• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
...Umm...Corocoro confirmed its typing along with the release of the Pokemon... ._.
Right?

Yep, then re-confirmed on the websites when they were updated :p

Silver_Seoul

I thought so >.<

I just can't wait to see what ability/[possible]evolution method it gets.

((I say possible because IIRC, it didn't directly state the new method was for the Z's [it said something like, "could we see a new evolution method?!" right?], so I'm just waiting to see who gets this "new method of evolution?!"...]]

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Transform is actual physical construction. Some might even say DNA reconsitution.

This is an excellent point. Zoroark to me certainly doesn't look like a Pokemon that can rearrange itself.

EDIT: Hey guys I see on Bulbapedia that maybe the new game (for the 5th generation) will be released on a new game boy: Nintendo DS2.

Even if the rumour is true and devkits have been shipped out there's no way that these games would keep their release date of this year.

Maybe saying "DS" is an attempt to throw us off the trail! Sneaky!

Ummm... no.

You guys do realize as devkits, and devkits alone, it would be sorta, I dunno, impossible for the games to be out this year, right?

I realized that, The Pokemon Company'll probably develop a game like Dash. A game to intro the new hardware of the device.

Midnite♪

Distant Stargazer
I dunno why, but feel like Z'Ark might have the moves Hypnosis (or perhaps even Dark Void instead) and Nightmare. Dark Void fits the illusion theme more that Hypnosis, but...

Another thing that I'm wondering about Z'Ark is its stance with SSB4. I'm wondering if it's going to end up being the next Mewtwo replacement.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Need I remind you that The Pokémon Company doesn't develop games. They're the marketers and everything else. The development studio GameFreak does the developing

Well I meant that one of the Pokemon development studios, probably not Gamefreak since whatever game is developed will probably be a spin-off. But this is neither here nor there.

Another thing that I'm wondering about Z'Ark is its stance with SSB4. I'm wondering if it's going to end up being the next Mewtwo replacement.

It's a possibility I suppose. But SSB4, if it's ever made, is a long way away from now.

bugman03

Is it just me or have they made a new movie tie-in pokemon by mashing two old ones together? namely Lucario & Darkrai.
Lil-Z gives off a strong Eevee vibe too.

Light-The-Archangel

Best of All Time
No Notch Ear Pichu won't be counted as a 5th Gen poke.

I just encountered something really strange..

I was playing platinum and decided to go to my resort house and
Professor Rowan was standing out side, when we went inside he said
this:

"Hm, You seem well. Incidentally, did you know there are some Pokémon
that require the us of specific items to evolve? Magmar and Electabuzz
are examples of such Pokémon. I never imagined that there would be new
patterns of evolution.
The variations of evolution... How many could
there be?"

This is strange cause it seems like he is calling the item + trade
evolution new cause they are using different items (or maybe I'm reading
this wrong..). So this might be the "new" type of evolution, or maybe
it'll be like Weavile and Gliscor. Or Leafeon and Glaceon. Just thought
I'd share that idea.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
would notched ear pichu be considered a confirmed gen5 poke? its not brand new, and is a old pokemon, but its characteristic may affect gen5 pokes?

No it's not. It's for HG/SS. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even bother including it's sprite in the Gen Five games.

No Notch Ear Pichu won't be counted as a 5th Gen poke.

I just encountered something really strange..

I was playing platinum and decided to go to my resort house and
Professor Rowan was standing out side, when we went inside he said
this:

"Hm, You seem well. Incidentally, did you know there are some Pokémon
that require the us of specific items to evolve? Magmar and Electabuzz
are examples of such Pokémon. I never imagined that there would be new
patterns of evolution.
The variations of evolution... How many could
there be?"

I'd share that idea.

He's just reciting something a usual Professor might wonder. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tytus

Iron Islander
I haven't read all of the other posts, so forgive me if I'm not bringing anything new here:

I think Zoroark will definitely be a direct comparison with Lucario, so as such:

Zorua --> Zoroark Will be max happiness at Night, instead of day

Thing is, Corocoro seemed to go out of the way to say that Zorua could have a new evolution method. I don't think they'd drop that big of a hint and end up not being right.

It took me a second to realize but that method of evolution is already utilized by Eevee->Umbreon, so if it is getting a new evolution method it can't be that.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Thing is, Corocoro seemed to go out of the way to say that Zorua could have a new evolution method. I don't think they'd drop that big of a hint and end up not being right.

It took me a second to realize but that method of evolution is already utilized by Eevee->Umbreon, so if it is getting a new evolution method it can't be that.

They didn't drop any hints they just guessed. And they can be wrong.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
I got it, it has to be at max happiness holding an item while being traded at night!

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I got it, it has to be at max happiness holding an item while being traded at night!

You got it, quick, alert Coro Coro. A fan figured it out.

FireKero!

SWABLR
I'd share that idea.

Pretty much every game introduces some different form of evolution/change in pokemon. Whether it's a hold item or evolution stone or time of day or enviroment. I wouldn't be surprised if the enviroment aspect/certain specific area comes more into affect with future releases. I.E can only evolve in Dragon's Den, and so on.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

That's a little too complicated, don't you think? Maybe it'll involve both games so that people buy both versions. But that's just a wild guess. Whatever method the game developers came up with, I'm sure it won't disappoint, though to be honest, I'm not evolving my Zorua when I get one, it's too cute.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
I'm joking to the fact that some may believe that it evolution will be contrived and complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.