• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

Kreis

Still Dirrty

ed00001

I have a theory about what he is all about. From the fact that he has this ability, we can assume that he is a psychic type. From his build, there is a possibility that he is also fighting type. His colours are obviously to show that he is a dark type. Therefore, he may possibly be dark/fighting, or dark/psychic. We have Zoroarks type down. But what about Zoroa? I thought about this and figured that he must have a similar type to Zoroark. Since he is obsiously on all fours, there is a low likelyhood that he could be a fighting type. It wouldn't seem natural for Zorua to evolve into a fighting type. From this I can only assume that both Zorua and Zoroark must be dark/psychic. There is also a possibility that Zorua is only dark. As far as I am concerned there type is covered. Now, we will look at his fighting style. Considering his pose, it may seem that he is offensive. Standing upright and ready to attack. This indicates that he will use more high damaging attacks. This is the same with the Zorua sprite. It looks like Zorua is in an offensive stance. Considering the possible types, Zorua will most likely have attacks similar to the list that I am about to type. Considering the fact that Zorua is on all fours it may have these attacks-Agility, Thief, Double Team, Faint attack, and Extreme Speed. Considering it is on all fours, it has a less likelyhood of using it's hands, and will most likely use teeth and claws. Which means it may have these attacks-Bite, Crunch, Crush Claw, False Swipe, Fury Swipe, Growl, Headbutt, Quick Attack, Scratch, Slash, Skull Bash, Tackle, and Tail Whip. With the fact that is is a dark type, let's just throw in attacks like these-Faint Attack, Flatter, Knock Off, Snatch, and Torement. And finally with the attack list, it has the possibility of being a psychic type, which may result in it having attacks like these-Amesia, Barrier, Confusion, Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Imprison, Mist Ball, Reflect, Roleplay, and Trick. There, we've gotten attacks out of the way. Most of these will also apply to Zoroark, but will most likely have a larger variety of attacks which I will not state because I want to keep this post short(lol joke). Considering what we already know up to this point, I think we can figure out Zoroarks ability. What I think his ability may be is 1 of 3. 1-There is a less of a percentage that his opponents will hit him. 2-His opponents attacks will do less damage. 3-His opponents stats are lowered. I am now tired, and it is getting harder and more boring to think about this, so I will stop here. I will continue at a later time.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

BlessingOfTogepi

I have a theory about what he is all about. From the fact that he has this ability, we can assume that he is a psychic type. From his build, there is a possibility that he is also fighting type. His colours are obviously to show that he is a dark type. Therefore, he may possibly be dark/fighting, or dark/psychic. We have Zoroarks type down. But what about Zoroa? I thought about this and figured that he must have a similar type to Zoroark. Since he is obsiously on all fours, there is a low likelyhood that he could be a fighting type. It wouldn't seem natural for Zorua to evolve into a fighting type. From this I can only assume that both Zorua and Zoroark must be dark/psychic. There is also a possibility that Zorua is only dark. As far as I am concerned there type is covered. Now, we will look at his fighting style. Considering his pose, it may seem that he is offensive. Standing upright and ready to attack. This indicates that he will use more high damaging attacks. This is the same with the Zorua sprite. It looks like Zorua is in an offensive stance. Considering the possible types, Zorua will most likely have attacks similar to the list that I am about to type. Considering the fact that Zorua is on all fours it may have these attacks-Agility, Thief, Double Team, Faint attack, and Extreme Speed. Considering it is on all fours, it has a less likelyhood of using it's hands, and will most likely use teeth and claws. Which means it may have these attacks-Bite, Crunch, Crush Claw, False Swipe, Fury Swipe, Growl, Headbutt, Quick Attack, Scratch, Slash, Skull Bash, Tackle, and Tail Whip. With the fact that is is a dark type, let's just throw in attacks like these-Faint Attack, Flatter, Knock Off, Snatch, and Torement. And finally with the attack list, it has the possibility of being a psychic type, which may result in it having attacks like these-Amesia, Barrier, Confusion, Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Imprison, Mist Ball, Reflect, Roleplay, and Trick. There, we've gotten attacks out of the way. Most of these will also apply to Zoroark, but will most likely have a larger variety of attacks which I will not state because I want to keep this post short(lol joke). Considering what we already know up to this point, I think we can figure out Zoroarks ability. What I think his ability may be is 1 of 3. 1-There is a less of a percentage that his opponents will hit him. 2-His opponents attacks will do less damage. 3-His opponents stats are lowered. I am now tired, and it is getting harder and more boring to think about this, so I will stop here. I will continue at a later time.

Wrong. Zorua and Zoroark were both confirmed to be pure Dark types.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!

Thats a nice theory but we already know that Zoroark is also a pure dark type. If it had a secondary type Coro Coro would have it ._.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I didn't know he was a pure dark type. The site that I've been checking hasn't updated about that.

OH no problem ^_^ it happens. BUt yeah Since Serebii posted the scan Yamkino translated them

ed00001

Ya, I havn't been here very often, and didn't know the page was translated yet. The site I go to must not have a person to translate the page

wazza2k9

pokemon master
you guys think the noobs will mistake zoroark for a legendary? (like some of us did when lucario was announced?)

EarthAdept

Yeah, some people are probably gonna mistake him for a legendary but yeah they'll find out eventually. But yeah, Zoroark seems to be a very interesting pokemon.

Skirgedot

you guys think the noobs will mistake zoroark for a legendary? (like some of us did when lucario was announced?)

Some already did. Except the fact that Lucario was mistakingly thought as a legendary because Riolu wasn't revealed until DP arrived. It's understandble that way, but it seems hilarious how some people think this could still be a legendary when you know BY NOW that it has a pre-evolution.

But oh well...

I'm just patiently waiting for the next CoroCoro. It seems that, from now on, every day between the 10 and 15 of each month until the end of the year will be a time of epic excitement.

ed00001

Some might have. If they haven't seen anything about Zoroa, they may think he only has one stage, and mistake him for a legendary.

Hmm, couldn't both Zorua and Zoroark be considered legendaries (such as Phione, at least by pokemon.com)? I mean we don't even know if they can breed with Ditto (yes, I'm suggesting we might either catch/receive Zorua and then have to evolve it, or catch Zoroark and then receive a Zorua by an as-of-now-irrelevant method).

skeletor57

Grave Trainer
i was in no way stating that zoroark and lucario were related directly. i was saying that they might have an opposing distant or sub-relationship like milotic and gyarados or butterfree and beedrill. what's the point in discussing what everyone thinks zoroak is going to be like when snotty serebii snobs immediately reply saying

Why are people still comparing Lucario and Zoroark? Nothing was said about the two being related in any way.

or

Zoroark has been confirmed to one type DARK, ONLY DARK.
he has nothing to do with lucario, aside from being the first movie feauterd pokemon.

if you're just going to say NO (caps always included) and emphasize the fact that they didn't mention a relationship with lucario we might as well stop all discussion that wasn't revealed, that it's dark and the evil fox pokemon that stars in the movie. this is a topic for discussion and sharing ideas on the new pokemon and not to tell everyone off that doesn't repeat whats already been said or that might have a less post count than you.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
i was in no way stating that zoroark and lucario were related directly. i was saying that they might have an opposing distant or sub-relationship like milotic and gyarados or butterfree and beedrill. what's the point in discussing what everyone thinks zoroak is going to be like when snotty serebii snobs immediately reply saying

if you're just going to say NO (caps always included) and emphasize the fact that they didn't mention a relationship with lucario we might as well stop all discussion that wasn't revealed, that it's dark and the evil fox pokemon that stars in the movie. this is a topic for discussion and sharing ideas on the new pokemon and not to tell everyone off that doesn't repeat whats already been said or that might have a less post count than you.

So, tell me. How are our Aura-using jackal and illusionist fox counterparts?

Go ahead. Humor me.

it IS confirmed that he is the protagonist because of the name of the movie.

It's confirmed he's in the movie. It's not confirmed what type of tagonist he is.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
So, tell me. How are our Aura-using jackal and illusionist fox counterparts?

Go ahead. Humor me.

It's confirmed he's in the movie. It's not confirmed what type of tagonist he is.

A protagonist in the dictionary is descriped as someone who is the main/leading character, which we know Zoroark will be due to the movie title.

Status
Not open for further replies.