• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanNKeller

I find all the new pokemon delightfully refreshing. It's good to see a return to form especially now that stripes seems to have taken over spikes and extra body parts on pokemon these days lol but I can't tell for sure yet because only 14 have been revealed. That leaves..... a lot more to go ^_^

PKMN Trainer Manson

No no no no no, no way in hell. That is equally likely as MegaCroc being a pre-evo to Lickitung. That would be an abomination.

Except it's not. While both are unfounded and silly conjecture, at least Munna being a Drowzee prevo is somewhat relevant because they have the same type, share an ability, and are based on the same specific spirit in Japanese folklore. But since Corocoro didn't say "hey this is a Drowzee prevo" then it probably isn't, since it's not like they have any reason to hide that.

CourtshipDating

alice in the glass
...orrrrrr it could just be that a statement like--

--is horribly exaggerated hyperbole with what I'm going to bet isn't a whole lot of solid basis and everything else that usually comes with such brilliant statements.

I'm going to go with that, personally.

No point in labeling the original poster nevertheless.

I'm not going to go any further with this, atleast not with you. Because you see, feeding your ego in the process, I've found myself with some respect for you and with what you've written, particulary regarding the annoying Arceus war. Most people on forums are kids that abuse the smileys, or over-positive do gooders, but you seem to say what you think, and that's a quality that, as I said, can respect.

@PKMN Trainer Manson
Thank you.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
I don't like the floating pig, the ape or Gear. However the others I love! I expect Gear will grow on me.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
I quite like these new Pokemon.

Chiramii is a return to form - like many Gen I Pokemon, it is simple, but creative. You could stick this in the Kanto Dex and I feel it wouldn't stick out.

Munna - Not the best design, but not the worst. Have you ever seen Bidoof?

Gear - Really, they're just Magnemite/Bronzor wannabes, but they look pretty cool, so I'll love them.

Mamepato - looks nothing like Starly. I actually couldn't immediately compare it to any existing bird Pokemon.

Hihidaruma - probably my fave Pokemon. It just looks... psychotic. But it's an eye-catching and unique design.

Shimama - There's a dA artist who made electric zebra Pokemon long ago... and this Pokemon looks exactly like them. So, it hasn't struck me as original, since every fan artist has made a zebra of some sort.

Meguroko - It's body shape is a little too... oval, but its still an overall good design and I'll probably have one on my team.

Overall, if the Pokemon continue to look the way they have, I'll probably get these games.

natie

Mr. F
Will you whiners all just shut up about the Pokémon now? They look as odd as ever, you just don't want to admit you can't grow out of your 'ZOMFG KANTO IS TEH BESTEST REGION EVAR' period.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
Gosh, I've only mentioned once about the 5th Gen so far any of my posts, despite my excitement; but I can't hold it any longer! 8D
I love ALL the new ones. Yes, you heard it: ALL OF THEM. Especially Meguroko <3 And YESSS A ZEBRA FINALLY :D

Surprised about Mamepato being a [Baby] Pigeon Pokemon, but Pidgeot's line is based off ospreys and sparrows so yesh. REAL PIGEONS.

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
Chimchar line is monkeys. We don't have any real fire apes.

Err... their English names don't seem to agree.

Chimchar = Chimpanzee + Char
Monferno = Monkey + Inferno
Infernape = Inferno + Ape

Mankey = Monkey
Primape = Prime + Ape

This Pokemon isn't an ape though, It's just a "Flaming Pokemon" that is Human-like... in fact, I think it's more of a Gorilla.

CourtshipDating

alice in the glass
Except it's not. While both are unfounded and silly conjecture, at least Munna being a Drowzee prevo is somewhat relevant because they have the same type, share an ability, and are based on the same specific spirit in Japanese folklore. But since Corocoro didn't say "hey this is a Drowzee prevo" then it probably isn't, since it's not like they have any reason to hide that.
Hey, you got my point, what's the fuzz?

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Ya! A new dark type and its a ground type!!!!! I am so happy right now! Though I guess I am a little sad that Zekrom is not a dark type but whatever ^-^

I can not wait, for this game.

Nomytaker

The Deadman
I find all the new pokemon delightfully refreshing. It's good to see a return to form especially now that stripes seems to have taken over spikes and extra body parts on pokemon these days lol but I can't tell for sure yet because only 14 have been revealed. That leaves..... a lot more to go ^_^

^_^ Exactly, this what annoys me about all the haters for this Gen so far. On one of the scans the Chinchilla is shown in the Pokedex at about 70/76/78. So we have quite a few poke to make and since I doubt the Chinchilla will be right before the Legends, we'll have a lot of pokes still yet to see...

Plus anyone who's not loving the Zebra. Zebra rocks...

Josiah

is your favorite
Err... their English names don't seem to agree.

Chimchar = Chimpanzee + Char
Monferno = Monkey + Inferno
Infernape = Inferno + Ape

Mankey = Monkey
Primape = Prime + Ape

This Pokemon isn't an ape though, It's just a "Flaming Pokemon" that is Human-like... in fact, I think it's more of a Gorilla.
Names don't mean anything (think Pidgey, Charizard. They're a finch and a dragon). Chimchar and Monferno are based on baboons or mandrills and Infernape has a tail. Making them not apes.

Mankey and Primeape are pygmy marmosets, which are prosimians. They are called 'pig monkeys' because of the pyg in pygmy. Besides, I said fire apes. Not just apes. And... gorillas are apes, so that would make Hihidaruma an ape if you think that.

Moving on, I'm calling the zebra Zapra.

Last edited:

CourtshipDating

alice in the glass
Names don't mean anything. Chimchar and Monferno are based on baboons or mandrills and Infernape has a tail. Making them not apes.

Mankey and Primeape are pygmy marmosets, which are prosimians. They are called 'pig monkeys' because of the pyg in pygmy. Besides, I said fire apes. Not just apes.

Moving on, I'm calling the zebra Zapra.
Loving it!

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Whoa! Looks like Hihidaruma is getting an Ice-type partner as well!

[img139]http://i45.*******.com/2qurpxt.jpg[/img139]

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
Or, it could based on a Yeti and apes in general.

Yeah, that too.

And Derkins... I know I learned something today XD (And its not "Don't Mess with Derkins" It's the entire Primape Spew).

I also just question the naming logic, If Pokemon are based off of one thing why does the name suggest multiple XD The world will never know...

Dax

Legend
My thoughts:

Mamepato reminds me of Starly but it's a cute little pokemon.

Munna is really ugly.

Chiramii is the cutest rodent I've ever seen.

Shimama is a pokemon I look forward to have in my team.

Meguroko is probably my favorite crocodile.

Hihidaruma looks wild.

No comment on Gear... just nothing.

Overall I'm very pleased. Seems to be a generation that will bring interesting designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.