• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
i loled at the ice/dragon that looks like a "chicken" xD that thing is so ugly i was like wtf is that!? lol srsly that pkmn is hideous in every way shape and form.
its not a beauty but its more awesome than any of the gen 4 legends imo

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The monkeys all have identical stats...

The final evo of the bird fossil seems like a great physical sweeper. High speed and very high attack.

Most of the Pokemon on second glance are decent, except the Flying legendary trio. I hate them.

KickAsh

halted development
Okay this is a waste of pokemon edition...

No flamingo, no woodpecker, no animals we need spare for the ant.
A woodpecker Pokemon would be pretty lame.
Also, it's good that you diss Gen V and then proceed to name like 40 Pokemon you like.
And it's not good to judge a Pokemon just by its sprite. Factor in the official artwork (which almost always looks cooler than the sprite) and whether or not the Pokemon is actually any good, statwise and battlewise.

defex369

Oh, so the anime is going to advertise the Black version then. That would explain Reshiram's superior presence.

C_L

Umm Zekrom appears in the first episode of the anime. I doubt they are going to focus more on either. Just because she follows ash doesn't mean that she is the gym leader, doesn't mean she isn't.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
I know I'll change my opinion on all the Pokemon after I get over the initial shock of the wave of new sprites, but for now, I'm going to give my first impressions of a few:

#521 Kenhorou - Definitely not what I would have expected Mamepato's final evo to look. Did it go from being a pigeon to a road runner? The two different forms is odd, too. I'm guessing the Pink Face form is the male (like how male Peacocks have the colorful tail feathers).
#524 Dangoro - Gigaiasu should've been a standalone
#525 Gantoru - Same as above.
#532 Dokkora - VEINS!
#533 Dotekkotsu - Same as above.
#534 Roopushin - Same as above.
#535 Otamaru - Ugly. Ugly. Ugly. Please, take it back.
#536 Gamagaru - Same as above.
#537 Gamageroge - Same as above.
#538 Nageki - Now, I know some Pokemon (like Hariyama) look like they're wearing clothes, but in this case, the Pokemon looks like it literally grabbed a karate suit and slipped it on. At least Hariyama "clothes" appear to be a part of its anatomy.
#539 Dageki - Same as above.
#552 Warubiru - One word: disappointing. Megaruko is one of my favorite Gen V Pokemon, but I can't say the same for this. First, I expected Megaruko to evolve only once. Second, I expected it to remain quadrupedal and not bipedal.
#553 Warubiaru - Same as above.
#559 Zuruggu - Dark/Fighting? That's surprising. Based on its color, I figured it would be Electric-type. I know, that was naive of me.
#569 Dasutodasu - What the...?
#573 - Chillarmy should have been a standalone.
#584 Baibanira - Not needed. Baniricchi would have sufficed.
#589 Shubarugo - Probably one of the most bizarre-looking Pokemon I've ever seen. It looks like it could be a character in "Adventure Time."
#591 Morobareru -Same as above.
#593 Burunkeru - Same as above.
#600 Gigear - After seeing this, Gear would have been better off as a standalone.
#601 Gigigear - Same as above.
#613 Kumashun - ICICLE SNOT! That's too funny.
#621 Kurimugan - Umm... I'm sorry, is this a Pokemon? Really, GF? Really?
#623 Goruggo - Same as above.
#624 Komatana - LOVE IT!
#625 Kirikizan - Same as above.
#627 Washibon - Definitely did not disappoint. I love Wargle's pre-evo.
#629 Baruchai - It looks like it didn't completely hatch from its egg, and the egg looks like a diaper. Interesting design.
#634 Jiheddo - I've dreaded this day; a twin-headed dragon...how cliche.
#649 Genosekuto - My hunch was right: it's hideous.

Cobalt_Latios

Most of the Pokemon on second glance are decent, except the Flying legendary trio. I hate them.
They look like they're based of greek gods. It just seems to fit.

edit:
Umm Zekrom appears in the first episode of the anime. I doubt they are going to focus more on either. Just because she follows ash doesn't mean that she is the gym leader, doesn't mean she isn't.
This was before I got conflicting info.

C_L

Last edited:

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
Also, all the non-dragon, non-bug legendaries are terrible. I had such high hopes for the raijin, but them all being the same is disapointing. Most of this gen is good imo, though it does seem to be aimed explicitly at subverting fans expectations. My one complaint is that a lot of these pokemon look needlessly obese/awkward, a couple of very small alterations could have done this gen a load of good.

Yes.

This is the one reason I do not like the desert croc's final evo.

I wanted muscles! Something firm and powerful looking like Feraligatr. Instead we get a gator who looks like he's been drinking too much beer.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
SAZANDO. <333

I won't lie, 5th gen looked like the stupidest thing ever until I saw these new dragons. That three-headed hydra thing called Sazando & Ononokusu are about the greatest things ever. I can't wait now. :3 5th gen dragons, here I come!

I dunno, my reaction was something slightly more along the lines of HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

But then Sazando started to grow on me. Kind of like a dragon-type Scizor, except maybe the arm-heads are actually real. I hope it has a delightfully frightening Dex entry. :]

But hey, it looks as though I'll finally be able to create an all-reptile/dragon team without having to rely on legendaries! Now if only that maybe didn't mean I'd have to get two plain dragon-types... :<

Also, I'm totally going to capture a Dokkora and name it Joachim. Or possibly Valentine. (A nonexistent cookie and my eternal nonexistent affection to whoever gets that reference.)

vbrasil

Just... a trainer.
Ok, I think this gen had some veeeery good ones to compensate the other crappy PKM.
Legendaries look bad, but I think it's kind of weird that most of the new pkm look a lot like humans... o_O

Jordy Kieto

WOW!
All the sprites are good, haters just leave

Fav pokemon?
the monkey trio though honesly Im biased towards fighting monkeys

As some of you have posted, the metagame has been completely revolutionized with every single pokemon except Basurao having a stat over 100. Needless to say, this generation could easily beat the previous ones. Now we just need sugumi art, and attack and ability descriptions.

Hopefully Kyuremu gets an alternate form in Pokemon Grey though no complaints on its current form

Isis-sama

Anyone know what the ability Weak-Kneed does? I haven't been paying attention to the 5th gen abilities, so I don't even remember if it's been revealed before now or not.

Cerex

A lot of these are hit or miss for me, and some are really funny to look at, but some of the others are just oozing possibilities. I'm definitely picking the water starter this time around. I haven't been this impressed since R/S/E. Others:
Roopushin
Zoroark
Burunkeru (Basically the water version of Drifblim, which I loved)
Shanderaa
Tsunbeaa
Kojondo (Sneaky little weasel, ridiculous)
Kurimugen (Reminds me of a Digimon)
Goruggo
Kirikizan
Sazando

You can tell the folks over at Smogon are going to have their minds busy, dealing with all the new type combinations.

Now to just wait for the movesets.

This generation is going to be so good.

How many of these Pokemon are legendaries? I'm assuming they're the 12 after Urugamosu + Victini. So, 13? Am I missing any or including any Pokes that aren't legends?

Kael Sabel

The Dark Spriter
And again, just for comparison - and a supreme WTF moment 0.0

#445 Garchomp

HP: 108
Atk: 130
Def: 95
SpA: 80
SpD: 85
Spe: 102

#612 Ononokusu

HP: 76
Atk: 147
Def: 90
SpA: 60
SpD: 70
Spe: 97

Sincerely, WTF?! Ononokusu is going straight into the Uber tier on Smogon, without question. Only 5 less speed base stats, and 16 more attack in the attack stat makes this the strongest attack Dragon we've ever had, from recollection! 0.0 (That's not an out and out legendary - and even then, I'm struggling to think of one that has 147 or more attack base stat...)

And do you know what the final ticket is? The salt on the friggen wound? Unlike Garchomp, Ononokusu CAN learn Dragon Dance.

Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.