• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
well there is no doubt that it will be in the ground breeding type

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
A big problem I noticed is someone said the 'Lipstick' should only be on the female.
Lipstick? No. It refers to typical Japanese Masks and Face paintings depicting foxes. I remember in the last topic someone posted a large list of images that depict this. It would be nice if they did it in this one. ^_^

Grei

not the color
i think ther should be a middle stage zorua to zoroark. seems like a drastic change just me though.

Why would they reveal the Basic and 2nd Stage Evo, but not the 1st Stage Evo, of an evolutionary line? That'd be like revealing Shinx and Luxray, but not Luxio, or revealing Treecko and Sceptile, but not Grovyle. It doesn't make any sense.

so i wonder if it will have acces to the many claw required moves

One would guess that it does, considering it has claws.

WHY is it so hard for people to beleive that these things are just Dark types?
Why?

Because it's arguably still possible for Zoroark to be something other than pure Dark. Only Zorua has been confirmed to be purely Dark.

But just look at Zoroark. Doesn't it look like a Fighting type? Most humanoid/humanshape Pokemon are Fighting-type.

Coach

Speculator
Because it's arguably still possible for Zoroark to be something other than pure Dark. Only Zorua has been confirmed to be purely Dark.

But just look at Zoroark. Doesn't it look like a Fighting type? Most humanoid/humanshape Pokemon are Fighting-type.

Show me one place where it says that Zoroark could have another type. I haven't heard of anything. CoroCoro already said it was a Dark type.

Pathfinder

No Angel
Actually they both are confirmed to be dark types. There was no mention of either one of them being dual typed. Though I wouldn't rule out there being a 2nd type for them because of the way they look. If there was a 2nd type it'd probably be fire or fighting.

Anyways, I can't wait for their abilities to be revealed next month =D.

Last edited:

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
I don't think so. Zoroa is a fox/fox cub, Zoroark is a fox. It's appearance makes perfect sense if you ask me.

Why should it look like Growlithe? Why not a totally new design? If a pokemon's design looks too similar to existing designs, that just makes it boring.

I was making reference to the fact that Zoroa looks like a mouse with Popsicle sticks for legs; I'm exaggerating of course but you get my point. Seriously though it's definitely one of the most awkward pre-eveolutions I've seen.

And the whole growlith comparison, since growlith is esentially a dog and Zoroa a Fox that means they're of the same genus. Growlith actually has feet and knees. From the image we've seen Zoroa's legs look like sticks. o_O

rocky505

I see them both being in the ground egg group maybe humanshape IDK.

w00t!: Rank up!

Grei

not the color
Show me one place where it says that Zoroark could have another type. I haven't heard of anything. CoroCoro already said it was a Dark type.

Coro Coro said that they were Dark types, but according to the translations, Zorua was a PURE Dark type, while Zoroark was only said to be Dark type. That's how it was worded--which could insinuate that Zoroark has a second type.

Zorua - Pure Dark Type
Zoroark - Dark Type

^that sort of wording could possibly hint that Zoroark has a second type that has yet to be revealed. It's entirely possible (and more likely) that Zoroark is just a Dark-type, but the wording of the Coro Coro scan and the shape of it's body suggests that Zoroark may have a second type.

beastofbrawl

Agreed with Grei on that thought.

I really hope that it is dual type though and that it's part fighting part dark....I don't know where everyone is seeing fire though.....Just because it has red hair doesn't mean it's fire type.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Hmm, interesting. I'll guess we'll have to wait for confirmation on Zoroark then, although we do know it is at least Dark-type. XD

Have to say I quite like how they look, really, even if the amound of hair difference between the two seems a touch much to me. But I have little complaints with their looks, really.

Silver_Seoul

Yea...this does get a little bland without the even a simple dash of speculation...but I understand the reason for its ban. A lot of off-topic Spam can be produced from even the slightest mention of "5Th Gen pogeyManz."

OnTopic: I like Zoroark either way, standing or on all-fours. But as a sprite in-game I see him standing. I think the four-legs thing is only for the anime, while it's...idk, chasing Celebi or something. To help it gain speed, y'know.

Duality Ninja

LOLWUT IM PR0ZORZ
To be honest, I think Zoroark looks pretty cool. I like how his name is all like "Zorro", that badass from teh movies. I definetly see him on my team, and I think, from him being a fox and etcetera that this guys is going to be best as a sweeper, and probably special considering he's Mr. Illusionsguy.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
I don't mind having them as pure dark type, we're only speculating because Coro Coro only put one of them as being a pure dark type, the other was just referred to as dark.

Coro Coro said that they were Dark types, but according to the translations, Zorua was a PURE Dark type, while Zoroark was only said to be Dark type. That's how it was worded--which could insinuate that Zoroark has a second type.

Zorua - Pure Dark Type
Zoroark - Dark Type

^that sort of wording could possibly hint that Zoroark has a second type that has yet to be revealed. It's entirely possible (and more likely) that Zoroark is just a Dark-type, but the wording of the Coro Coro scan and the shape of it's body suggests that Zoroark may have a second type.

Okay, I'm going to attempt to end this right now, Corocoro NEVER used that wording. Pure was added by websites and was not mentioned EVER. They are both Dark-type Pokemon and got the same treatment from corocoro regarding wording.

Thank you, have a nice day ^^

zennyrpg

I don't really think Zoroark looks fighting. I feel like it should have more hand-like hands/ fists.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
wow from an place I won't mention, it look like a black Renamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.