• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I too hope that the two versions have a bit of a seperate storyline but enough of it being the same for them to tie in together properly. Since so far the only thing that seperates most of the two games in each gen is the 2 legendaries and exclusives.. would like some of the storyline to change in each one to make them different but still the same in a way, now im just repeating myself :p

cazatron

it kinda sucks that these are 99% likely to be half dragon type since the black one looks like it could be dark/steel whereas the white one could certainly pull off flying/ghost typing, both are interesting sets and i think drifblim and drifloon are the only other pokemon to share the typing.
they look SOOOOOOOO FRICKIN AWESOME THOUGH

pkmn trainer chris

I too hope that the two versions have a bit of a seperate storyline but enough of it being the same for them to tie in together properly. Since so far the only thing that seperates most of the two games in each gen is the 2 legendaries and exclusives.. would like some of the storyline to change in each one to make them different but still the same in a way, now im just repeating myself :p

Hg and ss (and g/s/c of course) had this since the player had to go to a diffrent location for the legendary.its not much but its better then same talk same place diffrent legendary. Also 1 extra legendary exclusive would be cool ;P.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
Hg and ss (and g/s/c of course) had this since the player had to go to a diffrent location for the legendary.its not much but its better then same talk same place diffrent legendary. Also 1 extra legendary exclusive would be cool ;P.

I sort of agree with you dude :D i was mainly on about the overall storyline as oposed to the legendary pokemon section of it. But yeah thats the most difference we have had yet, well you could argue that Ruby and Sapphire were quite different... but that was just because their were two teams instead of one... but the talking for each team was pretty much the same but with words change in each to accomidate the legend they were after.

ArtProjectCorn

Time Waster
Looks like Zoroark is officially Zoroark in the U.S. now. I read on PokéBeach that http://www.zoroark.com/ is a domain that redirects to the English (U.S.) Pokémon site now. This probaby means it's that Zoroark is the English name now, but maybe not. Maybe they realize that we get most of our news early from Japan. :)

To say something on topic, because the above text may be considered speculation, Zekrom doesn't look like it can fly with its wings. Palkia doesn't either and I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually fly.

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Looks like Zoroark is officially Zoroark in the U.S. now. I read somewhere else (I don't know if I'll get in trouble for naming it, but it's not some vague site nobody visits, I'll tell you that) that http://www.zoroark.com/ is a domain that redirects to the English (U.S.) Pokémon site now. This probaby means it's that Zoroark is the English name now, but maybe not. Maybe they realize that we get most of our news early from Japan. :)

PokeBeach.. we allready know this :) It probably will but people will be waiting for it to be officially confirmed.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Hate to be nitpicky, but as far as I know, Ken Sugimori doesn't do many, if it any at all, Pokemon designs anymore. Hence the apparent difference in style. He did continue doing the art, but around HGSS I'd bet money someone else was doing the official art too by then. I seem to remember seeing him designated as an "art director" as opposed to an artist in the HGSS instruction manuals, but I might be recalling incorrectly.

EDIT: I'm wrong on most points, according to my manual. He doesn't do the official art anymore, at least not in HGSS, which is the only correct thing I said here. He does still design Pokemon (albeit with a pretty big group of other people), and he's not the art director.

... Please read the bottom of this and every picture of johto pokemon who got new artwork... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Smeargle_(Pokémon)

Yes he wasn't the art director of HG/SS but he still drew all the official art before it was released. Look under Pokemon Designs and you will see him listed 1st.

And he is drawing the official artwork of generation 5 pokemon

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zoroark_(Pokémon)

His art style has just changed over the years- becoming more toned and complex. Hell you can even see differences between FR/LG designs and R/B and HG/SS designs and G/S.

iLoveDratinis

Dragons galore!
these are the least pokemon-ish legends i think. but they look awesome. im still debating which one id actually get, black or white.

Last edited:

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I doubt Pokemon Sunday will reveal anything new to be honest, maybe just show the Legends along with their names. But that could be next weeks show... either way if there is anything new i would like a full confirmation of both of the legendaries types weither they are pure dragon or dragon and ??? for each of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.