• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabonea_Masukippa

No typing of any sort has been confirmed. Nothing other than pictures was shown.

Actually, the Japanese specifically mentions them as being Grass, Fire and Water in the text near their heads.

I love the new grass guy too, I was shocked by all of them at first, but quickly got over it and they're all pretty cool in their own way.

fozza9448

OMG I luv this picture
New_Starters_by_PokeChibiArtist98.png

It makes me like them all even more - even the otter :D

Sorry it's a bit big -.-

aa_623

Why does everyone want the Grass type to end up with a Flying subtype? The Grass type, as much as like it, is horrible enough as it. Why do you guys want to make this new Grass starter even worse than Meganium and Venasaur? You guys really hate him that much?

Not everyone wants it to be Grass/Flying, I hope to god that it won't to be. That would a nigthmare. I wouldn't mind if it could learn flying type moves. I don't see it as a flying type now anyway.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
water-2.png

Mijumaru looks way cuter when smiling. I've been doing tons of drawings of it <3

I gotta say: I do like the Water-starter better when smiling. Probably because I like optomistic attitudes. :/

I think Grass will be grass/dark
fire will be fire/rock or fire/ground, due to it's color scheme being similar to Camerupt's
water would be water/ice :/

Color scheme isn't really a good way to determine typing. I mean, Seaking is orange and black while Magikarp is orange and yellow, all of which the pig is colored. I'm not saying your idea isn't likely, just that color isn't a good way to conclude ideas.

Xanron

I'm on my way
Why is everyone disappointed about the grass dude being a reptile?
grass starters have ALWAYS been reptiles and I think it'll stay that way.

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
Ok so first impression, the grass i like best followed by the fire pig. the wtaer starter is by far my least favorite. They did to much to make it cute. I am hoping it does a piplup where it's final form is waaaaay cooler than it's basic form. We can only hope.
Ofc I assume it'll be water/ice like everyone else. As for the Grass snake, grass/dragon would be sweet but i'm a bit unsure of them doing that. grass/poision could be very likely though i'd prefer it not. I dont see why so many want a grass/flying. While a winged serpant sure would be cool looking, i just dont like the idea of a grass/flying type. It just doesnt seem like a good type set to me. As for the fire pig, I think ground or dark. Dark i base purely off the black on it (silly i know) and while it's been done it could be cool from a starter. Fire/ground is a likely possible but then it would feel like a numel copoff to me. It looks better than i thought it might so maybe it'll have some sweet evolutions.

now first 2 gens i went with the water starter. 3rd i started with the wtaer but changed to fire and was happier for it. 4th i choose the grass. This gen will be either grass or fire for me likely. I will save final judgement for when the evo's are revealed though.

hm a grass/psychic maybe would bee cool for the snake? the eyes just make me think psychic would be cool for somereason lol.

drl

My first reaction was: What disgusting and most awfull starters!!!!

But now Im kind liking them but still I think they could had done a better job If they stop smacking their heads in the wall during work.

The Grass one is kinda weird , I love all the grass starters but this one maybe be the first grass starter I like less.
The fire starter is completly diferrent of the badass they usally be.
The water starter could be a litte wierd to but its the only one who is intersting enough to want to see his final evolution.

The dual-types will be ( 100% shure ):

- Grass/Electric
- Fire/Dark
- Water/Ice

Xanron

I'm on my way
Actually, the Japanese specifically mentions them as being Grass, Fire and Water in the text near their heads.

Obviously, they're the starters, Starters are always grass/fire/water.
We're wondering about the 2nd type, if any.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I think ALL of them are adorable...But I definitely believe I will be picking the otter...it is just way too cute...the frown makes the cuteness.

The snake I think will most likely end up looking like a Quetzalcoatl. Now whether or not it will be Grass/Dragon or Grass/Flying remains to be seen. I do think it will be airborne some way or another.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Of the three, I like the pig one the best. It reminds me of P-chan from Ranma 1/2. The otter creature thingy is my least favorite. It looks nothing like a sea otter.

How does it not look like a sea otter? It has the correct body type and face, and it even has a clam.

I love the new grass guy too, I was shocked by all of them at first, but quickly got over it and they're all pretty cool in their own way.

I think he meant that the subtypes of the final forms haven't been revealed.

EDIT: Beat'n.

Last edited:

Lugion

Firepig=win. I like the grass snake, too, and the sea otter's beginning to grow on me.

Uh, weren't they already confirmed to be Grass/Fighting, Fire/Dark, and Water/Psychic?

Nah, that was a fake rumour.

Why does everyone want the Grass type to end up with a Flying subtype? The Grass type, as much as like it, is horrible enough as it. Why do you guys want to make this new Grass starter even worse than Meganium and Venasaur? You guys really hate him that much?

We're talking about a snake with legs and arms. The only part missing are the wings.

rocky505

I dont see the water starter being water/ice since that will make it have an advantage over the other two.

Xanron

I'm on my way
My first reaction was: What disgusting and most awfull starters!!!!

But now Im kind liking them but still I think they could had done a better job If they stop smacking their heads in the wall during work.

The Grass one is kinda weird , I love all the grass starters but this one maybe be the first grass starter I like less.
The fire starter is completly diferrent of the badass they usally be.
The water starter could be a litte wierd to but its the only one who is intersting enough to want to see his final evolution.

The dual-types will be ( 100% shure ):

- Grass/Electric
- Fire/Dark
- Water/Ice

a Grass/electric snake? I highly doubt it.

Also, I don't think the grass would be grass/dragon because dragon types are seen as rare and powerful. It would give it an instant 1 up form the rest of the starters. Grass/flying is not a good idea imo. leave that to Tropius, who actually pulls it off. although uncreative, Grass/poison is my main bet.

Xanron

I'm on my way
He was responding to an earlier post by Hydrohs who said that no type of ANY KIND was confirmed.

I think it's fairly obvious that they are grass/water/fire as are all the starters. Whether GF never officially says it or not, it's common sense.
I think Hydrohs meant no sub-type was confirmed, I don't know.

ZarraWolf

Btw, I think it's pretty funny that a lot of people said they were being "edgy" by naming the games black and white.

But no one has said anything about the use of a pig as a major character.

I use to work at a game-developing company that sold it's games world wide. And we were NEVER allowed to make anything featuring pigs, seeing as these animals are a very touchy subject for Muslims. (We were also not allowed to make games in which cows got hurt, because it could be offensive to Hindus.)

sparkedglory

I love the Grass (as always) Gotta start with one of your favorite types right? Plus He looks awesome!

The Fire starter, isn't bad at all, I'm liking it alot. And He kinda looks like a pirate with a bandanna.

And Finally the Water starter has grown on me. When I first saw it I was like D: wtf is that thing?! But now that i've gotten a better look at it, it's kinda cute. (just needs to smile) :)

Hopefully all 3 will have Epic evolved forms!

Come on everyone! It's time to conquer the Isshu Region!!!

KanNKeller

Mijumaru has to be the best lol just look at him! His design is just so unassuming the you know he has to pwn ^_^

Tsutaja : Grass/psychic

Pokabu : Fire/dark

Mijumaru : Water/fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.