• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Grissom

Crime Scene Analyst
Umm, I really don't want to start up another argument, Gil, so I'm just gonna post up my main points from when I discussed this with someone else:

It's not that I find Zoroark hard to spell or pronounce, and it's not that I'm too lazy or have the incapability to spell his name out in every post, but I prefer, as in a personal preference, to call him Z'Ark.

Oh, I wasn't looking for a fight or anything. I was just curious.

Sorry If my post came across the wrong way. :)

Silver_Seoul

It's okay, I just didn't want a big misunderstanding to start up like before >.<

1ee7leader

Z'Ark sounds nice.

Silver_Seoul

I just can't understand how some people pronounce it [Zo-Roark.]
I just get tongue tied whenever I try it like that. >.<

I just go my easier way and pronounce it [Zo-Ro-Ark]

Skirgedot

But that's the thing, Manaphy is an exception. IT CAN BREED. Ninetales and Arcanine aren't legendary pokemon. They are pokemon based ON legends and very common.

Yes, but the result of the breeding is a Pokémon that can't evolve into Manaphy. That's the exception. And again, our term of a legendary created a long time ago comes to the talking, since Manaphy is the little cute Pokémon with 100 in every stat (like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Shaymin) which happens to be extremely rare.

You're missing my point. Gamefreak did something radically different by having a legend breed to spawn a different legend. We can't say that something radically different can't be done here.

Gamefreak didn't create the legendary term. We did. They created a pattern which is shared by a few Pokémon, which together we call "The legendaries". The Pokémon that run away from that pattern can't be defined as a legendary. And christ, this Zoroark seems so far away from that pattern that I can't even tell.

Gamefreak may not have made the term, but the have used it since it caught on. THEY decide what is legendary, not us. It's ridiculous to think otherwise, if Gamefreak want to add and evolution ability for certain legendary's, it's their decision as it is THEIR product.

Up. Nuff said...

And at the end of day, the true legendary (decided by Gamefreak) is Arcanine, since he is, you know, the Legendary Pokémon.

Silver_Seoul

I can't see Z'Ark as legendary...
as there's already four other legends in the movie.
[Although I really wish they would have kept to the Lugia vs. Ho-Oh idea that came as a trailer to the 13Th movie. :( Beggars can't be choosers, though.]

I mean, I suppose it's possible, but it's HIGHLY unlikely that the Z's are legendary.

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
I normally don't post stuff like this, but these news seem quite plausible. A rumor's saying that The Pokémon Company is having their hands on the DS 2. If this is true, would it be possible that Game Freak's developing the new generation for that console? I know it's mentioned to be on the Nintendo DS, but it might be Nintendo DS 2. Maybe it's an E3 surprise that the games will be launch titles?

I don't think this is true, I saw a interview with a Nintendo producer at IGN where he said that we won't have a DS2 anytime soon, because they don't need to.

This must be just a rumor (a stupid one, btw)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Gamefreak may not have made the term, but the have used it since it caught on. THEY decide what is legendary, not us. It's ridiculous to think otherwise, if Gamefreak want to add and evolution ability for certain legendary's, it's their decision as it is THEIR product.

Even if they have started to use it it can only apply to those Pokemon which follow the rules that brought about the term. If the Pokemon they create evolves it is not a Legendary.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
How about let's not discuss what makes a legendary and get on topic with Zorua and Zoroark, please. =P Don't want arguments, least about the old what-is-a-legendary debate.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Thanks a bunch fer dat, bob. Bill. Whoever you are.

What kinds of moves do you guys think da Zoes have?

SilverFox

So sly
Who put the hair band in Zoroark's hair?

I think this is the first Pokemon with an accessory.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Umm, he said "it's not impossible." He's not saying he knows FOR SURE, he's saying it is unlikely. Different concepts.
Gentle nudge back to topic: Many people have suggested an illusion related ability for Zoroark, but what would this entail? Would illusions mean "evasion boost" as many people are suggesting, or could it have another effect?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Maybe enchancing Substitutes? The topic of 5th Gen as a whole has been beaten to the Hall of Origin and back, but we don't have enough info.

And then the mods wonder why so many off-topic arguments occur.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok, again we're off-topic and only a page further too. Please, let's not discuss vague info about the DS2 and some mention of the Pokemon Company playing around with it, or speculate whether the next games which has no info besides that it's on the DS and the sort, or whether it'll be like TP or not (?) and talk about why you're all off-topic. =P

The off-topic discussions if they were allowed would just lead to spam and arguments by the mountain-load - the current restriction is there for a reason. I remember joining when speculation for D/P was in full swing - that was something we don't want to deal with whatsoever here. >_< Please try to stick to the topic of the Pokemon. Such as, say... the possible movepool it'll have, and so forth. If info to discuss is low, then I'm afraid you'll have to wait for more info - it'll come around eventually but don't expect it to be quick.

Grei

not the color
I would like to say that I do not live in Japan either. This won't seem relevant to most, but it sort of is.

Such as, say... the possible movepool it'll have

Good idea!

Well, this is a list of every damaging Dark move so far:

Assurance
Beat Up
Bite
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Faint Attack
Fling
Knock Off
Night Slash
Payback
Punishment
Pursuit
Sucker Punch
Thief

The ones in bold are the moves I believe could be in Zoroark's movepool.

And now for the non-damaging Dark moves:

Dark Void
Embargo
Fake Tears
Flatter
Memento
Nasty Plot

Snatch
Switcheroo
Taunt
Torment

Again, bold are moves I believe could be in Zoroark's movepool.

Thoughts, own opinions?

V Faction

www.faction.com
Christ, over 6 years here and the treatment still sucks.

Thoughts, own opinions?

I'd add Night Slash to your pile of choices. Personally, Zoroark looks like one of those High Critical Strike dealing fellows. His claws seem perfect for stuff like: Slash, Night Slash, Crush Claw, X-Scissor and so on.

I also believe it'll get one or two really random attacks. You know, the kind that have a unique usage but really don't belong to any specific Pokemon. Last Resort, for example, you could say might end up going to it. Why? Well, just because. Some attacks can't really be defined and are good filler between all the sensible ones.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Thief is another move many Dark (and other) Pokemon can get, though Zoroark will probably only be learning this by TM.
I agree that Night Slash would be a good move, just looking at Z'Ark's claws. Dark Pulse would be more likely if it has good Special Attack (which I'm hoping it does).
Hopefully Zoroark will also have some good Dark moves that are completely new.
As for Zorua? I'm thinking Covet as a possible Egg move, but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.