• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much. 14 cards drawn on turn one wins you a lot of games in Magic. Card advantage at its finest. Remember, this was introduced pretty late into "Combo Winter" and Tolarian Academy was around and available, so the ban speaks for itself.

And I guess to illustrate the point, there was a card called Ancestral Recall that says U: Draw Three cards. This is one of the most broken cards in the game, and one of the most expensive(About $525+ on Anycraze right now). Remember that when you used to be able to play the common Bill in the Pokemon TCG for 2 cards for no cost. ::shudders::

So, the idea of the card is to draw multiple ones and then use it accordingly in broken combos or to "merely" increase your "graveyard"? I guess I can see it now.

And I guess to stay on topic, the gold mantis thing looks neat, but I don't think I'll have room on the team for that one.

I surely will if it has a good type combination. Bug/Dragon, Steel/Ground, Dragon/Whatever...

Weaver_8

Down the rabbit hole
I am not saying that the Pokemon in the black dress is linked to Jynx somehow, I just want to bring up my thoughts on why so many may think that. As many of you know Jynx was based off the style known as Ganguro. This new pokemon in the black dress has what appears to be the style Lolita, to be more specific Gothic Lolita. Both these fashion styles are well known in Japan so this may explain why some see a connection between Jynx and the Lolita pokemon.

Last edited:

R_N

So it was bugging me about the proborhino looking so similar to something I had seen before and a quick trip to the fakemon page shows it's vaguely similar to Shibosai

Obviously not based on it, but coincidental similarities are fun.

Sponge

The Black Dress Cat.....related to Jynx? I am really not seeing it at all.

There's even less of a connection than Munna and Drowzee imo...

hitoshura0

So, the idea of the card is to draw multiple ones and then use it accordingly in broken combos or to "merely" increase your "graveyard"? I guess I can see it now.

Nope, if you're doing it right you're dumping the "temporary hand" on the field before it gets yarded. You then use this get an insane amount of mana out of the academy and you "go off" with combo du jor. It's like Oaking in Pokemon TCG, basically.

I surely will if it has a good type combination. Bug/Dragon, Steel/Ground, Dragon/Whatever...

Given good typing, I can see myself using him in the 3rd game, though.

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
Black and White are certainly shaping up to be interesting. The starters and the earlier reveals have grown on me, so I'm sure the latest reveals will grow on me too. Moguryu the baby mole sounds cute, though you can't really tell from the behind shot. Definitely going to import one of the games when it comes out.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
edit: I posted this message by mistake, thought my previous one hadn't gone through

Uhh, delete it, then?

I wonder what the Pokemon's types are. Here are my guesses.

Moles: Ground (Steel once it evolves)
Power Rangers Awesomosaur: Steel/Dragon
Sarcophagus: Ghost/Ground (or Rock)
Tatantula: Electric (what with the name thing)/Bug
Green Plasma Guy: Ghost/?
Rockman: Rock
Doll thing: Dark/?

The Mole Pokemon are pretty cool. I am pretty sure they are related in terms of evolution, which means we may have the first evolutionary line revealed for Gen 5! I reckon that this evo line will be either Ground/Steel or Dark/Steel (from their colours).

The only other ones I kind of like the look of are the Mantis and the Middle one from the ones whose named haven't been revealed.

One thing I'm really confused as to how it's going to work and am not too pleased about is three-way battles. Sorry, that's just MAD.

We get to see surf being used! Look at the Chiramii, Pokabu, Tutarja and Mijumaru battle.

It is me or are they really plugging the whole "Ancient Egypt" thing? Just something I thought.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
I think it's be kind of cool if the ghost blob turned out to be Ghost/Normal. How neat would it be to have a Pokemon that's immune to both of its types?

Cobalt_Latios

Anyone ever watched the early seasons of Ben 10: Alien Force?

The rock looks like the offspring of Chromostone ._.
Hmm... it sort of does.

And also I'm really liking that mole :)
What?! You had the perfect opportunity for a pun and you don't utilize it? For shame.

Point being, people who used to like Pokemon but hated the new ones and gave up on it are a lot more common than you'd think. They just aren't all running around on the internet talking about how awful all the new 'Mons are and how wonderful the old ones were. If they were, there'd be another big "Anti-Pokemon war" going on.
doesn't stop them from complaining though.

C_L

lethal Xsanity

Like several of you have said, they look like fake pokemon of old times.
I'm not saying they're fake.
They just look kinda odd.
I love some of them though like the Dude with Ghost arms.
Freakin' Awesome.

Sponge

I've had a good look at them now so I'm going to give my verdict:

Doryuuzu: This is the mole guy....I don't really like him. He might grow on me but the design just looks awkward to me with the spike coming over his head.

Ononokusu: This mantis/lizard pokemon, he definitely looks tough but the colour scheme is a bit odd. Again he might grow on me...

Desukan: An Egyptian Sarchophagus, my favourite Gen 5 pokemon so far....and that's from the backsprite alone. I have faith that his front will be just as awesome though. He's definitely on my team.

Denchura: The Tarantula, I really like the look of this guy too. I'm not sure why people are saying he's electric just because he's yellow...he's blue too does that make him part water type?

Moguryuu: It's really hard to comment on this guy from backsprite alone (when his backsprite doesn't show anything particularly interesting) but he seems a bit bland. At first glance I thought it was Mamepato...

Green Jelly Pokemon: I really like the look of this guy, I'm wondering if he might be part Grass type because his head looks like some kind of bud to me. Also does this guy remind you of a certain Paper Mario Partner?: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/gothicbat666/Mario/paperflurrie.jpg

Red/Blue Spike Pokemon: Not very original looking....but he's still not too bad. The resemblance to Chromastone from Ben 10 is uncanny though imo.

Black Dress Pokemon: I like this one alot, it's very creative. Not sure exactly what it is but those are my favourite kinds of pokemon. :) It looks like it could be dark or maybe Psychic..

From Fav to least fav:

1. Desukan
2. Black Dress Pokemon
3. Green Jelly Pokemon
4. Denchura
5. Ononokusu
6. Red/Blue Spikes Pokemon
7. Doryuuzu
8. Moguryu

Last edited:

Gaga

Last Shiny (RNG)
Denchura: The Tarantula, I really like the look of this guy too. I'm not sure why people are saying he's electric just because he's yellow...he's blue too does that make him part water type?

The reason many people believe it's electric is not because of the color (well, it may be for some) but because of it's name.

Denchura's name contains the Japanese words for "electric" and "tarantula."

I would love an electric/bug type so I hope it's true.

When I first saw these Pokemon I was very disappointed. They look so strange. But then they began to grow on me because they are so strange looking, creative I guess.

Although they aren't my favorite, I do like them.

The only one that I have yet to like is the coffin one. Just looks like a coffin with four ghost arms, but that will probably change when I see it's front sprite.

:3

Moltar

I want to see how they work 3v3 battles into the anime show.

Talk about action packed...

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
The rocky red blue thing... is absolutely completely and 1000000% appalling in every visible way possible. It's the most retarded thing I have ever seen come out of Nintendo and I have never hated a Pokémon's design as much as I hate this one. I'm sorry but the design is just so awful I can't think of any description that would bring justice to actually how awful it is. I bloody well hope it's related to nosepas and you don't see them wild so I can stay as far away from that thing as possible in game.

I'm glad someone finally noticed this. There's no excuse for such conceptless clunky clump of crap.

I think this is the one with the largest chance at being an evo. It shares both the color scheme and apparent type of Nosepass, which none of the other speculated (pre)evolutions do.

Munna has the type, but her color scheme is way too different to be related to Drowzee.
Lolita has the face of Meditite/Medicham and to a lesser extent Jynx, but neither of their colors.
Denchura is likely Electric, which makes it unlikely to be an Ariados evolution.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
I don't mind the spike on the big mole. It reminds me of the visors on old suits of armor.

Gaga

Last Shiny (RNG)
I'm glad someone finally noticed this. There's no excuse for such conceptless clunky clump of crap.

I think this is the one with the largest chance at being an evo. It shares both the color scheme and apparent type of Nosepass, which none of the other speculated (pre)evolutions do.

Munna has the type, but her color scheme is way too different to be related to Drowzee.
Lolita has the face of Meditite/Medicham and to a lesser extent Jynx, but neither of their colors.
Denchura is likely Electric, which makes it unlikely to be an Ariados evolution.

I doubt it will be an evolution of Nosepass. It looks way too different.

graymonkey0

graymonk
is it me or are they trying to make them look too complex? What ever happened to the simple designs like Squirtle and Aerodactyl

Gaga

Last Shiny (RNG)
is it me or are they trying to make them look too complex? What ever happened to the simple designs like Squirtle and Aerodactyl

You can only have so many simple designs.

Plus, whether or not they're simple or not depends on the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.