1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Shining Mew, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sponge

Sponge Well-Known Member

This alone is making me want to pick the water starter, poor guy :(

Curse me for always wanting to support the underdog XD

2. theforgottensoldier

theforgottensoldier divide and conquer!

If I had to guess their final stages will be like this.

Grass/Poison
    Fire/Dark
    Water/Ice

Of course it's hard to judge because the final stages are usually very different.

3. Chilias

Chilias Emerging Trainer

let's hope that this gen will be like the 3rd TwT all new pokies!

I want more info! o___o

4. SergeiDragunov

SergeiDragunov Crits Everywhere

First Impressions:

Tsutaja: I think we all had a bit of a shock at this one. A snake, who woulda thought? I guess it was the fact it has legs... A snake with legs. Anyway, I see him to be fast with decent attack stats but nothing completely astronomical, and low defense.

Pokabu: Nyeh... I was really hoping he wouldn't be a pig. But I guess it can't be helped. I predict he's going to be slow with high HP and good physical stats.

Mijumaru: Completely adorable. However I'm hoping it will turn into something badazz, because I like water starters, but I don't want it to be TOO cute, if you will. As usual, I'm predicting he'll be the more defense-oriented one.

Evolution predictions:
    Tsutaja: Grass/Dragon or Grass/Poison (Although I hope not). This may seem a bit crackpot but a Grass/Flying winged serpent would be amazing.

Pokabu: I'm still thinking Fire/Ground for this guy. Pigs seem to say "physical" to me, and if it goes the special route and becomes Fire/Psychic or something along those lines it's sure to be a Grumpig ripoff, so I'm going to pick a more physical type. A warthog or any type of tusked pig would be nice.

Mijumaru: Water/Ice seems obvious here, but I'm ready to be surprised. Maybe that shell will turn into some sort of armor at a later form?

5. ZarraWolf

ZarraWolf Well-Known Member

The fanart makes me love the pig and lizard/snake even more. xD They are just awesome looking.

Will we get any more pre-game pokemon releases? Or will the rest have to wait until the game comes out in Japan?

6. aa_623

aa_623 Well-Known Member

I really like the grass starter, as usual. I really hope it turns into some kind of dragon-like thing. I actually don't like the fire starter that much. I don't think it's as cute or cool as Charmander or Cyndaquil. I do like it better than Chimchar though, hopefully its evolutions look cool. The only thing I don't like about the water starter is its nose, but other than that I like it. It's adorable and I love the sea shell on its stomach, it's a cute reference to how sea otters crack open shellfish on their stomach while floating in the water.

7. fenris91

fenris91 Active Member

While I'm disappointed with the Water/Grass/Fire combination AGAIN....I have to say the design on these three look WAY different than I would have first guessed.

I wonder if they'll take more chances on the design for the other newcomers as well?

8. denizenofevil

denizenofevil Well-Known Member

Of the three, I like the pig one the best. It reminds me of P-chan from Ranma 1/2. The otter creature thingy is my least favorite. It looks nothing like a sea otter.

9. Meganium Ex

Meganium Ex Banned

Why does everyone want the Grass type to end up with a Flying subtype? The Grass type, as much as like it, is horrible enough as it. Why do you guys want to make this new Grass starter even worse than Meganium and Venasaur? You guys really hate him that much?

10. Skirgedot

Skirgedot Well-Known Member

Next month we'll have more Pokémon. That's for sure. It's going to be the rule until the games come out. It's not like there is a bunch of CoroCoros down the road until the games arrive. Between 4 or 5.

11. flyboy1308

flyboy1308 Coming Ta Town

Loving the idea of quetzalcoatl
    http://i42.*******.com/2gv57k7.jpg
    Deliver, Pokemon Company!

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  12. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Uh, weren't they already confirmed to be Grass/Fighting, Fire/Dark, and Water/Psychic?

13. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

I know, I love the expression on that green dude's face.

14. CherishMelvil

CherishMelvil Top Coordinator

[​IMG]

Mijumaru looks way cuter when smiling. I've been doing tons of drawings of it <3

15. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

No typing of any sort has been confirmed. Nothing other than pictures was shown.

16. BlastoiseWaterLegend

BlastoiseWaterLegend I LOVE WATER TYPES!!

im choosing the water starter as i always have.

17. Xanron

Xanron I'm on my way

I think Grass will be grass/dark
    fire will be fire/rock or fire/ground, due to it's color scheme being similar to Camerupt's
    water would be water/ice :/

18. Chimcharrulez97

Chimcharrulez97 Well-Known Member

Here's what I think about the new starters:

Fire Pig: Cute! Looks sort of like a ninja.

Grass Lizard: ANOTHER REPTILE? Oh well, it still looks cool

Sea Otter: WHAT IN THE WORLD?!? IT LOOKS LIKE A CLOWN! I hope the evolutions are better.

19. PsychoCyndaquil

PsychoCyndaquil Well-Known Member

I like love the little Water starter. It's precious. I'll probably either choose the Water starter or the Fire. The grass one bugs me for some reason. x) I don't like it.

20. Pokeaholic

Pokeaholic Well-Known Member

I'm starting to like the starters :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.