• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
dragon ice seems to fit reshiram, and its neutral to fire so dragon ice will only have 1 weakness. it will be a great poke

dragon ice seems to fit reshiram, and its neutral to fire so dragon ice will only have 1 weakness. it will be a great poke

Electric and Dragon was probably one of the last combinations we would have thought of for Zekrom, so I imagine Reshiram will have a unique and surprising combination as well.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
steel is neutralized by dragon

Dragon does not resist Steel. An Ice/Dragon would be weak to Rock, Fighting, Steel and Dragon.

But personally, I think Reshiram will end up being Dragon/Fire.

Orcakit

Fire/Dark Prodigy
I like the fact that if Reshiram is Dragon/Ice that it will lose its weakness to Ice type moves...I hate those when I move away from my normal Fire/Dark training and I do Dragon training...;-;

The Other

Lord of Time
That's a great idea! Another new Typing combination, and one that fits the look of Reshiram.

I would love that, it would be a really great idea.

Indeed. I thought the very same thing. Ice-Dragon seems about right. It's about time we had some more elemental dragon types like fire, ice and electric.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I'm on the Fire bandwagon for this one

My main reason are the Dragons' tails Zekrom's looks like a power generator hence Electric and Reshiram's looks like a flaming torch a la part Fire Type :D

Icay4321

I could definitely see fire, especially if it's fire is a torch, like some people think it is

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Wait wait. Since when Zekrom became an electric type Pokemon? I just read the main page and it is not officially confirmed. It is still in the rumour category.

Nice to see other people think that Reshiram have chances of being ice. If we assume though that Zekrom is truly partially an electric type, then Reshiram could have been something different from ice (which, thinking about it, would be somehow too obvious, just judging by its colours).

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
If Zekrom is Dragon/Electric, then I hope Reshiram isn't Dragon/Flying, because that would make it weak against Zekrom. Reshiram should have an original type combination to go along with Zekrom, after all, since Zekrom is completely black I know I thought it was going to be a dark type. I'm rooting for three elemental dragons too; the third mascot will probably be a dragon, after all. Electric for Zekrom, Ice for Reshiram (it looks arctic) and Fire for the third dragon.

League

Master Abra Catcher
Dragon/Fire w/ Levitate. Zekrom may have Levitate too, assuming those wings can lift squat.

Crypsis

Dragon type moves are resisted to Steel.

Dragon Type - Bulbapedia

Scroll down to the Battle Propherties section and read.

Not sure what you're trying to say. A Dragon-type attack will do 1/2 damage to a Steel-type Pokémon. A Steel-type attack will do normal damage to a Dragon-type Pokémon.

Jigglychu and Chimchar15 had it right.

Last edited:

League

Master Abra Catcher
If Zekrom is Dragon/Electric, then I hope Reshiram isn't Dragon/Flying, because that would make it weak against Zekrom. Reshiram should have an original type combination to go along with Zekrom, after all, since Zekrom is completely black I know I thought it was going to be a dark type. I'm rooting for three elemental dragons too; the third mascot will probably be a dragon, after all. Electric for Zekrom, Ice for Reshiram (it looks arctic) and Fire for the third dragon.
Uh, Dragon attacks are 2x effective against Dragon types; Electric attacks do .5x damage against Dragons. .5 times 2 is just 1.

So, if either of them have a type that is not Steel, neither will really have an advantage over the other, unless one is second type Ground, Grass, or Flying, in which case that one becomes 4x weak to Ice.

Anyway, Dragon/Fire it seems to me, alongside Levitate.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos

That is an awesome idea. It's about time we re-introduce the elemental trios again now that the Regis and the lake fairies broke the pattern. :p

WarriorX

Yes, I would definitely like to combine dragon with electric, ice, and fire. So, most likely: Zekrom is Electric/Dragon, Reshiram is Ice/Dragon, and third poké is Fire/Dragon.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Well, with Zekrom being part Electric (maybe), aren't we getting a further hint towards it being related to technology? If that was the case, then wouldn't it make sense for Reshiram to have a type that corrolateles with nature?

Iota

Status
Not open for further replies.