• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charzonsos

Fire/Dragon Trainer
Soo...
[IMG200]http://pokexperto.net/nds/sprites/bweta/image22.jpg[/IMG200]
= Bob Marley
[IMG200]http://stuffstonerslike.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/bob_marley.jpg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://pokexperto.net/nds/sprites/bweta/image18.jpg[/IMG200]
= Elvis
[IMG200]http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/musicimages/elvis_presley_on_stage.jpg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://pokexperto.net/nds/sprites/bweta/image20.jpg[/IMG200]
= Jerry Lee Lewis
[IMG200]http://www.springtimeentertainment.com/jerryleefiles/JerryLeeFlamingLeopardL.jpg[/IMG200]

Anyone else agrees?

Grei

not the color
The new Pokemon are unoriginal,repetetive, and resemble a lot of pokemon from the past. I think this is a sign to hang it up on any more made, i'm sorry I was a huge Pokemon fan, but now it got dull.

Sugimori disregarded old designs and told the design team to just create, regardless of if their Pokemon were the same species as previous Pokemon. This was done on purpose, to feel like it's a new start.

Sorry you're ignorant. The sound you hear is the world continuing to turn.

SimChao

The Furret Fanatic
The only ones of the bunch that I think look like official Pokemon are:

Grass starter's line
Choroneko (not the evo)
Koromori and Kokoromori
Chillarmy + evo
The Pika-squirrel
Mamanbou (should have been a Luvdisc evo)
Denchura
The 2 cover legendaries
Victini

That's it... To me all the others are awful and look like fanart. This is the first time ever that I've actually been really disappointed in Pokemon.

Cecil Omega

alright this is my first gen on the forum......does this saying im not playing pokemon anymore cuz of how much the new ones suck happen every time?...or is it just this gen mostly?

Happens everytime, I remember the same thing happening when 4th gen was coming out.

Some people just can't accept anything over 151 -3-

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
The only ones of the bunch that I think look like official Pokemon are:

Grass starter's line
Choroneko (not the evo)
Koromori and Kokoromori
Chillarmy + evo
The Pika-squirrel
Mamanbou (should have been a Luvdisc evo)
Denchura
The 2 cover legendaries
Victini

That's it... To me all the others are awful and look like fanart.

Chilarmy 2 does NOT look like a pokemon.

Banned
maybe in white you get Cynthia and Steven and in black you get Red and Wallace?
Or the other way around, or whatever xD

Venomrec

some of the legends look like mcdonald toys. anyone agree?

jwla

I am very pleased with many of the Pokemon. I am still not sold on the fighting-types with the clown noses...hahaha. The stats for some of them seem to be a bit...I don't know...poor, but that is not something that I usually bother with. The evolution levels on some seem to be through the roof, THAT does bug me a little.

All-in-all it's shaping up to be a great generation. As for which Pokemon I really like, Hitomoshi and it's evolutions, the garbage bag Pokemon (I still don't know the names well) and many more! I may import it soon!

SimChao

The Furret Fanatic
Conflicting information.

Can you read? In my opinion, the only ones that look official are the ones that I listed. Shouldn't it be implied that it's my opinion?

Just because I used the word "official" somewhere in my sentence doesn't mean that I believe I'm posting a fact. CONTEXT.

Grei

not the color
alright this is my first gen on the forum......does this saying im not playing pokemon anymore cuz of how much the new ones suck happen every time?...or is it just this gen mostly?

It's something where a new design looks odd to you (which relates to having expectations of Pokemon designs, then having those expectations stay unrealized) because they're new. It tends to happen every Gen. It was like that for 3rd Gen for me (although I still hate a few of those designs... I'm staring at Gulpin and Zigzagoon, specifically, although there are others). What helps is learning what each Pokemon is based off of. Once you know the reasoning behind the design of a Pokemon, it's easier to like it.

Cecil Omega

watch, they could pull a fast on on us and Mamanbou evolves into luvdisc, making Mamanbou even lower than luvdisc.

Exactly! That and new evolution methods for other pokemon too!

Use Afro Wig on Tauros to evolve it into Buffalon
Use Cherry Pie on Growlithe's face to evole it into Yorterri
Use Plastic Surgury on Pachirisu to evolve it into Emonga

There's no reason they'd pull a fast one on us, why would they make Mamanbou the only Isshu pokemon to evolve from a past gen pokemon?

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!

AGREED! I can't believe any of those are actually legendaries besides our cover boys. Maybe once I hear the story behind them they'll look more natural.

Bloush

lost to Bianca...
someone mentioned earlier that the last 3 are based off kids toys which seems to be true, but obviously i think they have a deeper concept. but yeah, the pony, and meloia really do. I actually really like the bug pokemon. Infact i like the pony too. Just not meloia..... <.< lol i still like generation 4s event pokemon better.

Grei

not the color
Do we have any leaks regarding the Elite 4, plotlines or new items?

We have many leaks on that.

The Elite Four:

Pokejungle said:
# E4 Shikimi [Ghost-type]: Desukan (lv48), Burungu (lv48), Goruugu (lv48), and Shandera (lv50)
# E4 Giima [Dark-type]: Zuruzukin (lv48), Warubiaru (lv48), Rebarudasu (lv48), and Kirikizan (lv50)
# E4 Katorea [Psychic-type]: Rankurusu (lv48), Mushaana (lv48), Shinboraa (lv48), and Gochiruzeru (lv50)
# E4 Renbu [Fighting-type]: Nageki (lv48), Degeki (lv48), Roobushin (lv48), and Kojondo (lv50)

Quoted from Pokejungle because it was the closest tab open. I won't spoil the Champion (I'm sad I spoiled it for myself :x).
As far as items, we have a few. There's a stone that ups the Def. and Sp. Def of an unevolved Pokemon, among others.

snormunch15

It's something where a new design looks odd to you (which relates to having expectations of Pokemon designs, then having those expectations stay unrealized) because they're new. It tends to happen every Gen. It was like that for 3rd Gen for me (although I still hate a few of those designs... I'm staring at Gulpin and Zigzagoon, specifically, although there are others). What helps is learning what each Pokemon is based off of. Once you know the reasoning behind the design of a Pokemon, it's easier to like it.

i get what you mean.....i don't like the ice cream guy,....someone sai it was an icicle with snow on it......i liked it more, but still not that much

Status
Not open for further replies.