golden trees looks amazing. These games are going to be great.

I have such high hopes for these games, I hope to god they don't keep things the way they were in GSC. (Crappy gym leaders, small routes, lack of trainers, weak Elite 4, nothing to do in Kanto except Gym Leaders, etc.)

I totally agree with u man.

Ultimate Glalie

Here's a pic of Goldenrod if anyone wants it:

goldenrod.png

The detail in these games is incredible! The road, the pavements... everything looks great. Also, it looks like the Pokemon Center only has one floor and is normal-sized, so it's probably just going to be normal and not like what it was in the Japanese Gold and Silver.

Casimir

Good boy.

I agree completely.
What a nice midday treat, to see that awesome trailer.
I really love those trees in ecruteak, as well and everything else shown obviously.

And I agree about the Larvitar thing. Perhaps we can get it a little bit earlier now. Hopefully they're not just showcasing his over world sprite.

EDIT: Wow, they've done a really good job on Goldenrod. I like the roads and sidewalks a lot!

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
I love the new gym puzzles for Blackthorn and Ecruteak n.n wonder if they'll change any others? I do hope Jasmine gets 1 - 2 gym trainers as well though odds are quite low... =/ Oh well, one can dream, right?

Casimir

Good boy.
I love the new gym puzzles for Blackthorn and Ecruteak n.n wonder if they'll change any others? I do hope Jasmine gets 1 - 2 gym trainers as well though odds are quite low... =/ Oh well, one can dream, right?

That reminds me, I can't wait to see what they've done with Jasmine's city (can't remember the name of it :|).
I bet the lighthouse looks amazing.

ijea4444

No. You are right about the D/P/Pt relationship, but you never doubled battled with Kris in Crystal, so it would be a plot change.

But we knew that we double battled with our corresponding character in DPP so it was safe to assume it would happen in HGSS, because they were obviously changing the plot.

Ultimate Glalie

I don't think the puzzle in the Ecruteak gym is new. It looks like it is the same to me, what with the black floor and everything. I think it has just been updated graphically.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
That reminds me, I can't wait to see what they've done with Jasmine's city (can't remember the name of it :|).
I bet the lighthouse looks amazing.
Olivine and yeah, I bet the lighthouse is EPIC. n.n

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Goldenrod looks amazing kudo to Gamefreak
Also the amount of detail added to the tin tower path thing is mind blowing

Status
Not open for further replies.