• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xx Flare xX

I like the Sarcophagus pokemon:p Hopefully we'll see it's face soon!
I also like the one that looks like a floating cauliflower :D

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
It has that dark tyranitar vibe all over it. And then that double sided axe on its head. I think there's a possibility it will be dark/steel.
Dark/steel will be a very interesting combination. Immunity to Psychic and Poison, 4x weakness to Fighting, resistance to 9 types including Normal, Grass, Ice, Flying, Rock, Dragon, Dark, Steel and Ghost...
I love Xous's interpretation of Mr Mantis.

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
Were the new starters' evolutions revealed? If not.. I can't wait till then :)

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
The new Pokemon look quite interesting.

Does anybody else think that the marking on the back of the new 'coffin' Pokemon looks a lot like the marking on the back of Bronzor/Bronzong? ... possible evolution?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Does anybody else think that the marking on the back of the new 'coffin' Pokemon looks a lot like the marking on the back of Bronzor/Bronzong? ... possible evolution?
Yes, some people have commented on that. I believe someone said it had to do with the rune of life or something. Bronzong, apart frm being part of a Japanese myth, is a bell. Bells are chimed at weddings. Mr Coffin is a coffin, symbolising death. Marriage and death form two of the three "main" parts of our lives to ancient civilations, I think. The other, of course, is birth. Then again, both Sarchophagus and Bronzong are ancient, so could have the RUne of Line inscribed on them by ancient civilisations.

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
The new Pokemon look quite interesting.

The marking on the back of the Coffin is a straight line with 4 lines coming out from the sides in an acute angle. The marking on the back of Bronzor / Brongzong is a straight line with 4 lines coming out from the sides in a right angle/Acute angle that curves up with circles at the end. Though close, I'm gonna call no cigar... ever.

They're that different looking anyway, almost impossible to be an evolution xP

SteelArson

So this tarrantula pokemon... you guys ever heard of the Cobalt blue tarantula?

[It is a spider so if you suffer from quite strong arachnophobia, probably best be careful and make sure there are no breakables nearby before looking at the pick =)]
http://www.tattoopitstop.com/images/tarantula.jpg

i typed yellow and blue tarantula into google and found this picture, so i thought "hmmm, ill google this to see if it has any relation to electricity at all," found the wiki page and skim read the page to find this!

Wikipedia said:
This species is most notable for its beautiful iridescent (electric) blue color of the legs

The pokemons legs are yellow which is the colour most commonly associated with electic types in game.

Wikipedia said:
one of the most bad-tempered/aggressive spiders in the hobby, it is well known for its lightning speed

Lightning speed eh? they sure like describing this spider with shocking adjectives.

I also looked up cobalt and found this!

Wikipedia said:
Lithium cobalt oxide (LiCoO2) is widely used in lithium ion battery electrodes

Now it's a bit far fetched, but lithium batteries are known to be the most powerful commercial batteries (as far as i know) and because they contain cobalt (which is made with copper which is highly conductive) then the adjective of cobalt blue in the tarrantulas name is quite refferential to electricity.

Wahey, with a little bit of far-fetched research i have come up with a selection of extra evidence that supports the theory that this spider will be electric type (most probably electric/bug)

Last edited:

Meowth! That's right!

Cat Pokemon Trainer
I'm not too keen on the new lot of pokemon, though the floating green bear thing and the grey doll thing with the pigtails are kinda interesting, and the mantis looks pretty badass. The sarcophagus thing is really creepy and I don't like the idea of a tarantula pokemon. The mole thing could be cute if we see it from the front. I just really want them to let us see the starter's evo's already!

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
So this tarrantula pokemon... you guys ever heard of the Cobalt blue tarantula?

[It is a spider so if you suffer from quite strong arachnophobia, probably best be careful and make sure there are no breakables nearby before looking at the pick =)]
http://www.tattoopitstop.com/images/tarantula.jpg

i typed yellow and blue tarantula into google and found this picture, so i thought "hmmm, ill google this to see if it has any relation to electricity at all," found the wiki page and skim read the page to find this!

*Insert cool info here*

That's a pretty good find, there. even given that teachers at the school I go to won't accept things from a non-reliable source, like wikipedia. I, of course, find this pretty believable, so again, nice find!

I just really want them to let us see the starter's evo's already!

Sure, absolutely, can you handle waiting until the game's JP release? That's the longest you'll have to wait. So if you can handle waiting till then, you're set =). Until then, enjoy the fakemon and the anticipation. :D

Last edited:

Takeso

It astonishes me the fact that almost everybody likes the new pokemon...

Since the release of Zoroark I knew that the 5th generation would be a disaster in terms of new pokemon design.
Can they even be called "pokemon"? I mean, they're so different from the previous generations ones that I would have never thought that they were pokemon if they weren't announced as such...

Am I the only one who feels nostalgia for the old pokemon concept?

Seriously, they make my eyes bleed... The water starter looks so ****ing dumb and retarded that it can't even be compared to the previous ones. In fact, the previous pokemon designers should feel insulted to have such thing added to the great universe they've created.

Out of all those that have been announced I can only point three that remotely resembles a pokemon: the chinchilla, the pigeon and the mantis ones.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Lightning speed eh? they sure like describing this spider with shocking adjectives.

I also looked up cobalt and found this!

Also interesting fact, Quick Attack=Lightning Speed in Japanese version.

sparkedglory

Since the release of Zoroark I knew that the 5th generation would be a disaster in terms of new pokemon design.
Can they even be called "pokemon"? I mean, they're so different from the previous generations ones that I would have never thought that they were pokemon if they weren't announced as such...

Seriously, they make my eyes bleed... The water starter looks so ****ing dumb and retarded that it can't even be compared to the previous ones. In fact, the previous pokemon designers should feel insulted to have such thing added to the great universe they've created.

Out of all those that have been announced I can only point three that remotely resembles a pokemon: the chinchilla, the pigeon and the mantis ones.

Sugimori did say that you would ask yourself "is this pokemon?"
And doesn't every generation vary from one another? You can't just keep the same designs, it would get stale.

And resembles a pokemon? Is there a rule now that pokemon must look a certain way? These guys are fine, you'll get used to it just like everyone else got used to Gen 4.

Sabonea_Masukippa

And isn't just an amazing coincidence that you wound up not liking the Pokemon you'd already decided would be rubbish before you saw them.

I think so. I really do*.

*I don't.

Sugimori did say that you would ask yourself "is this pokemon?"

Just for clarity, it was actually Masada, the Director of the games, who said that. Sugimori is notoriously media shy.

Last edited:

Samayowa

you amaze me.

I am astonished at how closed minded so many people are being with these new Pokemon, ESPECIALLY when we haven't even seen clear, actual representations of the few that were just revealed the other day.
As I've previously stated, they warned that we would ask ourselves "Is this Pokemon?" I can see now that they not only meant in gameplay, graphics and such, but also with the Pokemon themselves.

I for one am going to give them an honest chance to grow on me and wait for better images of them.
Sheesh, you people are never satisfied. I swear it's the same crap every generation.
99.9% of the all the "haters" as they are called, end up liking most if not all the Pokemon they previously stated that they disliked.

Oh, and I'm sure the previous generation's Pokemon's little cyber hearts a CRUSHED with the introduction of these new Pokemon.
I mean, if I were a little bit of data in a DS cartridge, I would be deeply insulted and hurt. ;)

BACK ON TOPIC.
I'm super excited to see what the "plant cell" guy has to offer us.
I also do not believe the rock rhino to be related to Nosepass or Probopass.

Last edited:

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
So jus' sayin'
At first, I almost thought that the sarcophagus was some weird jukebox with ghostleh arms. And also, the one Lolita-esque pokemon, I almost thought it was some weird trainer until I saw it get hit with a fiery fist.
But other than that I'm liking all that I see right now, epescially Ononokusu (the "mantis"). Do want. Do. Want.

Like, a lot.

nekromedia

unwavering emotions

I am astonished that you can't learn to live with these new Pokemon. Seriously, get over it.

Sugimori did say that you'd be asking "Is this Pokemon?" so, uh, yeah. And Pokemon are supposed to look different. What do you want, a color pallet change in every region for the original 151 Pokemon? Because I sure don't.

That's exactly why you hate the new Pokemon because you're blinded by your nostalgia. Learn to accept new things. I have nostalgia for the old Pokemon, too, but I'm not complaining.

I wonder what happened to the use of proper grammar when we didn't misplace retarded in out sentences. The water starter looks nice. Also, the same Pokemon designers for the 1st generation are the same for all the other four. durr ur dumm

I'm not exactly ecstatic about these new Pokemon either but I'm not bawwing abut it like you are. Everyone here is so foolish, it makes me cry.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Some of these I think I like. Desukan, Ononokuso, and the two rightmost unnamed 'mons. I don't like the moles much, Denchura is kinda bright and ugly, and that unnamed one on the left is just... iiiiick!

(I think Onokuso will be on my team, and so will the middle unnamed mon...)

Status
Not open for further replies.