• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Hey, not everyone thinks the otter looks weird.

In fact, I've found that the opinion on him seems to be 49% hate him, 49% love him to bits, and 2% are neutral. Rather interesting to watch. After reading about how much people hate him for a while, a bit later my sister asked me to find a post that ragged on him so she could attack them. I couldn't find one. 0_o

Anyway, we now know what Illusion does. Cool. Helpful for playing mind games.

hitoshura0

Hey, not everyone thinks the otter looks weird.

In fact, I've found that the opinion on him seems to be 49% hate him, 49% love him to bits, and 2% are neutral. Rather interesting to watch. After reading about how much people hate him for a while, a bit later my sister asked me to find a post that ragged on him so she could attack them. I couldn't find one. 0_o

Anyway, we now know what Illusion does. Cool. Helpful for playing mind games.

I'd still like to see how the actual mechanics work before determining its usefulness, but as written right now, it looks kind of useful.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'd still like to see how the actual mechanics work before determining its usefulness, but as written right now, it looks kind of useful.

Especially if you can somehow control what you appear as. Imagine going into battle disguised as a Poison-type. since Zoroark retain its Dark typing, this would be handy. Nobody would use a Bug or fighting move on a Poison type, and would probably use a Psychic move, which would be quite handy since you're really a Dark type. Of course they'd figure it out after they don't get a Super Effective message or your "Weezing" uses something it normally can't...

Last edited:

O.J. da Juiceman

Suicune... Your sig and general attitude lead me to imaginings of your life. I see a box of Kleenex, a bottle of Aveeno, and some anti-inflammatory medication for your severe carpal tunnel.

Discussion Related: I actually like all of them, not at first, but gradually. Probably picking the sea otter =D

Jigglypuff5000

Somehow I doubt that the starter will end up being a dragon type. Dragon types are usually the 'rare' Pokemon type that's acquired mid to late game.

Agreed. A starter pokemon will never have the Dragon type.

As for our current Grass starter, I hope he's something at least attempting to be unexpected like Grass/Dark or Grass/Fire or Grass/Electric.

But I wouldn't mind the Grass/Fighting combo I guess.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lol, Jigglychu, you're completely right.. though Weezing is still a generous example in my opinion... What if you just sent out Ekans against Mewtwo or something, then suddenly Mewtwo gets hit with Dark Pulse xD

Lol, Jigglychu, you're completely right.. though Weezing is still a generous example in my opinion... What if you just sent out Ekans against Mewtwo or something, then suddenly Mewtwo gets hit with Dark Pulse xD

Haha xD That would be a bit obvious. Don't worry, though, I'm tempted to make teams with weak Pokemon in disguise.

This is trivial but I wonder if a shiny Roroark will disguise itself as another shiny Pokemon. Probably not, that didn't happen with transform.

I hope Roroark isn't gonna be OU like Lucario - I don't want to feel guilty for using him xD

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
What about a Magikarp, then using Dark Pulse? xD

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Finally, for the end of this news rush, we have details on what CoroCoro says shall be within their next issue. CoroCoro promises that next month, in addition to more Black & White details and screenshots, we'll also get another brand new Pokémon revealed. In addition to this, they also promise to tell us how to obtain Zorua. This issue of CoroCoro is due for release on June 15th 2010 and will likely be leaked a few days before.

Yay!!!
Hopefully the evolutions for the starters will be revealed. I can't wait to see them!

So, then, people hate the otter? Actually, after the Hoenn starters, the otter's my favourite! Tied with the fire pig of course.
I HATE the grass starter, it's ugly.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
As the saying goes, "You should never judge a book by it's cover."

2 of the cutest starters: ;255; and ;393; evolve in to two of my all time favorites. ;257; ;395;

conejoz

Miscelaneous Trainer
thnks for the news serebii hopefully well see the legandarys we all know when pokemon sunday comes its just gonna be stuff bout the starters

moa

Cascade Trainer
Finally, for the end of this news rush, we have details on what CoroCoro says shall be within their next issue. CoroCoro promises that next month, in addition to more Black & White details and screenshots, we'll also get another brand new Pokémon revealed. In addition to this, they also promise to tell us how to obtain Zorua. This issue of CoroCoro is due for release on June 15th 2010 and will likely be leaked a few days before.

no singular or plural, can be one or can be 5, Japanese language does not have singular/plural difference, right?

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Mijumaru has quickly become my favourite water starter. It's a shame it seems to be the least popular but I'm sure once we see other images of the starters people might like them more.

Last edited:

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
Yay!!!
Hopefully the evolutions for the starters will be revealed. I can't wait to see them!

I'm afraid that won't happen as the previous generation the evolutions of the starters weren't known until the release of the game. :(

I like all three of the starters. It's a good set this generation. Good job Game Freak. My favorite is the fire pig. Of course I always prefer the fire starter. Except for G/S. A crocodile will always be better then a giant ferret.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I'm really loving the pictures of Hiun City, they look awesome. But they make me wonder how big this game is actually gonna be. With all these graphical enhancements, it makes me fear that these games are going to be really pretty, but mighty short.

DarkPrince

Take that!
Ah wow. So much truckloads of information came these days. I sure am fully satisfied.
And now the streets and all the 3D images truly remind me of nostalgia during Johto Series.
It's truly LIKE POKEMON now.
Yeah this is Pokemon. The market,the alleys all are cool. I can even see the city from the Sky Arrow Bridge! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.