• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumineon

This genration will rock!!

Loved the legendaries!!!

I just hope there is no more legendaries!!

Sadly there will be at least four more; one to act as a peacekeeper between zecrom and reshiram, a legendary trio and another to give away at an event (though with 1 giveaway in GII, two in GIII and three in GIV, only one event pokemon is unlikely...)

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
I've noticed a lot of females seem to prefer Reshiram over Zekrom, whereas more of the male populous are for Zekrom versus Reshiram. Interesting. I don't think I've seen such a "division" in tastes since Mewtwo and Mew. Was that a purposeful move on GAME FREAK's part? I don't see it being completely coincidental... but, at the same time, I don't see it being an elaborate ploy. That's just giving too much credit to them. But, if they could make Mewtwo and Mew as polar opposites, I guess it's not completely illogical...

They are yin-yang. That has been pretty obvious this whole time. Especially since the white one is the mascot for black and the black one is the mascot for white. Yes it was purposeful.

Reshiram is yin. Yin is usually characterized as slow, soft, insubstantial, diffuse, cold, wet, and tranquil. They are generally associated with femininity, birth and generation, and with the night.

Zekrom is Yang. Yang, by contrast, is characterized as fast, hard, solid, dry, focused, hot, and aggressive. They are associated with masculinity and with the daytime

Straight from wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

Jirachi Kidd

Yes, I know, but what's the theme of these legendaries otherwise? Groudon and Kyogre represent the land and sea, and Dialga and Palkia represent time and space, so what comes next?

good/evil
day/night
light/dark
peace/chaos
cake/pie
IDK? theres a lot of choices..

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
They are yin-yang. That has been pretty obvious this whole time. Especially since the white one is the mascot for black and the black one is the mascot for white. Yes it was purposeful.

Reshiram is yin. Yin is usually characterized as slow, soft, insubstantial, diffuse, cold, wet, and tranquil. They are generally associated with femininity, birth and generation, and with the night.

Zekrom is Yang. Yang, by contrast, is characterized as fast, hard, solid, dry, focused, hot, and aggressive. They are associated with masculinity and with the daytime

Straight from wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang
You understand the day is light and the night is dark, right?

bel9

You understand the day is light and the night is dark, right?

Oh hurdy hurr hurr. Because day and night have EVERYTHING to do with it right?
You do realize that Reshiram is more feminine in appearance and the reshi has been translated to sage or whatever. People have been saying on this all day that it is expected to be the less physical of the two.
Then on the other hand Zekrom seems more masculine and aggressive. People expect this to be the more physical of the two.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Oh hurdy hurr hurr. Because day and night have EVERYTHING to do with it right?
You do realize that Reshiram is more feminine in appearance and the reshi has been translated to sage or whatever. People have been saying on this all day that it is expected to be the less physical of the two.
Then on the other hand Zekrom seems more masculine and aggressive. People expect this to be the more physical of the two.
I didn't say anything about the others, though. I'm talking about dark being with night and light with day.

bel9

I didn't say anything about the others, though. I'm talking about dark being with night and light with day.

Okay and your point being...? I don't think they want time specific legendaries. But I think that they used the concepts of yin and yang for aesthetic purposes.

ForteAnly

Which starter r u guys goin to choose and why???and what version??

I will be choosing the grass starter for either Black or White. The reason for this because i'm still not fond of the other starters specially the water starter.

Icay4321

Reshiram almost looks like a ghost, cause it's got that wispy look, maybe like a cloud, too.

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
The General Idea of "Light" I can already be seen in the type "Psychic".

We already have Legendaries based on Time (Dialga & Celebi), and though we don't have ones for time of day, I think the Sun takes care of daytime and the absence of the Sun's light hitting an area of the planet takes care of Night time.

White & Black and their legendaries... Looks pretty Yin-Yang or whatever to me.

Icay4321

can anyone else see r&z on like the pedestal on the spear pillar in super smash bros.?

Pokexplosion

Pokemon Researcher
I don't care what other people say, if you ask me, these are damn epic! The only pokemon that look cooler than these are Mewtwo, Darkrai and Lugia.
Is it just me, or does eshiram look a lot more of a God pokemon than Arceus does? Zekrom looks pretty cool, but I prefer Reshiram.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
Okay and your point being...? I don't think they want time specific legendaries. But I think that they used the concepts of yin and yang for aesthetic purposes.
I'm saying that the white=night/black=day info may not be right. Unless the Chinese were just off the wall when that concept was created, cause in all the dark/light refernces I've seen dark in night.

ceustace3

Which starter r u guys goin to choose and why???and what version??

i will choose the fire one because they are usually sweepers, and there arent any good fire types except the previous fire starters and heatran (unless this generation brings good ones).

ceustace3

The General Idea of "Light" I can already be seen in the type "Psychic".

We already have Legendaries based on Time (Dialga & Celebi), and though we don't have ones for time of day, I think the Sun takes care of daytime and the absence of the Sun's light hitting an area of the planet takes care of Night time.

White & Black and their legendaries... Looks pretty Yin-Yang or whatever to me.

light and psychic are two different topics. you can't compare the two.

It's too bad that not much info was reveiled about the legendaries.......

All we can do now is speculate about what they are and what they symbolise............

Status
Not open for further replies.