• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skirgedot

So, the deal with next month's CoroCoro is new Pokémon being revealed or new information about Zorua/Zoroark (like their special ability)? Or maybe both?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
So, the deal with next month's CoroCoro is new Pokémon being revealed or new information about Zorua/Zoroark (like their special ability)? Or maybe both?
Probably both :)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I wonder what will be Zorua & Zoroark's abilities. hope for a new ability.
And a new pokemon will be revealed, great. But Serebii, the new pokemon will be revealed because it will appear in the anime/movie, right?

Zoroark kinda reminds me of a yugioh monster..

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I wonder what will be Zorua & Zoroark's abilities. hope for a new ability.
And a new pokemon will be revealed, great. But Serebii, the new pokemon will be revealed because it will appear in the anime/movie, right?
Not necessarily

rook09

Of science.
I think zoroark will have moves like shadow claw and crush claw. Only going by the look of its claws and the fact that it is dark type.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Probably both :)
And hopefully something on the game, cause good lord they can't hide it till may, or could they? Anyway....
No Notch Ear Pichu won't be counted as a 5th Gen poke.
And your basis is? I for one think it shall turn into one, at least in a later date when it will become a Pokemon obtainable with normal ways, and evolutions. The notch ear gives it a different species, just evolving it is not possible at this current date.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
thats what i was thinking. i mean the notched ear traveled through time with celebi, according to the hg/ss thing. to me it makes it sound as if in the future it will be obtainable in different ways. im not saying it will evolve into something new. but i am hoping that its gonna be the first of a wider variety of looks for the same poke. or....a new evo for the pichu line.

R_N

And hopefully something on the game, cause good lord they can't hide it till may, or could they? Anyway....

They went years without really showing anything of DP.

Never doubt the power of hiding something.
Some sugimori art, maybe a few movie pictures, lots of text. Easy peasy.
Also they would have hyped that up more if they were going to show off in-game stuff.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Careful now, Serebii, this is a thread about Zorua and Zoroark. You probably shouldn't talk too much about Pichu when it doesn't below here.

Zoroark's ability will definitely be his defacto unique trait. We know it'll have something to do with Illusions, but translating that into the Pokemon game context makes you think. How far are they willing to go with 'illusion'? Is it something that only accuracy has a part in? Maybe the reverse - evasion? No doubt that like Lucario's Aura attacks being a representation of its Aura (in general), Zoroark's ability will be the representation, potentially followed by an attack or two.

Will Zorua have the same stuff? Honestly, who cares about that little puff ball.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Was there confirmed that spiky ear belongs to 5gen and we should be waiting for more attributes like that?

No, but it's an attribute that has never been seen before, so we're assuming that it's a 5th gen attribute.

Unless Joe is hiding information. Again.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if this guy will have some 150 power Shadow Clone jutsu Dark type attack? It would go well with its illusions motif.

Pathfinder

No Angel
Careful now, Serebii, this is a thread about Zorua and Zoroark. You probably shouldn't talk too much about Pichu when it doesn't below here.

Zoroark's ability will definitely be his defacto unique trait. We know it'll have something to do with Illusions, but translating that into the Pokemon game context makes you think. How far are they willing to go with 'illusion'? Is it something that only accuracy has a part in? Maybe the reverse - evasion? No doubt that like Lucario's Aura attacks being a representation of its Aura (in general), Zoroark's ability will be the representation, potentially followed by an attack or two.

Will Zorua have the same stuff? Honestly, who cares about that little puff ball.
Careful now V faction someone might take that as minimodding ;), Also Someone else brought up the spiky eared pichu thing first , Joe was just putting the topic to rest ;/.

Wonder if this guy will have some 150 power Shadow Clone jutsu Dark type attack? It would go well with its illusions motif.

This isn't naruto =// . However I'm sure they'll make up some kind of illusion based attack kinda like they made aura sphere and such. Or at least I'm hoping they will have something like that.

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
§Suicune§ said:
No, but it's an attribute that has never been seen before, so we're assuming that it's a 5th gen attribute.
What Serebii means by 'attribute' is that Pichu has been created in such a way that, similar to how the 5th Generation Pokemon will be, it can only exist inside of its designated era. For Spiky-Eared Pichu, this is the Heart Gold/Soul Silver era. It doesn't work in Platinum or D/P because (as I'm sure you are aware) the data does not exist. Like others have said, it's comparable to a Pokemon Forme.

This doesn't mean it has a unique ability. It does have unique attacks and a unique set of Pokeathlon stats (again, all info you can find out on serebii's site I'm sure), but Pokeathlon is currently exclusive to HGSS and attacks aren't a that big of a deal in terms of how they relate cross-game. So it's a Pokemon that thrives in the limbo between Gen 4 and Gen 5, despite being a Pokemon created some 10 odd years ago.

What does this mean for Spiky-Eared Pichu and Gen 5? Well, most likely we'll be able to send her over to the new games using whatever method they devise to make trading with the previous generations possible. And in that case, we're getting into all kinds of delicious speculation which isn't on the menu right this moment.

Careful now V faction someone might take that as minimodding ;), Also Someone else brought up the spiky eared pichu thing first , Joe was just putting the topic to rest ;/.
Just a friendly suggestion. He was replying to the discussion at hand with facts and real information based past resources, right? Can't be faulted for that. People DO have a knack at being wrong with how they dictate their modding though, so I probably shouldn't go around advertising as such.

Thanks Gokky!

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH

Shadow clone jutsu attack? You mean like, oh I dunno... Double Team?

I, for one, would welcome some slight physical variation among Pokémon. Something besides gender differences, of course.

R_N

If they do. It's possible they'll cut off trading again like they did in R/S/E.

RSE was cut off from the first two gens because of massive changes to the data structure.
I doubt they'll change up things to the point where they have to rerelease everything ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.