• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. All of those together account for a very specific design, one which both Piplup and Mijumaru share.

So in your book specific characteristics aren't fact? You must have a warped definition of fact then.

Wow. I never thought someone who posted the same message several times would ever prove to me the point they are trying to make.

I guess I was wrong.

By simply flaming this whole time, you have shown to me the error of my ways. Next time I comment on something, I will make sure to immediately assume it as fact as you so rightfully do without the thought of properly considering the idea that it might just be my own opinion.

Thank you Black Doom for revealing to me that there is no fine line between opinion and fact. Now I know that it must all be fact based upon your personal ideas.

[Super_Fjord]

Is a college kid.
Um. Please, guys- I understand you're still into Pokemon and stuff... but grow up and chill out. You all have an issue if you think your opinion on what the starters in a game geared towards ten year olds really matters that much or is the same opinion as someone else.

In fact. You really have an issue because you're telling others, who are entitled to their own opinions, that they are wrong. This is generally looked down upon when you're discussing a very much opinion based subject without any factual evidence for any argument any of you have made thus far.

In conclusion.... stop. You should feel bad, because you're making yourselves look bad.

Really? Let's analyze the similarities if you think Mijumaru is so orginal.

- Both have a large white head.
- Both have an orange nose (or beak in Piplup's case)
- They have the same eyes
- Small light blue body
- Stubby limbs
- Short blue tail

There are probably some others, but notice the amount of detailed similarities between the two, it's not just a general template. This isn't just my interpretation of what they look like, this is fact.

I'm not going to give my opinion on whether or not they are similar.

Rather, I'm going to tell you to shut the hell up, stop being a ****ing baby, and get over it. :)

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Wow. I never thought someone who posted the same message several times would ever prove to me the point they are trying to make.

I guess I was wrong.

By simply flaming this whole time, you have shown to me the error of my ways. Next time I comment on something, I will make sure to immediately assume it as fact as you so rightfully do without the thought of properly considering the idea that it might just be my own opinion.

Thank you Black Doom for revealing to me that there is no fine line between opinion and fact. Now I know that it must all be fact based upon your personal ideas.

nice sarcasm! ;)

Vrdnt25

VerdanTree
can you guys please stop? im getting tired or reading rant after rant and complaint after complaint about the piplup/mijumaru relationship. its not that important.

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
can you guys please stop? im getting tired or reading rant after rant and complaint after complaint about the piplup/mijumaru relationship. its not that important.

This, this, this, and more this. Really people, if you don't like it, don't pick him. Don't go trolling the interwebs and starting not-so-epic flame wars.

[Super_Fjord];11296386 said:
Um. Please, guys- I understand you're still into Pokemon and stuff... but grow up and chill out. You all have an issue if you think your opinion on what the starters in a game geared towards ten year olds really matters that much or is the same opinion as someone else.

In fact. You really have an issue because you're telling others, who are entitled to their own opinions, that they are wrong. This is generally looked down upon when you're discussing a very much opinion based subject without any factual evidence for any argument any of you have made thus far.

In conclusion.... stop. You should feel bad, because you're making yourselves look bad.

Um. Please- I find it hilarious you wasted your time typing that, because it's not going to change anything, and you're a fool for thinking so.

So stop acting like you're so goddamn superior. And no, saying what's already been said 2000 times does not make you look any smarter.

In conclusion... stop. You should feel bad, because you're making yourself look bad.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Then why are you here? No new info has been released, no new info probably will be available until tomorrow (depending on where you live), so yuou can't be here for the latest scoop. So you're here to discuss the new pokemon, right? And that's what's being done. If you don't like the manner it's being done in, try and change the topic rather than complaining about people talking about the new pokemon. Be proactive.

On that note, I noticed that all the starters this gen are taller than last gen's.

Naetle: .4m, Tsutaja: .6m
Chimchar: .5m Pokabu: .6m
Piplup: .4 Mijumaru: .5m

That's...a completely random and pointless realization. Maybe it means the games are going to be more mature and have a deeper stroyline and more action (but not action commands coz that would ruin everything)? Nah, probably not.

Last edited:

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I think it's cool that all of the starters have Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent; it's nice to stick to tradition. But what new attacks might they learn? The only attacks we've heard about so far are attacks that Zoroark will have. I'll be interested to find out more about Zoroark's attacks since he's super cool, but I'd like to know more about the starters since I definitively know that I don't need to unlock an event to get them. ;387;

On a different note - do you think CoroCoro will reveal more new Pokes next month, maybe new legendaries or something?

[Super_Fjord]

Is a college kid.
Um. Please- I find it hilarious you wasted your time typing that, because it's not going to change anything, and you're a fool for thinking so.

So stop acting like you're so goddamn superior. And no, saying what's already been said 2000 times does not make you look any smarter.

In conclusion... stop. You should feel bad, because you're making yourself look bad.

Well, it'd probably help if you calmed down rather than riling yourself up over something that wasn't directed at you. I'm not sure what the aggression is all about, but there's no reason to attack me for telling people to stop arguing about opinions which don't matter.

Anyway.

This thread isn't for our stupid arguments. It's intended to discuss confirmed Pokemon information and ideas concerning confirmed Pokemon.

HolyBlaze

Pokabu's final evolution could be a minotaur. That would be awesome:D

Xanron

I'm on my way
Y'know that pig still doesn't sit well with me. I mean, a pig? I see a pig as an animal of low value (sorry piggies) and since fire is my favorite type I've been picking them as my starter since Gen. I. If it evolves into a ugly boar thing with tusks I'm gonna flip. I doubt it will compare to Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken and Infernape. They're beasts.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Y'know that pig still doesn't sit well with me. I mean, a pig? I see a pig as an animal of low value (sorry piggies) and since fire is my favorite type I've been picking them as my starter since Gen. I. If it evolves into a ugly boar thing with tusks I'm gonna flip. I doubt it will compare to Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken and Infernape. They're beasts.

I suppose now you're going to say that the 5th gen has no creativity and the franchise is dying.

BCVM22

Pokabu's final evolution could be a minotaur. That would be awesome:D

The Minotaur is half-bull, not half-pig. Not to say it's impossible, but there's no link there.

See, this is the problem. Not to single you out, because it's certainly not just you, but let's lay out the issue here. They took your favorite starter type and designed it as an animal you don't like. Yes. Terrible. A travesty, a sham and a mockery. You feel that way about it. Fine. Then just say "hm, not my cup of tea" and leave it at that, perhaps? The problem arises when people try and present it as as if there's actually something wrong with the designs.

"I doubt it will compare to Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken and Infernape. They're beasts". Really? What constitutes a "beast", exactly, and assuming that Pokabu ends up as large, fiery boar - not unlikely at all - in what way will it fail to be a "beast"? That's the problem. So many people trying to point out actual problems that don't exist. Again, if you don't like a design, fine, good for you. But this effort of trying to make the case that they made a mistake of some sort by not tailoring a design to your exact specifications, there's just nothing to it but more complaining.

The starters are what they are. They aren't changing. If you don't like a certain starter, don't use it. It's that simple.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Why do people keep on referring to Turtwig as Naetle?

Anyway, I don't see how Mijumaru and Piplup look the same except for body type and color.

Phantom champion Z

god its about time someone tried to put an end to all this **it talk about mijumaru. GAMEFREAK worked hard to come up mijumaru and we should be thankful new pokemon were created, and if you hate them that much dont buy the games your small contribution to the millions of dollars/yen/euros they will get anyway wont be missed very much.

[Super_Fjord];11296429 said:
Well, it'd probably help if you calmed down rather than riling yourself up over something that wasn't directed at you. I'm not sure what the aggression is all about, but there's no reason to attack me for telling people to stop arguing about opinions which don't matter.

Riled up? Aggression? Nonsense. I'm not sure how you could tell what my mood was based on a few words. I surely hope that the usage of the word "goddamn" didn't automatically make you think I was p*ssed or something.

This thread isn't for our stupid arguments. It's intended to discuss confirmed Pokemon information and ideas concerning confirmed Pokemon.

And who gives two shits about that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.