• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of them HP and Defenses wise?

I'd think they'll have below-average stats. Maybe High Special Defense since it supposed to be illusion-y.

It is dark type, so high special stats.

High attack as well, since they are based on foxes, which attack things and kill them easily. Medium defence, since foxes can defend themselves, but Zoroark doesn't look as well built as some.

HP I'm not sure.

Silver_Seoul

I shall be original and hypothesize Zorua's stats, be they as unimportant as they are. x]

HP: 50(~ish)
Atk: 70? (Looks a little more attack based than his evo...)
Def: 30-40(~ish)
SpAtk: 50(~ish. As an average type stat.)
SpDef: 20? (eh...)
Spd: 60-70 [~ish.]

Basically, I see Zorua with:

.Average~above average HP.
.Above average~High Attack
.Average defense
.Average~Below average Special Attack
.Average~Below average SpecialDefense
.Above Average~High speed.

As for Zoroark, I agree with the rather common:

.Average HP
.Average~above average Atk.
.Low Def.
.Above average~high special attack.
.Low Sp.Def.
.High Speed

shayminXIII

i think it will be used way too much like lucario

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Well i personally think Zoroark will be able to learn alot of nice moves like maybe Night Slash maybe Detect. I also can see him knowing one fighting move maybe close combat

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
well almost all dark types before had "glass cannon" stats ( except umbreon) and from the looks it seem the to be it

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I still think there is a hidden type for Zoroark as coro coro only stated that Zorua was a pure dark type, it diddn't say this about Zoroark at all, secondary fire type please.

Well since we only have Houndoom and HOundour for dark.fire types, i would like to see that in Zoroark. I also hope for dark/fighting he kinda looks like a fighter to me

SnorlaxInSlacks

Come here kiddies...
I still think there is a hidden type for Zoroark as coro coro only stated that Zorua was a pure dark type, it diddn't say this about Zoroark at all, secondary fire type please.
WHY is it so hard for people to beleive that these things are just Dark types?
Why?

beastofbrawl

My speculation: I think Zoroark will end up being dark fighting, but that would just be my guess. I'm sure it'd be a great physical sweeper being able to learn Fire Punch, Night Slash, and CB as its main attacking moves....Possibly will use Bulk Up as a stat gainer. It might even be able to use Curse.

Stats:
Base 80 HP
Base 110 Attack
Base 70 Deffense
Base 70 Sp.A
Base 80 Sp.D
Base 90 Speed

He'd probably be used as a Choice Skarf Revenge Killer or Choice Band, but Possibly even a Life Orb would do with the Bulk Up set. I think his Ability will be Pressure.

flygonabsol99

these are two pokemon,that are very..unrevealed at the time.they have great pictures.thet somehow seem somewhat similar, in concept,to riolu and lucario.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
WHY is it so hard for people to beleive that these things are just Dark types?
Why?

I don't mind having them as pure dark type, we're only speculating because Coro Coro only put one of them as being a pure dark type, the other was just referred to as dark.

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Besides we dont have alot of pure dark types. So maybe more would be cool but im really hoping it would be part fighting.

BCVM22

Zoroark resembles more of wolf than a fox.

Wolves and foxes are both canines and share any number of facial and body features. Given that Zorua is clearly a fox and the fact that Zoroark has plenty of fox-like features and nothing about it that contradicts its fox origins, I think we can safely conclude that it's a fox, perhaps with one or two wolf characteristics.

God, the pokemon design is getting worse each generation.

Only in your opinion. Not by any objective standard.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Zoroark resembles more of wolf than a fox. God, the pokemon design is getting worse each generation.

Yes! Lets just keep our recoloured animals form the 1st genration pl0x.
While I don't like the lipstick on Zoroark, Zorua looks absolutely adorable.

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
Wolves and foxes are both canines and share any number of facial and body features. Given that Zorua is clearly a fox and the fact that Zoroark has plenty of fox-like features and nothing about it that contradicts its fox origins, I think we can safely conclude that it's a fox, perhaps with one or two wolf characteristics.

Only in your opinion. Not by any objective standard.

Also the fact that it's Pokemon Description is "Evil Fox Pokemon" is a huge giveaway

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess Zoroark will know Beat Up and Crunch. Genius right? :p

Silver_Seoul

I actually like the [FACEPAINT.] It gives him an evil appearance.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess Zoroark will know Beat Up and Crunch. Genius right? :p

I like that idea.

I was thinking he can also learn shadow claw, but the only way is to go to a move relearner

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
He'll probably know Night Slash as well. Dark-type + sharp claws....

Status
Not open for further replies.