• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [NOT SPECULATION]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast_shoesXx

That new "unknown" gym screenshot is obviously the last (dragon) gym.

- Fangs coming from the ground
- Lava below the surface (as it was in gold/silver/crystal)

thats pretty much as much evidence as you need. the layout doesn't suit any other gym type.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That new "unknown" gym screenshot is obviously the last (dragon) gym.

- Fangs coming from the ground
- Lava below the surface (as it was in gold/silver/crystal)

thats pretty much as much evidence as you need. the layout doesn't suit any other gym type.

Assuming it's a Johto Gym (which it most likely isn't, since we haven't gotten any information on Kanto yet), you're probably right. It's nice to see the gym puzzles are getting an upgrade. The ones from the originals were kind of boring IMO.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
^ It wasn't... a nice touch indeed! And I think the Ho-Oh and Lugia flying/swimming are for the intro, since they have 'Touch To Start' when they fly/swim.

Yeah! The 3D intros look great! (I wonder what the top screen looked like, the logo I mean, did it keep the symbol?)

-yes I also thing the lava is the Dragon gym.

I want an extreme speed dratini 8D

Tyranitar has the same pose as its old artwork

Last edited:

lindsy95

Could someone get a good freeze frame of the lava area? I need a closer look...

I fail at timed pausing ._. And the computer pausing the video two seconds after pressing the button doesn't help...

Jacobxdaniel

Could someone get a good freeze frame of the lava area? I need a closer look...

I fail at timed pausing ._. And the computer pausing the video two seconds after pressing the button doesn't help...

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml

Edit: Oops, someone beat me to it.

But I agree, the lava is amazing. I love how much effort their putting into the aesthetics for these games. It makes the Johto region even cooler than when I played in the second generation.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
well if that new gym isnt clairs it's most likely to be blaines.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I too ove all the little graphical changes theve made
The waves
The lava
The trees
Its all brilliant

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Gamefreak have been working on these games since D/P were released and they have done a much better job (by the looks of things) on GSDS,lol, Saving the best games for last.
The lava gym could be Blaines Gym, it does look awesome though, i love fire.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Having lava in her gym surely gives Clair and her trainers the right to use Fire Types such as Charmeleon and Arcanine

Yes, I hope to god Clair gets an Arcanine. :|
And that Morty gets rid of his Gastly for a Misdreavus
And that Bugsy gets rid of his Kakuna and Metapod

And...well, the list could go on and on.

Chaos Rush

Could anyone identify that Route in the screenshot that shows the female player cutting a tree with a Chikorita?

No, only the Sinnoh Pokémon sprites are different in Platinum. All the other Pokémon have the same sprites as in D/P.
THAT'S WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. GEEZ. I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE CHANGED SPRITES IN PLATINUM.

(Oh, and it's not just the Sinnoh Pokemon. Oddish and Hitmonlee and others got new Platinum sprites, and MANY non-Sinnoh Pokemon got new backsprites.)

lindsy95

Yeah definitely Clair's gym, The lava looks great.

The spikes remind me of lances room in the FR/LG Elite four.

why would clair have a arcanine? o.0

Status
Not open for further replies.