• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Yet, the flying and surfing Pikachus you catch in Yellow Forest have to forget their special moves to be transferred?

That really bites.

EDIT: Hopefully I'll ninja BCVM22 - The PokeShifter might not require Pokemon to forget HM moves. That could just be for the Transfer Machine. Spoke too soon.

I think...I need to go to sleep now...maybe the news will all be there when I wake up in the morning.

Last edited:

voidhawk

Blergh!
Still no info??? Come on! I want the discovery thread to start!

I can't wait to see the new pokes in action

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Goddamnit >< I got up early (well, not late) and everything expecting to see the sprite sheet, but it seems there was only one reveal over night, so I guess Pokexperto's still got the anteater and vultures, etc. to reveal before he goes ahead with his promise.

Gwah, I need sprites nao! D:<

Last edited:

mickey

Beginning Trainer
Goddamnit >< I got up early (well, not late) and everything expecting to see the sprite sheet, but it seems there was only one reveal over night, so I guess Pokexperto's still got the anteater and vultures, etc. to reveal before he goes ahead with his promise.

Gwah, I need sprites nao! D:<

Ahahahah! Good morning Jammy! xD

I was expecting to find the sprites too, when do you think Pokexperto will realese them?

BCVM22

has it been confirm what is the exclusive dsi content? will the game provide better graphics when using a dsi?

Consider this very unlikely, as the DSi doesn't do a whole lot graphically that the DS/Lite can't. I would expect the DSi content to be limited to the use of the camera for video chat, enhanced Wi-Fi functionality in line with the DSi's own advantages in that department, and maybe a few other bells and whistles we don't know about yet.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Ahahahah! Good morning Jammy! xD

I was expecting to find the sprites too, when do you think Pokexperto will realese them?

Well, if he does keep his promise then I expect he'll release info/fanart on the remaining Pokés throughout today and then finish off with the grand reveal of the sprites this evening.

That's going by Spanish time of course, where it is currently 11:40am.

Don't hold me to anything though, I don't know any more than most people that have been following this thread, I'm just going by logic and patterns over the last few days.

Last edited:

-Salamence-

Still no info??? Come on! I want the discovery thread to start!

I can't wait to see the new pokes in action

me too. it is already 7pm in japan, i don't know if someone managed yet to get the game. maybe coronis will do it in more 5-6 hours.

however, i hope that the blue dog legendary will have a new uniqe move, because suicune had not.

Chimecho3000

so while we wait on that... daisuki club website posted these guys' sprites, finally.

BLUE OR PURPLE??? TAKE A PICK!!

bwsite03.jpg

lol

I'd go with purple as the main colour since the Ken Sugimori art is more 'official'. Also for the sprite, only the fuzzy fur at the back and toes are blue, while it's body marks are still purple.

Last edited:
In bullets :)
-Slightly disappointed with the new starter evos.... ANOTHER Fire/Fighting??? Well, at least Wotter's evo looks badass. Smugleaf's looks really cool too...
-AFROBULL. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.
-What up with the rock thing? it looks like an eye socket....
-Puppy pokemon makes me happy :) I will get one, and its name shall be Fluffy and it shall be my FLUFFY!!!!!!!
-BADASS LEGENDS ARE BADASS.
So close to the release!!!!!(hehe that's what she said) Looking forward to these games!!!!
PS: How long does it usually take to translate the game to English? On that note, how long does it usually take for veterans to analyze the game and for Bulbapedia/Serebii/Gamefaqs/whatever to fill out? Sorry if my question's confusing, I fail at organizing sentences in a sensible way lol.

umbreunatic

me too. it is already 7pm in japan, i don't know if someone managed yet to get the game. maybe coronis will do it in more 5-6 hours.

however, i hope that the blue dog legendary will have a new uniqe move, because suicune had not.

It looks more like a Goat/Gazelle etc to me, than a dog. I think the legends are some sort of bull, a sort goat and a gazelle.

I don't see a dog having horns?

naughtynun

Mewtwo soul grow up and stop lying.
FACTUALLY older fans without a hint of how many means all. Also an opinion can not go against a fact or objectivity.
Its funny you should say that but ‘older fans’ implies no amount other than being more than one. Not ‘all older fans’ so STOP with the misquoting and being a troll. The ‘fact’ the ‘older fans’ means all is YOUR OPINION- oh dear you better stop baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwling (aren’t I clever, repeating misspelt words over and over)
‘Saying "Old fans will be annoyed, ZOMG! Couldn't have my way BAWWW" That's annoying, offensive, and ridiculous.’
I’m sorry, me stating my opinon is OFFENSIVE!? Get over your self, you stuck up liar. OFFSENSIVE IS YOU ganging up on me because don’t like my opinion. ‘Oh dear this guy has an opinion other than mine, he’s a troll, he must be burned in hell and misquoted until he receives infarctions for thinking different from me’
Gupp -‘But consider this, the younger generation of kids has yet to experience that feeling of discovery, why take it away from them?’
Your missing the point- if these new generation of kids haven’t played pokemon before old pokemon will be as new to them as new ones, as they wouldn’t know gen 1 pokemon, for example at all. So the feeling of discovery will not be lost to anyone.
??????- thank you
‘To all hating on naughtynun: will you new***s seriously shut the f*** up?

He has HIS OWN OPINION. Contrasting to your holy beliefs on Pokemon, the new games, or any of the games are not perfect. They have their downs. The lack of evolutions is obviously one of them. The typings and design of the starter Pokemon is one of them. You have your dislikes of this generation, he has his.’
And I like the term new***s and shall adopt it forever more!
Halloween ghost-‘it's not about that he wants more evolutions of old.. it's the way he acts and presented himself as if all old fans want old evolutions and if not they would quit pokemon and such... it's the way he's acting about all of this is what is annoying others to jump on him about this.’
WILL YOU PLEASE STOP MISQUOTING ME AS I DID NOT SAY ALL OLDER FANS
Get your facts straight, I said I would still buy the game but that having no relatives to old pokemon is more likely to be the factor that loses older fans than it is to be the factor to gain new ones. Next time, read my posts before you comment on them.
Halloween ghost-‘did you not even read what i said?’ right back at you.
Mewtwo soul-‘When you complain expect people to blast you.’ Actually no, I can complain about this if I want just as you are complaining about me, HYPOCRITE.
???- ‘You guys attacked him because of your like for the new generation and change. Because he was attacked because he thought otherwise, its only safe to assume that you didn't like the new plus a bit of old formula all other gens have, after showing favor to the all-new line up and attacking another member who didn't like the all-new line up for his dislike.’
Yes and yet when I criticise their opinions, I’m a ‘troll’
And the starter evolutions ARE trash, I can cope with the grass and water designs but
Water starters: pure 2, ground 1, steel 1- 5th gen pure
Grass: pure 2, poison 1, ground 1- 5th gen pure
Fire: fighting 2, pure 1, flying 1 5th gen fighting
So they picked the most common typing for each type of starter already each time- this os the WORST case scenario in my opinion.
And thanks for the quote in sig Icing sugar!

Brave Birdy

Guy, stop spamming the thread. You aren't happy, we get it. We just don't care.

"Maybe he's an alcoholic."
-This is what my brother said when he saw his post, xD

I like the purple better on denchura. The blue looks kinda tacky imo.
I must say, though, Denchura is my favorite pokemon released so far.

Copley Hill Gym

Overall, the whole game just smacks of quality to me. The whole package - the graphics, differences in game play, the style and choice of inspiration, all state a definitively more Western/European society in this game as opposed Japanese.

The Pokemon designs reveal a little of this change in inspiration, though I emphasize that the range of generic species in the 5th generation, covers both northern and southern hemisphere, Western, Eastern and European culture, and many other besides.

The European connection starts with the grass starter has been described as "western" or "European" referring to the common or garden (North American) Rough Green Snake, which shares some etymology with the European Grass Snake. The design of deer is specific to that found in Scotland, and most of central Europe, namely the red deer. The common pigeon, of Great Britain - the feral pigeon - and its specific colourings, match up with our Mamepeto. The swan Pokemon, is again, a European variant with white colouring. The Mole Pokemon is yet another European influence, and possibly based on the German Maulwürfe. The first of the revealed legendary trios, are based on The Three Musketeers - a french influence.

The country itself, Isshu, is based on New York (from what we know from Pokemon Pia).The overall art style of the major cities have some similarities with several well known European cities - Hiun City for New York, is obviously American, but Sanyou City has some Germanic architecture (most notably in the style of its gym). The mountain regions, with mountain located towns, are more Alpine, perhaps in the style of the French or Swiss. The style of the tiled roofs suggest nothing less. There's also a decidedly British style half roundhouse, for steam engines, in the top left hand corner of the map.

This is all conjecture, of course, based on that I've been able to garner from Serebii.net's excellent resources. But it serves to illustrate a point that this game feels decidedly more global in its influences than previous games have done, both in the style of the environment and the creatures which inhabit it.

I'm very much excited at the thought I'll be playing this game in under a week, at the very least. The opportunity to capture more in this generation than even the first generation is a challenge not to be passed up, and the old mantra "gotta catch 'em all" has never sounded quite so challenging as of now! :)

Last edited:

kemal07

I thought i'd wake up to see some leakage :) but oh well, it's quite a bore as previously we used to get Melkor revealing Pokedex entries every half an hour or so. But lately he slowed down.

We have only 11 more Pokedex entries to go btw, and were still waiting on the Ground/Ghost descriptions.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
There's also a decidedly British style half roundhouse, for steam engines, in the top left hand corner of the map.
Omg, somebody else noticed that. When I first saw the clear pic of Isshu I was like "if I squint hard enough I can just about make out Thomas the Tank Engine in there" XD Ah, British stuff Americans don't understand...

The opportunity to capture more in this generation than even the first generation is a challenge not to be passed up, and the old mantra "gotta catch 'em all" has never sounded quite so challenging as of now! :)
I couldn't agree more. I'm moving out of my family's house for the first time this weekend to go to uni and I have to admit I'm more excited about B/W than that. XD

kemal07

Ok i'm bored just waiting lol. I'm getting of the net for now to do something else why waiting. I should be on in an hour or so to check then get back off again depending on the circumstances :)

Status
Not open for further replies.