• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

League

Master Abra Catcher
Well, with Zekrom being part Electric (maybe), aren't we getting a further hint towards it being related to technology? If that was the case, then wouldn't it make sense for Reshiram to have a type that corrolateles with nature?

Iota
Maybe BW is all about technology--Fire is primal technology. Sort of. I guess.

Chardan

Since alot of people here seem to be talking anout the advantages and disadvantages of each type combonation, I emplore you to atleast make use of this type calculator, I didn't realise quite how many resistances a Fire/Grass would have.
http://jetlogs.org/sandbox/pokemon_type_calc.html

Since alot of people here seem to be talking anout the advantages and disadvantages of each type combonation, I emplore you to atleast make use of this type calculator, I didn't realise quite how many resistances a Fire/Grass would have.
http://jetlogs.org/sandbox/pokemon_type_calc.html

They suck defensively. What matters is that they are great offensively ~__~

ASP

What if they were to control the afterlife?

I don't know... just a brain fart. I mean what else tops God?

You have Reshiram controlling 'heaven' and all the good things that die, and you have Zekrom controlling 'hell' and all the bad things that die.

BCVM22

You have Reshiram controlling 'heaven' and all the good things that die, and you have Zekrom controlling 'hell' and all the bad things that die.

In this franchise? Probably not.

What is it that says they have to "top" Arceus?

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
No I think Arceus will be on the 3rd game of Black and white. Maybe in a new form also :D Arceus is already confirmed as god so these coud be his first 2 creations Reshiram and Zekrom

BCVM22

No I think Arceus will be on the 3rd game of Black and white. Maybe in a new form also

I can tell you right now, flat out, it will not be, for any number of reasons. Rail against me with the usual "you don't make Pokémon" and "you can't be sure!" if you must, but it's fact on the most basic of levels.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I can tell you right now, flat out, it will not be, for any number of reasons. Rail against me with the usual "you don't make Pokémon" and "you can't be sure!" if you must, but it's fact on the most basic of levels.

Haha we shall find out I guess. But may I ask why you dont think God will be on the 3rd version? What about the ??? typed Arceus? could be possible No?

ASP

In this franchise? Probably not.

What is it that says they have to "top" Arceus?

I'm not saying they have to top Arceus, but that just seems the basic standard for the legendaries, and it is usually brought up by other users. So yea, it's not a must, but aside from it being the way the legends are going, it's one of the ideas which hasn't even considered in the pokemon universe.

And I considered the 'religious' idea since there has always been scientific and religious themes in Pokemon, so the afterlife pokemon might not seem all that farfetched.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Haha we shall find out I guess. But may I ask why you dont think God will be on the 3rd version? What about the ??? typed Arceus? could be possible No?

No, it's not even remotely possible. I don't even know why everyone is assuming that Arceus is the Jeudo-God.

halloweenghost

Arceus could get a new forme someday but it will still not be the third legendary for fifth gen that honor will go to a new pokemon bank on that.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
But he IS God, He created everything and was born from a beam of light that formed an egg that contained the "Original one" and Giratina is the Devil. Just speculation but it could be true.

No, he is not "God." He is a god, but not "God." He's not the Jeudo-Christian God you're playing it out to be. Giratina is not the counterpart of Arceus, but rather Dialga and Palkia.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
No, he is not "God." He is a god, but not "God." He's not the Jeudo-Christian God you're playing it out to be. Giratina is not the counterpart of Arceus, but rather Dialga and Palkia.

But that can not be because Arceus created every single thing. Regigigas put the continents together with the help of Heatran no? Besides all his BS are 120. He is God of pokemon. If there is more than one then that will be just you know stupid

BCVM22

But may I ask why you dont think God will be on the 3rd version?

First things first, Arceus is not "God", not in the Judeo-Christian sense. Not that you're the first to make this mistake nor will you be the last, but just the same. Pokémon draws most of its cues from eastern religions, particularly Shintoism. The Shinto concept of deities differs greatly from the Judeo-Christian concept of "God", a single, all-powerful, all-knowing entity. Shinto deities - "kami" - are divine to varying degrees and revered as such, but the concept and the reverence of these kami are very different from worship in the Western sense. Because the comparative religion class is two floors up and three doors over, you can read more here.

Second, because it won't be. That simple. Arceus is an event Pokémon and not only will they not include an event Pokémon in a core title without some stipulation, like an event or forcing you to transfer it over from a side title like Ranger, but they certainly would not stick such a critter on the box art. It just doesn't work that way. The caretakers of the franchise go to great lengths to manufacture artificial scarcity for certain Pokémon and there is nothing to be gained by chucking that scarcity out the window for no reason.

Hopefully this can lay this issue to rest.

But he IS God, He created everything and was born from a beam of light that formed an egg that contained the "Original one" and Giratina is the Devil. Just speculation but it could be true.

No, as we've just established, Arceus is not "God", nor is Giratina "the devil".

What about the ??? typed Arceus? could be possible No?

No. For all intents and purposes, the ???-type Arceus does not exist. It's in the code only as an utmost necessity and will never, ever arise in any sort of legitimate situation, gameplay or otherwise.

I'm not saying they have to top Arceus, but that just seems the basic standard for the legendaries, and it is usually brought up by other users.

That last bit says it all. Much like the concept of Arceus being God in the western sense, the "need" to top Arceus exists only in the mind of fans.

And I considered the 'religious' idea since there has always been scientific and religious themes in Pokemon, so the afterlife pokemon might not seem all that farfetched.

No, it's as farfetched as can be. Pokémon is as much an international franchise as can be in the modern day and as such, Game Freak knows full well to stay far, far away from religious matters or anything of the sort, to avoid any kerfuffle during international releases, and if they don't know that on their own, I'm sure Nintendo of Japan makes very sure they are made aware.

The only time they've ever come close (Arceus), Western fans misinterpreted the concept severely, making it out to be something it very much was not; see above for that explanation.

ceustace3

No I think Arceus will be on the 3rd game of Black and white. Maybe in a new form also :D Arceus is already confirmed as god so these coud be his first 2 creations Reshiram and Zekrom

that would be cool, but unlikely. It should have a side story in gen 5, as an event though. i dont know about the form part. it already has the plates. maybe they can make a counterpart of arceus.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
How do we know the ??? type will never ever appear again? You could be wrong you know. Lots of people try'd hacking it and some got it but it froze the game. But you never know

BCVM22

How do we know the ??? type will never ever appear again?

As I just finished explaining to you, I fear in vain, the ??? Arceus exists only out of programming necessity and will never play any role in legitimate gameplay.

You could be wrong you know.

In this particular non-matter, probably not.

Lots of people try'd hacking it and some got it but it froze the game. But you never know

And there you go. It exists only in the deepest recesses of the programming and again, only out of the utmost necessity. It is not meant to be accessed and in fact cannot, in any way, be accessed by any legitimate means.

In the realm of a video game, where everything - everything - is a precisely-calculated and programmed element down to the most basic 1's and 0's, "you never know" is not an argument, proof, evidence or anything that has any place in a discussion about what is to come in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.