• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemal07

So no Jynx evo, no heracross evo, no kangaskhan evo and no tauros evo
Wish Jynx did have one though. Oh well theres many more new Pokemon to come.

Theres 77 more Pokemon to get reveiled

Last edited:
Anybody else happy that we won't have any or only very few evolutions of old Pokemon in this generation?
In my opinion that was what made D/P one of the worst generations, Pokemon-wise, in addition to its 50 Legendaries.

Also, 1000 pages..crazy shiet.

agree 110%

whataffah

Ooh... this could the worst region EVUR. IMO then... Out of the starters, only the grass-type is alright. Come on... a pig?! The evo's aren't original. I only like Tsutaaja's again. Know they aren't confirmed...

But now... Another pseudo-legendary that just HAS TO BE Dragon? Dragons are rare, but there should be other ubers! That's why I liked Tyranitar and Metagross, and so Colosseum... Dark-Dragon is interesting, but ehm... all pseudo-legendaries dragons is failing and not original.

Legendary-reciting:
638 - Steel/Fighting... wow... Another Lucario
639 - Rock/Fighting, yeah right, doesn't Geodude looks like that?
640 - Grass/Fighting, whoopeeh, another Breloom.
641 - Pure Flying? That can't be true. A pure flying type? There's never been one, except Arceus' form, but that's because it's impossible. A Flying type always has to be something too. Or it's an unnormal bird? With eyes on his back?
642 - Electric/Flying, another Zapdos!
643 - Reshiram, a'ight...
644 - Zekrom, a'ight...
645 - Ground/Flying, the legendary evo of Gliscor...
646 - Dragon/Ice, WOW ORIGINAL! Too bad that it's Dragon!
647 - Water/Fighting, another Poliwrath!
648 - Normal/Psychic, Girafarig, turned around, with the black side controlling... What's his name? Turned around, so Girafarig!
649 - Bug/Steel, Scizor!!

10 Legendaries... seriously. 10 out of 150 pokemon. In Kanto we had 5 legendaries on 150 pokemon... Why don't we have now? I can say... The children nowadays are too greedy.

We began with 5 legendaries, then they grew to 6, then to 10, then 14 (which was WAY too many), then 11 (Victini). 5 is enough!

And then the cross-gen evo's. No cross-gen evo's now? That's the worst of all. If the pokemon suck right now, they're all gonna in Isshu. Tauros needs an evo, and many more. Or they just had to keep the enthousiasm of GenIV. Unnessecary evo's like Tangrowth, I mean come on. No one used Tangela, no one uses Tangrowth still.

So no Jynx evo, no heracross evo, no kangaskhan evo and no tauros evo
Wish Jynx did have one though. Oh well theres many more new Pokemon to come.

Theres 77 more Pokemon to get reveiled

Let's hope we get some real good'uns in there then :)
As the only Pokemon I've decided I want on my team is Tsutarja and Mamepato, I hope there's at least another 3 Pokemon in this 77 I really want.

hever

022611229PM
Seems like we're going to be thrown with lots of legendary pokemon this time yet again. The typings are really interesting though, so I'm not complaining.

Grass_Starter89

I mean the fighting trio and Zek/Resh will be before Elite Four along with Dark/Dragon type and the Flying trio and Ice/Dragon will be after the elite four. So no problem here.

Gentleman Skeleton

Anyone considered that Miju3 could just sit up with it's back legs bent at the knee, similar to Charizard's typical pose?

And you guys also realize that Miju3 also has thumbs on his front legs, which means it probably stands on two legs and walks on four, like Typhlosion, Swampert and Infernape before it.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Wow, There's less legendary Pokemon then I thought there would be. Still, Some of them sound like they're gonna be real interesting to use in battle.

KazMazter

Competitive
I'm sort of hoping there won't be any evolutions to old Pokemon myself, as it will be awesome to feel the same way I felt when playing Pokemon Red and Blue when I was young.

The mystery, and wondering what you could possibly find next. It's what has always made the next generation of Pokemon exciting for me, even more so with this gen.

I think the point is that there were too many legendaries in DP, and still too many in this gen, even if it is a few less.

Remember back in good ol Kanto? 5 legendaries in 151 pokes. Even Johto only added 6 more. Being legendary meant something back in those days.

I never really saw the fun in in-game legendaries (Lugia aside but only because it's my personal fave :D). They're not really 'rare' because everyone who has a copy of the game gets one, they have stupidly powerful stats, and stupidly powerful moves, and *most* of them are already high level when you catch them. How can you take joy and pride in that? I'd rather train a level 1 poke right up to level 100; at least then I know its power is down to the effort I put in as its trainer.

Each to their own though, I guess :D GF are really pandering to the uber-fans these last 2 gens!

On topic though, I'm so excited about the dark/dragon!!! Looks like Kibago will soon have some competition for the spot as my b/w favourite...
Legendaries aren't all bad, as long as they actually have a story behind therm. Even if it's something small like Heatran, it NEEDS SOMETHING to make it more important. Plus, 6 Pokemon is quite a few we have the equivalent number that Johto had less in B/W.

Scizor is ubers = beast!

So, the bug/steel is probably so legendary kills legendary or something like that.

Pure flying. Good.

Looking forward to the fighting trio. Especially the most original rock/fighting. The could do a regi thing and have them as ancient relics - a forest relic (grass), a stone one and a steel one.
I'm loving the idea of FINALLY a pure flying Pokemon. I guess it won't be a bird, because they all come to Earth as some point and become normal type. So the flying Pokemon might be something that stays in the sky the whole time or a tornado Pokemon, for example.

My thoughts on the other speculated types:
Dark/Dragon evo line: I love the idea of one of these. The will be Uber and they will be used a lot, simply cos their typing is a fantastic one.
Steel/Fighting: Lucario V2! I hope that this looks like a proper armour clad karate warrior or something.
Rock/Fighting: I like the new type combination. I think these should be huge, big rock that are Sumo wrestlers. I know, it's a bit like Hariyama, but there are lots of ways to make it different.
Grass/Fighting: Finally, a second Pokemon with this typing! I'm not the biggest ever fan of Breloom, so this is a welcome improvment. Maybe a boxing Tree? IDK.
I think that the legendary trio this time, if they are all part fighting and this is confirmed, should live in Dojos spread completely randomly around the region. Each Dojo basically has a Stature of said legendary, and you have to fight the Trainers to get to the Statue whereby you will use a previously acquired item to bring it to life.
Electric/Flying: Dissappointed that they're making another legendary of this type, but I'm sure it'll be something really cool.
Flying/Ground: I hope this is in a duo with the Electric/Flying type. One could run around the region, the other could be one you challenge. It changes depending on your Region (for example) The electric one in the more industrial version and the ground one in the more natural version.
Dragon/Ice: Hopefully, this will be the box legendary for the third game. If so, it's fantastic as it is exactly what I and many others predicted. Also, Dragon/Ice is a new and reasonably good typing (Weak to Fighting, Rock, Steel and Dragon but loses its Ice weakness)
Water/Fighting event poke: Finally, another Pokemon with this typing! I think it will be on its own little island, a little bit like Darkrai (A very little bit), Victini being Cresselia (sort of- wait, not at all).
Normal/Psychic: It's good they're giving another Pokemon this typing, again I see it living on a little island and again, you get to this island via a Boat ticket like Victini and the Water/Fighting one.
Bug/Steel: Again, happy to see a new Pokemon for this typing. I hope that for this one, you will get an instrument. Gamefreak seems to like flutes, so probably one of those. You play it, and the Pokemon appears. Then, because it's a very shy and scared Pokemon, it sees you;re a human and runs away. So it's basically another roaming legendary, only unlocked by an event, which has not happened before, at least not in my memory.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Ooh, let's see...

Definitely having the Tsutaja evo and Meguroko evo. Might get Darumakka and that bluehidaruma variation, the Kurumiru evo, the water/ground frog and the Koromori evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.