• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

oh can't you see? they're using never used typing in legends. The white one will be Poison.

Just like Zekrom will be Dark-type.

Again, at some point, the "brilliant" fandom needs to realize they're anything but and just give it a rest for a while. Nothing is gained by repeatedly making declarations with absolutely no support behind them and on the absolute flimsiest of pretenses. I'm going to call it what it is - it's stupid.

Waalchastazoor

arceus7 said:
Searing breath that could wither crops.
Firing off its quills like arrows.
Invulnerability except for its tail.
Creating floods by stepping into rivers.
A single strike from its tail was lethal to a full grown man.
Breathing out fire as a typical dragon.
Spitting out a powerful stream of water or acid."

This sounds like a poison type. Poison. Dragon. Finally.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I think that if zekrom is dragon/electric, it could very well explain the electromagnetic cave shown in some of the pre-release pictures. i mean... it makes sense and it would give a perfect location to find him. Maybe that is one of the differences between the games: that the version exclusives will be in a part of the island that only exists in one game and the other version exclusive will exist in another spot (that doesnt exist in the other game) in the other game. sorry, that may be hard to follow

Now that's the best explanation for the differences I have seen yet. You get brownie points.

I like the gargoyle idea. That whole explanation was pretty good.

I have a theory on the tails. Ram's looks like a torch of sorts to me so it could possibly be a dragon/fire type. For Rom, if the second type (electric) is true, then I am thinking that it's tail could be similar to a generator of sorts.

And pokemon are neither good nor bad, so lets drop that idea right here and now.

And enough with the *shudder* light type talk. It's not going to happen, so it doesn't belong here.

Last edited:

wise24

MEWTWO KILLS!!!
I'm just saying maybe GM will mixt things up and surprise us.!!something that we don't expect

wise24

MEWTWO KILLS!!!
I'm just saying maybe GM will mixt things up and surprise us.!!something that we don't expect

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Uhm, yes type does matter. There is no "remember Dialga and Palkia." Their types had a perpose. A slightly obvious perpose. They are based off of their respective jewels. One very well known fact about the diamond is that they are the hardest mineral on Earth. That's where Dialga's steel type comes from. Pearls are known for basically being found under water. That's where Palkia's type comes from.

Funny. I was thinking the same thing, type wise. I don't agree with the people believing that the legends will "switch rolls," with Reshiram being dark type and all that. Although I used to think that could be the case, I don't think so anymore on the basis of the name meanings. My theory on the typing is different from yours, although I do believe the whole night time generator and torch thing as well. I think that the electric type on Zekrom would be a reference to the way in scary situations, everything gets dark at nightand the only things that illuminate the area are the frightening flashes of lightening. Reshiram, on the other hand could possibly be of thefire type, because, well, fire... sun... yeah...

I'm really surprised that this hasn't been brought up yet because I thought it was blaringly obvious. The funny thing is that people have been beating around the bush with little noticable facts about Zekrom. "It looks like its made of stone." "I bet its a statue that comes to life." "Maybe its a pokemon of the night?" "Underworld poke anyone?"

Guys, Zekrom is a Gargoyle!

Well actually, its a Gargouille with some Gargoyle properties.

These are gargoyles:
gargoyles.jpg

Just regular old, kinda scary looking, statues.

This is a gargouille:
Gargoyle.jpg

Look familiar?

Yes, a gargouille/gargoyle. Gargoyles are supposedly statues that come alive at night. The gargouille, which is basically a gargoyle before it was turned into a statue, is classified as a dragon.

Here's an excerpt from wikipedia.
"The gargouille (known by name as Garguiem), not to be confused with gargoyle, was allegedly a serpentlike water-spouting dragon that appeared in the Seine River in France. It was said to terrorize boats and flood the land. In legend, Saint Romain, the archbishop of Rouen, lured the monster to shore using a convict, and then made a cross with his fingers to tame the monster. He then led it into town where it was slaughtered. Some accounts say it was burned. The accounts of burning say that neither the monster's head or neck would burn, so they were mounted on the town's cathedral to display God's power.

The creature was then said to have been carved onto buildings to be used as water drainage, therefore creating the modern gargoyle. It is similarly accounted that they have no relation other than their water-spouting abilities, leading to the words' similarities."

So night, rocky appearence, and dragon typing seem to be solved, but what about that crazy tail? And what on earth is reshiram then?

Those answers seem to be connected to one of two counterparts of the gargouille. The Peluda. Well, with wings.
[I advise against google searching the beast under "Peluda." You will come across many exremely desturbing images. Instead,if you are so curious about it, opt for searching under the keyword "La Velue," the creatures other name, or "The Peluda" instead of just "peluda."]

The Peluda:
0289_P1040992b2b.JPG

Also:
peluda.jpg

Look familiar? Yes, I am almost sertain that our Reshiram is also The Peluda. Also known as The Shaggy Beast, the Peluda is is a dragon known for its furry physique as well as its sharp quills. Notice how Reshirams "knee" fur is much much larger and pointier then its other fur. Also, my Peluda theory explains Gamefreak's attention to detail on this guys fur. Neck fur, knee fur, face fur, chest fur, but most noticably the urm... underbelly fur...

Its described as having "poisonous stingers that it could also shoot off its body, a snake's scaly neck, head, and tail, large, tortoise-like feet, and a shaggy appearence, from which its name is derived."
Just take the earlier red image of a Peluda, paint it white, and throw some wings on its forlimbs, and it resembles Reshiram an awful lot, doesn't it?

But that tail. Both of their tails. What do they mean?
That I don't know, although I have a pretty good idea of what may have influenced them to accent the tails of the mascots this time around. It all lies in the story of the Peluda.
"The lore proposed that the beast was denied access to Noah's Ark, yet survived the biblical flood by seeking refuge in a cave near the Huisne River. After many years, it returned to rampage across the countryside, wilting crops with its breath and devouring both livestock and humans. It was finally defeated after it killed a man's fiancée. He tracked it down and cut off its tail. This was the only vulnerable point on the beast, and it died immediately.

The Peluda was said to be capable of the following feats, which vary between tales:

Searing breath that could wither crops.
Firing off its quills like arrows.
Invulnerability except for its tail.
Creating floods by stepping into rivers.
A single strike from its tail was lethal to a full grown man.
Breathing out fire as a typical dragon.
Spitting out a powerful stream of water or acid."

Take note of the bold points. There is a lot of emphasis on the things tail. Not only the most vulnerable, but also the most leathal part of the beast's body. I bet my keister that it is the reason the decide to feature tails of the mascots.

Well, those are all my theories. Enjoy.

But one more thing: THERE WILL NOT BE LIGHT TYPES!!!
Good bye.

Holy ****, I think you got it.. though ruler of the underworld is a load of crap;444;;444;

I never once said anything about a ruler of the underworld.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
It's also worth noting that the Pokémon Sunday episode that would reveal the details in CoroCoro in a couple of weeks will have been already filmed which adds to the probability of it being accurate. If I recall correctly, they're filmed three weeks in advance so

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
Guys! Guys! What if... the two legends are actually the same Pokemon, but their appearence is dependent on what game they're in? It make sense and it fits the whole "differences between the games" thing.

Plus the whole Dragon-Electric thing would be cool, I don't think they would waste the typing on a legendary. I don't see how it would fit with the current path the legendaries are on. I still want to see how they top Arceus.

pkmn trainer chris

It's also worth noting that the Pokémon Sunday episode that would reveal the details in CoroCoro in a couple of weeks will have been already filmed which adds to the probability of it being accurate. If I recall correctly, they're filmed three weeks in advance so

now all we need is a spy <.<
I kinda hate it that pokemon doesn'thave public beta's or demo's
beta = you can choose from 3 preset teams and can battle on or offlive.
demo= level cap and story cap (like highest level 20 and you can advance until the road block (like those battling trainers in HG/SS G/S/C) after that you cant go further.)

pkmn trainer chris

edit ; double post sry but it didn't direct me back to the forum......
loading forums = annoying.

Last edited:

conejoz

Miscelaneous Trainer
now if all u people just think that zekrom its dark or electric cuase rumors,how it looks etc it can be anything be patient dont just think its that like that

BM14murph

Master Collector
With Serebii reminding us all of the fact about Pokemon Sunday being filmed in advance i'm now on the Dragon Electric type as well

This would fit in with the recurring sky references we have with these games so far as Electricicty would work with Thunder and Lightning and what not

I'd say Reshiram's second typing could simply be flying with it's whole white and feathered look and wings and what not it would also contribute to Wind in the skies so

Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper So night, rocky appearence, and dragon typing seem to be solved, but what about that crazy tail? And what on earth is reshiram then?

Those answers seem to be connected to one of two counterparts of the gargouille. The Peluda.

Just wondering -What if the second counterpart is in the cover of the third game?
That would be cool

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
There is no "bad" or "good" as far as Pokémon are concerned. How does this keep coming up.

Because people are idiots.

And pokemon are neither good nor bad, so lets drop that idea right here and now.

And enough with the *shudder* light type talk. It's not going to happen, so it doesn't belong here.

We can only hope...

conejoz

Miscelaneous Trainer
all pokemon are the neither good or bad some like zekrom some like reshiram(me :D)
if all like zekrom then itll be wierd cuase everyone weil be like hey u copied me!

BM14murph

Master Collector
Personally i think they're both pretty damn cool it's harder to choose between these two and our previous mascots

I'm leaning slighlty more towards Zekrom because i love Black and Red and it's eyes are red but the fact that Reshiram is Black's mascot is slowly tugging me back to it's side as well....meesa just don't know

conejoz

Miscelaneous Trainer
first of all everything can happen in pokemon like wat the creator said pokemon will last forever! so light type may happen IN THE NEXT HUNDRED YEARS or so :O

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
i just thought about it, if reshiram becomes dragon/fire, the 2 will have the typing of the 2 legendaries of a regio i once thought about, the rest remains to be seen but i was suprised. reshiram could be a cool fire type, white flames :d

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
they are shooting the episodes 3 week ahead. so... thats why she put it into her Blog and removed it immediately. because we may not know it yet.

we must wait maybe 2.5 a 3 weeks from now :S I hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.