• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomytaker

The Deadman
No, it just so happens that all of the regions have had rock gyms. I'd say it's more of a tradition than a must have. Who knows? This bug type gym might be the first gym and the rock gym number 2-8.

I don't mind if it isn't the first, I'm just saying it's highly likely it will be a gym in this game.

@Mawile412 Aha, I forgot about fighting gym, keep forgotten the Hitmon's gym in R/B/G/Y. Yeah, it's highly likely that it will be a gym in this game too.

Now, note that I've Italiced the "highly likely"'s . Yeah, I admit I might be wrong, I was pretty sure we'd never she a Female Prof. I secretly wanted one myself, but 5/5 generation beforehand had male profs.

This whole gym thing reminds me of the starters debate, each year. People dream of having new type starters, no G/F/W, then every time everytime the result is G/F/W. Haha.

So in short, I'm 99.99% sure that the gyms for this region are:-
Bug ((semi-Confirmed)Due to screenshots of the honey/hive area playing gym music)
Rock ((Unconfirmed)but it was at least a gym, or was a gym in ALL past games)
Fighting ((Unconfirmed)but it was at least a gym, or was a gym in ALL past games)

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll admit that, but 4/4 games so far is pretty strong evidence that it'll make 5/5.

theverybest

That noone ever was?
I wouldn't really consider the fighting gym in Saffron to be a legitimate gym seeing as we didn't get a badge from it. I wouldn't be shocked at seeing a fighting gym....hell, I'm not gonna be shocked to see any gym type.

Anyway, I'm most excited for mijimaru. But. That's probably because the water starters generally seem to be my favourite (piplup has definitely been my favouite starter to date). I hope his final evolution isn't something terribly lame though. I first saw Empoleon in-game when Prinplup evolved and I was so pumped on that. I reeeeally hope they throw in some new and fun type combos for the starters though. I was annoyed at having a second FIR/FGHT type for a starter. Maybe pokabu will get something like FIR/GRND and maybe mijimaru will get something fun like....I dunno, just a new type combination with water.

Last edited:

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Why are you guys arguing about what animal a Pokemon is based on? It's just pointless. It doesn't affect the game, the anime, the anything. ;P

brownkidd

oldschoolhintingnewschool.jpg

Started playing Fire Red again a few days ago and noticed this. Thought it was pretty crazy, so I figured I'd share.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
oldschoolhintingnewschool.jpg

Started playing Fire Red again a few days ago and noticed this. Thought it was pretty crazy, so I figured I'd share.

This has been discussed for about a week now. We have already established that it was simply a mere coincidence, and nothing more.

ASP

We have ASSUMED it was a coincidence. I still think it was a tossed away idea that was later found, fixed and featured.

BCVM22

We have ASSUMED it was a coincidence.

Who "assumed"? This is a single line of dialogue in a series of games that never hints at the future outside of carefully controlled channels that only arise every 3-5 years and most certainly never hints at the future multiple generations ahead and equally certainly does not hint at ideas that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Does that really seem likely to you? That a line of dialogue from games over a decade old - the dialogue originated in the 1st generation - in such a series is supposed to hint at a Pokémon that didn't exist at the time, regardless of whether you believe they were actually hinting at the future or just at a design that went unused until now? Particularly when there's a perfectly mundane explanation for the original dialogue, that being that the writers felt it would be vaguely humorous to have a female NPC desire a floral-print Pokémon because we know females love things that are pink and floral-patterned

It's a coincidence. Nothing more. It's the very definition of a reach to try and connect the two.

I still think it was a tossed away idea that was later found, fixed and featured.

This is a hell of a lot more of an assumption than the more mundane and realistic side of a coin.

R_N

This is a hell of a lot more of an assumption than the more mundane and realistic side of a coin.

Well, it's not like they haven't used scrapped designs before. Maybe a similar pokemon, not necessarily Mu'una was originally designed for RGBY, they said "nah wouldn't fit" and just tucked away with any other discarded designs. Years later, they look through their portfolio and go "hey maybe we can work this into a pokemon now" and oh hey Mu'una.

...ok so yeah it sounds like more then a stretch when I type it out, yes.

Equally/more likely that someone on their design staff was recently replaying RGBYFRLG and went "hey how about we try to make this an actual pokemon?" thinking on it.

Of course this also all falls under the assumption that the Japanese versions had a similar line of dialog and that the localizers didn't embellish.

I had a concrete point going into this, not sure where that went.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The latest issue of Nintendo Dream has provided new insights into the special Illusion ability that Zoroark & Zorua both have. This ability, as we knew previously, allows for Zorua/Zoroark to be transformed into another Pokémon when sent into battle, as seen with the special event when you capture Zoroark. However, prior to now, the details of the ability were not known. We now know the details of this ability. The ability allows for Zorua & Zoroark to be in the form of the Pokémon in second place in your party at the time of it being sent out. This means that if you have say Jigglypuff in the front of your party, Zorua & Zoroark would appear in battle as a Jigglypuff. As we know from before, it keeps its Dark-type, but its appearance and name will match the Pokémon of which it has an Illusion.

Send Zoroark out first and have say Hitmontop as your second Pokémon. People will try to use Psychic moves on it and fail.

At Level 25, one example of its stats with a neutral nature are;
HP: 67
Att: 59
Def: 36
Sp.Att: 69
Sp.Def: 40
Speed: 59

Bit too low for us to try and calculate though.

Zorua's at Level 10 with a Mild Nature (The Red/Blue bits remain) are;
HP: 30
Att: 18
Def: 19
Sp.Att: 24
Sp. Def: 15
Speed: 15

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The latest issue of Nintendo Dream has provided new insights into the special Illusion ability that Zoroark & Zorua both have. This ability, as we knew previously, allows for Zorua/Zoroark to be transformed into another Pokémon when sent into battle, as seen with the special event when you capture Zoroark. However, prior to now, the details of the ability were not known. We now know the details of this ability. The ability allows for Zorua & Zoroark to be in the form of the Pokémon in second place in your party at the time of it being sent out. This means that if you have say Jigglypuff in the front of your party, Zorua & Zoroark would appear in battle as a Jigglypuff. As we know from before, it keeps its Dark-type, but its appearance and name will match the Pokémon of which it has an Illusion.

Send Zoroark out first and have say Hitmontop as your second Pokémon. People will try to use Psychic moves on it and fail.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Well, it's not like they haven't used scrapped designs before. Maybe a similar pokemon, not necessarily Mu'una was originally designed for RGBY, they said "nah wouldn't fit" and just tucked away with any other discarded designs. Years later, they look through their portfolio and go "hey maybe we can work this into a pokemon now" and oh hey Mu'una.

...ok so yeah it sounds like more then a stretch when I type it out, yes.

Equally/more likely that someone on their design staff was recently replaying RGBYFRLG and went "hey how about we try to make this an actual pokemon?" thinking on it.

Of course this also all falls under the assumption that the Japanese versions had a similar line of dialog and that the localizers didn't embellish.

I had a concrete point going into this, not sure where that went.
snowy is right BVCM@ I think that would be the most logical perception of the situation.

The new map details and the info about zoroa and zoroark is awesome

hitoshura0

Oh man, now switching in online battles got way more interesting. Just keep Zoroark out of that second spot though if you're playing species clause.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I'm really liking the sound of Zorua/Zoroark's ability now that we have proper details about it, there will be alot of interesting battle strategies being created for the people that manage to get the pokes.

I just saw the Pokemon Sunday footage for a few days ago. It was pretty cool, as if you listen closely to it, you can hear:
a) Gym Music in the honeycomb area, making Pokebeach certain it's a gym in the region.
b) Chiramii's cry (when Dr. Araragi sends it out.)
c) Mijumaru's cry, when the hero sends him out in the battle against Munna.
d) Tsutarja's cry, when it faints against Meguroko.

Other stuff:
a) We see the hero sending out a Pokemon, which is AWESOME.
b) The bridge going down is also pretty darn cool.
c) Lots of Pokemon moves being used in battle. In particular, all of the new moves, being used by their respective Pokemon.
d) Munna floats around! Must be a very light Pokemon.
e) If you look in the Zorua vs Zoroark battle, you can see the new graphics for stat reduction. Also pretty cool I think.

If you want to watch the footage, click here

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Zorua and Zoroark's ability sounds pretty cool and Isshu looks awesome. An airport huh...what do we need airplanes for?...maybe to travel to other regions?...hmmm ;)

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Zorua and Zoroark's ability sounds pretty cool and Isshu looks awesome. An airport huh...what do we need airplanes for when our pokemon can fly?...maybe to travel to other regions?...hmmm ;)

Considering this Zoroark is top IVs, zero EVs, then its base stats are...

HP - 69-70
Atk - 93-94
Def - 47-48
SAtk - 113-114
SDef - 55-56
Speed - 93-94

...Ok. I hope this Zoroark actually has 15 IVs, otherwise it's going to be a really sucky pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.