• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charzard Tamer

Johto Bound
The back sprites are incredible! For the longest time, I wouldn't use certain Pokemon, just because of the way their back sprites looked. Anyone else have that problem. It might just be the OCD in my coming out, but I just couldn't use them if I couldn't see a lot of the Pokemon, but these are INCREDIBLE! So many options for me now.

Are the Hoenn sprites screaming 'Remake' to anyone else?

I wouldn't use Donphan or Golem just because of the backsprite, and several others. If I couldn't see atleast half the body, I wouldn't use them. Thats why I love the new sprite design. I have a lot of quarks when it comes to Pokemon games.

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
Yeah the Ice cream pokemon is really the only one I dislike all the rest are pretty BA.

DO NAWT INSULT THE ICE CREAM! I want you to star at it's right face. See how HAPPY it is? Imagine it heard you said that and its happy adorable lovable face become sad.... Now you made it cry! U heartless fiend!!!

pickledArbok

The back sprites are incredible! For the longest time, I wouldn't use certain Pokemon, just because of the way their back sprites looked. Anyone else have that problem. It might just be the OCD in my coming out, but I just couldn't use them if I couldn't see a lot of the Pokemon, but these are INCREDIBLE! So many options for me now.

Yeah I never use a pokemon with a crappy backsprite but I love them all now, so I can finally use lucario without being physically sick, I hope they change the menu sprites because some of them really suck.

I loved the ice cream pokemon until its evo grew another head. Lame.

Last edited:

Eldin

Master of Steel
I wouldn't use Donphan or Golem just because of the backsprite, and several others. If I couldn't see atleast half the body, I wouldn't use them. Thats why I love the new sprite design. I have a lot of quarks when it comes to Pokemon games.

I know! Golem, Wailord, Donphan, Rhyperior, ect. I loved them all, but couldn't use them because of their suckish back sprites, but now it's finally fixed, and they all look so incredible! It's about time!

shadow wolf

The one and only!
The ice cream makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Yeah I see it as an icicle beard to. Man I wish gamefreak had left the original names of the badges alone. Now they're going to mess with the 7th gym badge and call it something like snow badge.

They should just call it Ice Badge. That, way it brings us full circle with the third English Ice gym badge having the same name as the first Japanese one.

Nightmatrix

Ice and Fire

Because the design is horrible. I wouldn't mind a Pokemon inspired by ice cream, but a Pokemon that is ice cream...no. It just looks stupid. Ice types are already limited in number, there could have been something much better and cooler than that thing.

I believe we're forgetting the Dragon-Ice legendary; I've been waiting for them to make an ice dragon like this. I don't know how he'll fit into the Yin-Yang thing they're doing, but he looks pretty cool.
On a side note, I'm disappointed that the fire starter evolution is ANOTHER Fire-Fighting. I mean, it's when they do things like that you look back and think about how awesome Charizard and Typhlosion were. The Grass snake starter looks to be the best for me.;065;

aa_623

I'm really digging some of these new pokemon, some are god awful, and some are just there. I love the fossils (Puratooga <3), Rankurusu and it's pre-evos, Gochiruzeru and her pre-evos, the crocs, the cactus, the deer, the candles, most of the bugs (bug/fire especially), Kibago and evos, and a few more. I hate the water monkey's evo, the tadpole things, Tabunne, the ice cream, the genie things, and most of the fighting pokemon.

I actually don't think the starter evolutions are that bad anymore; they're not my favorites, but I can stand them. On a side note, Leperasudu is one sexy kitty. Persian is another sexy kitty I heart its sprite. A lot of the new sprites are epic. Does any one have the sprites of all the form differences?

BCVM22

about the last legendary bug/steel pokemon, do you think it's a rival to Deoxys, but only a man-made machine from space?

How can it be man-made if it's from space?

Between the possible name etymologies, the differently colored formes and its Pokédex text, there's clearly something afoot with Genosect and its event; as for what that is exactly, my sense is that the best thing to do is wait until someone dissects the code that far down and tells the world.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I know! Golem, Wailord, Donphan, Rhyperior, ect. I loved them all, but couldn't use them because of their suckish back sprites, but now it's finally fixed, and they all look so incredible! It's about time!

Are back sprites really that big of a deal that you wouldn't use a favorite Pokemon because of them?

Good lord, that is stupid.

How can it be man-made if it's from space?

Between the possible name etymologies, the differently colored formes and its Pokédex text, there's clearly something afoot with Genosect and its event; as for what that is exactly, my sense is that the best thing to do is wait until someone dissects the code that far down and tells the world.

I think one of the Pokedex entries has something about Team Plasma altering it.

BCVM22

I think one of the Pokedex entries has something about Team Plasma altering it.

Precisely my point. Clearly there's something afoot in that future event, but the various pieces of that puzzle are still too fuzzy to really be sure of anything yet.

Politoed trainer

Dasutodasu Trainer
Our bugs this gen destroy every other gen...

Bug pokemon tournement...

"GO DUSTOX"

"Pendora, I choose You"

Pendora uses -insert random attack-

Dustox has been KO'd

Seriously, a bipedal, sophisticated Leaf Man,

And a fast Giant poisonous Centipede?

And those steel bugs aren't to bad either...

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I agree, all of the back sprites are beautifully done. Can not wait to stare at those during battle!

Sabonea_Masukippa

Well, howdy.

Just been looking through the text dump, and since yall were talkin' bout Genosect, thought ya might find this interestin'.

ゲノセクトに もたせると\ufffeテクノバスターという わざが\ufffeみずタイプになる カセット。
ゲノセクトに もたせると\ufffeテクノバスターという わざが\ufffeでんきタイプになる カセット。
ゲノセクトに もたせると\ufffeテクノバスターという わざが\ufffeほのおタイプになる カセット。
ゲノセクトに もたせると\ufffeテクノバスターという わざが\ufffeこおりタイプになる カセット。

Which more or less translates to:
If you give this cassette to Genosect to hold the move called Techno Buster becomes Water Type.
If you give this cassette to Genosect to hold the move called Techno Buster becomes Electric Type.
If you give this cassette to Genosect to hold the move called Techno Buster becomes Fire Type.
If you give this cassette to Genosect to hold the move called Techno Buster becomes Ice Type.

Sorry, don't have access to that item's name by myself though. :(

Here's it's Dex Entry:
#649 Genosekuto: An ancient Bug Pokemon that was remodeled/restructured by Team Plasma. The Cannon on its back was made more powerful.

These are the only references to it in over 2700 pages of text dump, if that means anything to you.

Last edited:

pickledArbok

Look at the single scoop ice cream poke upside down, its a unhappy face with little ice arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.