• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
So you're calling anyone who isn't complaining and enjoying the games a moronic idiot? Then why are you on a POKEMON site? I'm sorta happy with all this, I just hope triple battling is more novelty and not seen frequently. I love the mantis and the sarcophagus, I think Suigomori (sp?) will do them all more justice with the stock art.

No. I'm saying that some people like the new games solely for the fact that if they somehow found them unappealing, they would be outcast and people would, in a rush, find excuses of how "wrong" they were. I said that I don't stand people that "follow the herd" and claim that each and every one of the things Nintendo throws at our faces are somehow blessed and that any sort of critic is impossible to conceive.

Capsule

What's in your ball?
Though I can't say I'm incredibly fond of some of these Pokémon, it's likely my "In-my-day-we-only-had-151-to-capture" syndrome.

Much as I did with the fourth generation, I'll probably warm up to these fellows. ...Except maybe the emo doll.

An egyptian-themed ghost? Took them long enough <3

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
No. I'm saying that some people like the new games solely for the fact that if they somehow found them unappealing, they would be outcast and people would, in a rush, find excuses of how "wrong" they were. I said that I don't stand people that "follow the herd" and claim that each and every one of the things Nintendo throws at our faces are somehow blessed and that any sort of critic is impossible to conceive.

Fact is though, you are only stating your own opinions so far, and that doesn't make you particularly right either. Perhaps you are the one who is actually in the wrong? If everyone else likes it and you don't, then your argument is looking rather weak.

I could just as easily say : "Feel free to criticize my opinion. At least I'm not an (a) moronic idiot who dislikes everything that's different to what I'm familliar with.

Anyway, triple battles will have no impact on competitive Pokemon at all. Double Battles have never been considered competitive standard, and if they are, then they occupy their own category, just like triple battles will occupy their own category.

ShadowArcanine

Era of Thunder
Well my first look at these Pokemon I think they are a little weird compared to the designs we have personally the first generation were the best in terms of designs now they are getting a little too weird. But then again they aren't to bad:

Ononokusu - That thing is a mantis seriously?! It looks like a dragon/dinosaur/bug thing!
Maybe it will look better when they release better pics for now I don't like it very much!

Doryuuzu - I actually kinda a like it a little if they would make it just a little more simple it ould be better but what can you do? Will this Pokemon be able to do Drill Liner?! but please don't make it the user of Grass Mixer. It dosn't lokk anithyng like a Ground/Grass type!

Desukan -I have nothing about this it looks kinda weird Ghost/Rock maybe I don't know! The gereat egiptians arrived on the Pokemon world ghost like!

Denchura - A tarantula probably will have a pre-evo. I guess it won't be bug because spiders aren't relly insects. Poisn type is the most likely but will it have a second type?

Moguryu - So the pre-evolution to Doryuuzu this one is the one I like the most its simple like hte old gens!

The ameba like thing is ok I guess.

The rock thing is a rock evolution for crougank just kidding its more like a brach evolution for nosepass maybe. I don't think it will evolve from Probopass!

The thing with the dress is wierd its like Jynx dropped 50 pounds and changed hair-style!

voidhawk

Blergh!
I hope the rock with the crystals is not a nosepass evo, and at the moment there is no evidence for or against this, but I hope it is a separate line. Also, does anyone have any idea whether coro coro will feature anything new in it's next issue?

I'll hold my tongue until official artwork is released, but I'm not all that excited about them as of yet. However, the giant mole thing kind of annoys me. But like everyone else, I like the little ectoplasm guy.

Makes me kind of laugh a little when I see people already trying to decide their teams when they really haven't released all that much information or pokemon for that matter, heh. :p

I heard the release date was Spring of 2011 for US ect. :(

Siigggghhhhh. I'm too impatient to be waiting that long again for another game.

DarkerShining

Well, even more new Pokemon... Hmm... I guess I'll have to wait for better pictures before I can form my opinions on them...

With the sarcophagus thing, I bet that there will be a ghost type mummy Pokemon in these games, possibly one that evolves into the sarcophagus thing.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Makes me kind of laugh a little when I see people already trying to decide their teams when they really haven't released all that much information or pokemon for that matter, heh. :p

Well, of course I haven't decided on my entire team yet. Just Pokabu, Gear, and Zoroark. So far. And then I gotta see if Koffing and Weezing are gonna be in the game.

Hey, was the event Zoroark confirmed to be female only? Because some people are speaking as if it is, saying that the male Zoroark in that double battle must've been obtained by another means.

SteelArson

the first thing I thought when I saw these 'Pokémon' was what the absolute ... are those things!
It may be the quality of the pictures but what (apparently) Nintendo have come up with is a load of balls.
In my own opinion they look so bad that they look worse than some of the fakes that make me cringe when I see them because someone actually thought it looked like a descent Pokémon.

From the back the Egyptian ghost looks like one of the most creativity less designs I have ever seen, it's just a sarcophagus with ghost arms, who the hell thought that that was the best way to implement a Egyptian style Pokémon into the game, I can think of tonnes of better uses of the concept.

The tarantula, also a back view but from what I can see they have completely gone over the top with colouring, unless someone can show me a picture of a tarantula or very similar looking spider with such a drastic colour scheme then it won't be as bad, but overall it's not the worst Pokémon I've seen but it just seems really too over the top.

The moles are Not bad but from what I can see in the picture it's head if messed up. It's got a random drill sticking out of its face like a mutilated over sized version of rhydon's upper horn. Hopefully when we get better picks it'll show that this mole doesn't actually look like a retard but you never know.

The Mantis, how the hell is that in any way a mantis! It looks like an anorexic tyrannitar that has had its head blown off with a bomb made of corrosive acids, and then attacked with acrylic paints that have accidentally been mixed together to make some of the most horrible colours imaginable. How is that anything near to the description of a mantis!!

The green plasma looking Pokémon is interesting, I have to say this looks more pleasing than the others and fit's better in with Pokémon in my opinion. I have no further comment to make on this one.

The rocky red blue thing... is absolutely completely and 1000000% appalling in every visible way possible. It's the most retarded thing I have ever seen come out of Nintendo and I have never hated a Pokémon's design as much as I hate this one. I'm sorry but the design is just so awful I can't think of any description that would bring justice to actually how awful it is. I bloody well hope it's related to nosepas and you don't see them wild so I can stay as far away from that thing as possible in game.

And finally the dark doll thing. careless design it's probably the game designers take on an evil rag doll, probably a ghost or dark type. and in my opinion they could have done a lot better but considering the others they've announced they could have done a lot worse as well. I don't like it but I don't hate it, nuf said.

Oh and 3 on 3 battles. what the hell were they thinking. two on two battles I was excited about because it gives you the chance to allow your Pokémon to work on the weaknesses of each other and use moves that support each other, However 3 on 3 battles are just a pointless waste of space! moves like helping hand work nicely with two on two, but with 3 on 3 you're probably going to end up with almost impossible to beat teams that make Pokémon battles unfair to those who don't want to use Pokémon that perfectly fit together and would rather use the Pokémon they like most.

For example, if you take a Pokémon with high defences, HP and a descent tanking ability, that knows follow me, then have a support Pokémon which can heal, set up helping hand, and inflict status on the opponent. and as well as that have a really fragile but extremely versatile sweeper in the middle to take out ever one of the other teams Pokémon in 1 to 2 hits, you've gotten yourself an unbeatable team that basically makes the game even harder for those who want to play for fun, to actually play for fun.

If this is Nintendo's way of improving the gaming experience they then have totally lost sight of their goal. Before I read the update, I was really looking forward to the rest of the 5th gen, the starters and the first batch of Pokémon looked great, and the new over world content looked brilliant as well. but with these new Pokémon and 3 on 3 battling, it looks like Nintendo are going to screw this game up on a scale that far far far out-passes any Pokémon related screw up they have ever done. and this is all coming from someone who has been defending the 5th gen since the announcement of Zoroark...

I hope the rock with the crystals is not a nosepass evo, and at the moment there is no evidence for or against this, but I hope it is a separate line.

This.

Seriously, why do people keep thinking that 'OMG THAT'S A NOSEPASS EVO' or 'OMG IT'S A FEMALE EVO FOR MEDITITE' or 'OMG ALTERNATE EVO OF BUDEW' ? It's like the Zoroark fiasco all over again. I can't see how any of em would be evolutions of past generation Pokemon at all. 4th Gen had 28 Pre-Evos and Evos, and personally that's waaay too many. Plus a good portion of those evolutions and pre-evolutions (Example, Chingling or Rhyperior) were unneeded. If anything needs a pre-evo or evo, give it to Pokemon that DESERVE it.

But now ends my little rant and onto my thoughts about the new Pokemon! Please note that my opinions might change on the 3 we can't see front-wise.

Moguryu - From what little I can see (I want to see it's face plz), I like this Pokemon. At first I thought it was a bird, but it really isn't.

Ononokusu - What a fun name, almost like Regigigigigigigigas. I fail to see how it's a mantis Pokemon (What about Scyther, huh?), it looks more like a dragon to me. Ooh, or a Fossil Pokemon would be nice.

Doryuuzu - Moguryu's evo! I kinda like it's design, I just wish I can see it's facial features a little better. I'm kinda hoping it's Ground/Steel, but that will probably not happen (Although, added resistance to EQ?)

Desukan - Desu-desu-desu...Okay, seriously, I kinda like this Pokemon, kinda don't like it. Again, it's probably because I don't know it's front sprite. But it's kinda cool with the shadow hands seeping out from the casket.

Denchura - ...At first, I thought it was a Skulltula with big eyeballs with eyelashes at the top of it's body. But that was from the screenshot with the text box blocking my view. Now it just reminds me of a Skulltula, but from what I can see of it's design, I like so far.

Amoeba Pokemon - OMG IT'S ADORABLE. Seriously my most favorite of the new bunch. It's so odd it's cute.

Crystal Pokemon - To be honest, this one is the only one I'm getting some Digimon vibes from. But it's still kinda cool.

Goth-Loli-Stack Pokemon - Umm...My least favorite. It's ugly, imo, and it's arms look kinda bad.

Of course, I'm basing my opinions on SPRITES. The official art might change my mind about em, but I'm still planning to complete the National Dex this gen.

Really, I'm still happy with this gen, especially because so far, we haven't seen a Pokemon connected to the Past Gen.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Denchura - A tarantula probably will have a pre-evo. I guess it won't be bug because spiders aren't relly insects. Poisn type is the most likely but will it have a second type?

Spinark and Ariados are spiders and they are Bug-type.

Denchura will probably be Bug/Electric.

Doryuuzu - Moguryu's evo! I kinda like it's design, I just wish I can see it's facial features a little better. I'm kinda hoping it's Ground/Steel, but that will probably not happen (Although, added resistance to EQ?)

A GRound/Steel type (like Steelix) would be weak to Ground.

Last edited:

Sabonea_Masukippa

From the back the Egyptian ghost looks like one of the most creativity less designs I have ever seen, it's just a sarcophagus with ghost arms, who the hell thought that that was the best way to implement a Egyptian style Pokémon into the game, I can think of tonnes of better uses of the concept.

Well, seeing as, as you say, we can't see it's front, let's hold off from calling it the "most creativity less" (sic) designs shall we? Tends to make things easier when they turn around and look awesome.

Also, Lucario is Egyptian-based, if I recall correctly.

The tarantula, also a back view but from what I can see they have completely gone over the top with colouring, unless someone can show me a picture of a tarantula or very similar looking spider with such a drastic colour scheme then it won't be as bad, but overall it's not the worst Pokémon I've seen but it just seems really too over the top.

Look I would *love* to look for that wildly coloured tarantula, but I've been searching for a blue sheep for nearly ten years. No luck. But once I track it down, I'll get right on that for you.

The moles are Not bad but from what I can see in the picture it's head if messed up. It's got a random drill sticking out of its face like a mutilated over sized version of rhydon's upper horn. Hopefully when we get better picks it'll show that this mole doesn't actually look like a retard but you never know.

That's it's tail/some sort of appendage coming from it's back. Look at the video - the steel tip thing moves independently from the head.

The Mantis, how the hell is that in any way a mantis! It looks like an anorexic tyrannitar that has had its head blown off with a bomb made of corrosive acids, and then attacked with acrylic paints that have accidentally been mixed together to make some of the most horrible colours imaginable. How is that anything near to the description of a mantis!!

It's not a mantis. That's just what one/two people thought it look liked. And it stuck. We don't really know what it's based off.

The green plasma looking Pokémon is interesting, I have to say this looks more pleasing than the others and fit's better in with Pokémon in my opinion. I have no further comment to make on this one.

Well that's because this one is awesome. I thought it was weird at first but once I realized that the body was separate from the jelly I was in love.

The rocky red blue thing... is absolutely completely and 1000000% appalling in every visible way possible. It's the most retarded thing I have ever seen come out of Nintendo and I have never hated a Pokémon's design as much as I hate this one. I'm sorry but the design is just so awful I can't think of any description that would bring justice to actually how awful it is. I bloody well hope it's related to nosepas and you don't see them wild so I can stay as far away from that thing as possible in game.

TBH, I don't get why you and so many people seem so deeply offended by this design?? It's not like they went back and had Pikachu shoot first (10 Awesome points for knowing that reference). What specifically about the design don't you like?

And finally the dark doll thing. careless design it's probably the game designers take on an evil rag doll, probably a ghost or dark type. and in my opinion they could have done a lot better but considering the others they've announced they could have done a lot worse as well. I don't like it but I don't hate it, nuf said.

Nothing about it's design strikes me as particularly lacking care. What is it about it that is particularly carelessly done to you?

Oh and 3 on 3 battles. what the hell were they thinking. two on two battles I was excited about because it gives you the chance to allow your Pokémon to work on the weaknesses of each other and use moves that support each other, However 3 on 3 battles are just a pointless waste of space! moves like helping hand work nicely with two on two, but with 3 on 3 you're probably going to end up with almost impossible to beat teams that make Pokémon battles unfair to those who don't want to use Pokémon that perfectly fit together and would rather use the Pokémon they like most.

For example, if you take a Pokémon with high defences, HP and a descent tanking ability, that knows follow me, then have a support Pokémon which can heal, set up helping hand, and inflict status on the opponent. and as well as that have a really fragile but extremely versatile sweeper in the middle to take out ever one of the other teams Pokémon in 1 to 2 hits, you've gotten yourself an unbeatable team that basically makes the game even harder for those who want to play for fun, to actually play for fun.

Nothing's stopping you from using your favourites, but, unfortunately, even in single battles (particularly in competitive play) some Pokemon just don't cut it. If you know what it takes to win and choose not to do it, that's your choice. I don't see how someone creating an "unbeatable" team in 3vs3 would be any different from an "unbeatable" 1vs1 match? Nor that it would be any easier/harder to do so?

If this is Nintendo's way of improving the gaming experience they then have totally lost sight of their goal. Before I read the update, I was really looking forward to the rest of the 5th gen, the starters and the first batch of Pokémon looked great, and the new over world content looked brilliant as well. but with these new Pokémon and 3 on 3 battling, it looks like Nintendo are going to screw this game up on a scale that far far far out-passes any Pokémon related screw up they have ever done. and this is all coming from someone who has been defending the 5th gen since the announcement of Zoroark...

The new Pokemon that we've only seen in a video and some screen caps for a total of 2 seconds each - some only from behind.

3vs3 battling is confirmed to be in the game. We have no idea how, when, where it will be implemented within the frame work nor any of its logistics or special rules. We know it exists, basically, but we don't know much else. Just because you can't imagine it being good or fun right now doesn't mean it won't be and it doesn't mean that some/most people who eventually buy the games will think that way either.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I actuallt like them so far. The only ones I don't like are the sarcophaghus (although we see is a backsprite, I don't much like the idea of a sarcophagus Pokemon) and the black creeepy doll thing o_O

I like the rock one best out of these 8. Electric spider and bug-dino thing seem cool, too.

It's not like they went back and had Pikachu shoot first

:D

Murton

Once you were lost.
Pokémon isn't reality. Get over it.

Again, Pokémon isn't reality. Get over it.

1000000%? And you called the tarantula over the top?

And because you have already seen 3-on-3 in action, you know what it will be like. Seriously, don't judge something if you don't have any idea what it will be like.

If this is Nintendo's way of improving the gaming experience they then have totally lost sight of their goal.
Nintendo's goal is, has been and will always be making money. And because every random kid with a NDS and parents with money will probably get this game, they WILL make money.

I looove how people keep BAWWWing about a game they've never played.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Sarcophagus - Definitely a Ghost type, can't wait to see its front, really cool design so far however. Maybe Ghost/Ground or Ghost/Steel?
Tarantula - Hello Ariados evo? That or an all new Bug/Electric type (based on colour alone).

Finally someone agrees on Ariados evo! I think, it could be both! The secondary type switch could be evolution related!
I like the Sarcophagus, and most of the news that's come with it.

Christmas tree crossdresser.

gagaispleased.jpg

YES!!!! OH YES, THIS THREAD IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS!

Waaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt, just one second!
*Puts on Steven Colbert Glasses*
IT'S REALITY SHOW CLIP TIME!
Oh wait, wrong show, that's the soup! *Shoots intern*

This, America, is tonight's word. (The Word: No, really, I support the LGBT community!)
A threat to our nation's security! (The Word: And a threat to Jynx's job security!)
A threat to our two type basing! (The Word: 3 poke battle?! What's next, a pokemon with three types? *Stares blankly at the x-mas tree x-dresser*)
Tonight, America, we must hope our greatest fears aren't realized! (The Word: An even uglier Nosepass evolution!)
*Cough, Cough, Ahem* Sorry, that was horrible. Not as Whorrible as the xmas tree xdresser

Krake

Flabebe's Kids

So you're saying we're wrong for disagreeing with you, but we can't have our own opinion?

I never said that I liked all the Pokemon, but I don't complain about them relentlessly. I just don't pay them much mind. Not everyone hates everything, you know.

wahwahwahwahthesepokessuckwahwahwahwahnotgoingtobotherwiththenewpokemonandivebeendefending5thgensincefourscoreandsevenyearsagowahwahwah.

I still can't believe how people can take 8 Pokemon and label the 5th gen as bad when the rest of the Pokemon have yet to be revealed.

I'm going to just post what I posted in 420chan. Naughty words are present.

You guys are ****ing *****es, and I just finished reading threads on the Serebii forums.

Only 22 Pokemon have been revealed. How can most of you guys judge the game from those Pokemon? If you hate them, fine, but then why the hell are you even keeping up with the new Pokemon?

I like the new Pokemon (or at least all of what I can get a good view of). The only one I don't really care for is the black doll, and even then it isn't horrible like you pussy-whipped weeaboos like to think everything past 2nd gen is.

People should just shut up and enjoy the games (you know, when they come out as opposed to throwing a fit over pre-release stuff), or, failing that, they should not bother buying the game, play the old games, and let everyone else enjoy the new games.

Mmmmm, ban-hammer...

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
Spinark and Ariados are spiders and they are Bug-type.

I don't think Spinarak or Ariados are Spiders... they have 6 legs. Spiders have 8. Probably explaining why it's not considered the "Spider Pokemon" under classification (They are the "String Spit" and the "Long Leg" Pokemon, respectively)

Status
Not open for further replies.