• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be feeling sorry when it comes to kicking the grass/fighting pokemon with a flying type. However, that bug/fire type secondary evolution is boss, and second of all, it reminds me of that Zelda creature you found in Forbidden Forest. I forgot who it was. Anyways, the steel type pokemon are rocking awesome. Lots of water types too.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I'm a little confused about Gobitto and Goruggo (622 and 623.) They look like robots, yet they're ghost ground. I would expect them to be at least part steel.

They're Golems brought to life. A bit like the Regis. Just imagine they're made out of clay and earth.

Dragoon952

The Winter Moth
The trash bag/broken trash bag poison type is a little odd. Overall, I like the feel to this new set. Doesn't have the Ice/Bug I was looking for, but I'll take the Fire/Bug.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
My favorite Gen V Pokemon (possible team members):

Tsutaja3
Futachimaru (can't say I'm too fond of Mijumaru3 yet, but it will undoubtedly grow on me)
Shimama and evo
Gigaiasu
Koromori (before I judge its evo, I need to see its Sugimori art, but for now, I don't like it)
Doryuuzu
Megaruko (before I judge Megaruko2 and Megaruko3, I need to see their Sugimori art, but for now, I don't like them)
Hihidaruma
Dark/Steel Poke and evo
Baffuron

Others that are pretty cool, but not particular favorites:

Gochirezuru
Rankurusu
Mebukijika
Ononokusu
Electric/Ground Poke
Wargle and pre-evo
Dark/Dragon1 (before I judge its evos, I need to see their Sugimori art, but for now, I don't like them)
Bug/Fire1 (before I judge its evo, I need to see its Sugimori art, but for now, I don't like it)

Ominous Doom

You are the CHASER!
That Bug/Steel Event Pokemon looks eerily similar to a Pokemon I made up when I was 14. I'm not even joking.

The Hydra looks like something I made like 2 years ago... Dark/Dragon, 100 base attack, 130 Sp Atk and 125 Spd. I'm not even joking, although it was based on a dark-typed Dragonite. It also had Levitate. Lol.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Overall, I find this gen to be good, some of them are pretty creative and we now have fighting and bug legendaries for once.

I know my favorite is the candle. IT'S ADOWABLE!!!

The Dragon/Dark hydra is definitely going to be on my team. The red and blue dragon #621 is my least favorite though, it's just a garbled mess...

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
I just love most of these pokemon (since I'm sure everyone has some they don't really like) and I kind decide what pokemon will be on my team other than Smuglord and Dark Kitty but I have a kind of list of choices:
Jaroda
Leperasudu
Baokki/Hihidaruma/Shanderaa
Zeburaika/Shibirudon/Ononokusu
Abagoora/Burunkeru
Rankurusu/Aakeosu/Oobemu

Ruud

In looking at these sprites does anyone else get a distinct Digimon-esque feel about many of them. Usually in the past Pokemon and Digimon looked fairly distinct, but Gen V seems to be crossing over. Don't get me wrong, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Yes, indeed. However it's not only from Digimon, but also from disney and other programs..

As example Rankurusu does me think of the disney movie: lilo and Stitch, that blue creature from space.

Something I like about them is that they are new in the design. This point is also the thing I hate about some, it's so different from the original generation.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
In looking at these sprites does anyone else get a distinct Digimon-esque feel about many of them. Usually in the past Pokemon and Digimon looked fairly distinct, but Gen V seems to be crossing over. Don't get me wrong, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.
im also getting a kingdom hearts chill with the ghost fire one and a very big monster rancher vibe from the pokeball shroom

SmartD

These new Pokemon look so fine, so good, and so cool. I was suprised when I found out that Kibago's second stage evolution is Ononokusu. The sea turtle Pokemon looks good. And the Legendary Pokemon are awesome and fine too.

Copley Hill Gym

Ononokuso learns dragon dance too?! 0.0

I'm going to have to put this Dragon on my team to balance out getting thwacked for six in the first few weeks of online battling, by other people using this Pokemon!

I've pretty much made my mind up based on the base stats now.

1. Deikenki (Water, Final Evo)
2. Ononokuso (Kibago, Final Evo
3. Aakeosu (Second fossil, Final Evo)
4. Zeburaika (Zebra, Final Evo)
5. Gigigear (Gear's final form)
6. Zoroark (Zorua's final form)

That gives me Water, Dragon, Rock/Flying, Electric, Steel and Dark.

Kamajama

never have i been so turned off to the pokemon of a generation. meh. maybe when getting better images of them my mind will change. if not, mehhhh

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Iris is exclusive to White.

I wish that is true. The booklet that shows Iris has White tabs while the one that shows that Shaga guy is black. And Since white/Reshiram is in black and Zekrom/Black is n white, it would make sense for those gym leaders to appear in a similar manner.

Wagoru's first evo is so cute!

Totally didn't expect Gochiruzeru and Rankurussu to belong to a 3 stage evolutionary line.

Is the one with the pentagram sort of hair near the end of the list a legendary too? Looks weird to be one.

Xinkc

Knight of Oblivion
3rd fire/fight starter in a row....loving the "creativity", especially in the guys on clouds where the used microsoft paint to change the color and to add 3 new pixels to their tails

If you can't see the differences in the swirling tail things (they're all radically different), the different hair, or the differences in the spikes then you need glasses.

moonlightning

The Megaruko evos are sooo cool. Plus, there are lots of really interesting stat spreads and seemingly a lot of emphasis on speed. Some of them have collosal Atk and Sp Agk so I predict a more fast paced metagame relying on countering and revenge killing.

( Or setting up Onoknusu with 1 DD and sweeping your opponent.)

Ps, screw Mamoswine, run Yache Onokonusu.

D*N

Musical Star
He'll probably be the overlooked Dragon in the 5th gen, but Kurimugan...

isshu-pokemon-127.jpg

Despite having a modest 485, has a decent ability in Rough Skin, but the main one will be Encourage, which disables secondary effects and boosts the attack. Simply put - Outrage without confusion.

The big shame though is that he has a pitiful 48 speed stat (which kind of defies logic seeing as it has wings?).

yes,little ugly wings.
It's just Ugly in one word.
And then im not already talking about those legends.
There the most ugliest legends I ever saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.