• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
But isn't Drowzee a Baku?

Yes. I guess we just got two... I mean, Munna is a Dream-eater pokémon and it has that tapir nose, so...

EDIT: Unless it is Drowzee pre-evo, but I seriously doubt so.

Last edited:

ludowiq

EliBlasFrozDyro
Hmm, has anyone else noticed that "zebra" is just 0.8m tall?

Seems kind of small.

Bardische

Elegance.

Seems kind of small.

It puts it on par with the likes of porygon and prinplup, so I'm not saying it's too small. :D

Tag3r

i wantz beef!
It's the last bullet point, just above new pokémons' pictures

well ya it does say something but it says its unknown what it does

Icay4321

the heights seem kind of off but as far as their designs are concerned I really like them

natie

Mr. F
Shimama doesn't look like a Electric Pokémon at all... But neither does Zekrom so I guess it makes sense, in a way...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Since Ground/Dark is the first confirmed new type combo we have, I thought I'd calculate its matchups, for anyone who's interested:

Weakness: Ice, Water, Grass, Fighting, Bug
Resistances: Poison, Rock, Ghost, Dark
Immune to: Electric, Psychic

So it's another Pokemon with two types stacked on top of each other (i.e. nothing cancels each other out)

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

Seems kind of small.

Yes, It might have an evolution. However 0.8 isn't so small, there are many pokemon with one evolution that are with the same hight.

I think the crocodile has a strange ability. Earthquake seems pretty interesring, but it's not a normal eartquake, its spiral. Probably something very special.

Tag3r

i wantz beef!

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Well, Donphan is only a bit bigger than a kid, so...

About evos, I am thinking that:
- Hihidaruma and Shimama don't evolve.
- Meguroko, Gear and Mamebato will evolve once.
- Chillami... not sure. It could not evolve, but I am going for evolving once.
- Munna... not sure as well. 1 or 2 evolutions to go, I will go for 1 again.

Bardische

Elegance.
Since Ground/Dark is the first confirmed new type combo we have, I thought I'd calculate its matchups, for anyone who's interested:

Weakness: Ice, Water, Grass, Fighting, Bug
Resistances: Poison, Rock, Ghost, Dark
Immune to: Electric, Psychic

Oh mai, double immunities. Effin' awesome :D

But too many weaknesses, it's sadness.

SmartD

The new Pokemon revealed today are great. I like Chiramii and Mamepato because they look so cute and cuddley. I can't wait to see more Pokemon revealed.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
*_* O. M. G. I'm in love. All I can see is Munna latching onto a sleeping person's head like a giant tick... Attempting to flee when they wake up... Being caught, held over the ground with it's little floral-print legs pumping for all it's worth...

Wait!

A tick? A zebra? A gorilla? A crocodile? If Pokabu becomes a warthog, and I get my hands on a Hippowdon...

Safari Team for the win!!

By the way, Meguroko is ground for the same reason Hippowdon is,

Pokemon of the Great Nile Desert!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Yes, It might have an evolution. However 0.8 isn't so small, there are many pokemon with one evolution that are with the same hight.

I think the crocodile has a strange ability. Earthquake seems pretty interesring, but it's not a normal eartquake, its spiral. Probably something very special.

When I hear "Spiral Earthquake" I thought quicksand. Especially since it's desert crocodile.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
I like most of the new pokemon.

Munna: I don't like pink, dream-eating pokemon; they scare me and give me nightmares.

Hihidaruma: Woah, trim those eyebrows!

Crocodile pokemon has some big eyes.
Zebra pokemon looks pretty cool.
LOVE the gear pokemon; can't wait to see how it evolves.
Bird and Chiramii are also cool; typical pokemon, they look like pokemon.

Does it say what hihidaruma's ability does?

Maybe it is somewhat similar to Blaze. Power up when HP goes down but i don't think that it will be the same.
Maybe it is fire equivalent of Motor Drive. Speed up when hit by fire type moves. Like it gets encouragement to fight faster from fire that hit it.

Or it might have something to do with it falling. as Daruma doll doesn't fall.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I never got around to posting my personal opinions:

Munna looks... interesting. Seems promising. Perhaps it's realted to Drowzee?

I really like Hihidaruma. :D

Meguroko looks like a plain ol' crocodile. :/

Mamepato: Just another generic bird Pokemon... It remind me of Starly somehow. It's pose reminds me of Honchkrow.

Gear: Undecided. I've never been a fan of these mechanical Pokemon, or those that are multiple Pokemon stuck together (like Magneton)

Chiramii: It's face looks really familiar. Pichu's facial expression maybe? Also, I bet the romanization will be Chilmy or something. Remember, R=L in Japanese. And it's a chinchilla. Therefore, "Chira" will become "Chil" probably.

Shimama: An electric zebra, huh. I wonder if it's recoil attack is physical or special.

Female prof. is pretty cool.

I'm very curious as to how this new Cog-C online thing works.

Status
Not open for further replies.