• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachi Kidd

I like the evos for the starters but i dont see one for Pokabu?
And i like the fruit bat thing, it reminds me of Zubat and Koffing. :)

SPON

i think that Mijumaru's final evo will be one badass otter beast. i loved blastoise and feraligater (swampert not so much) but i think this little fella is promising. maybe water/ice?
i think the lil dino pokemon might be the first in the line of that drill pokemon from the screens.

DoleWhip

Eh, I'm disappointed by Mjumaru's evolution. It looks too much like Marshtomp (and I never liked the Mudkip line), IMO.

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
Are you guys even sure thats a tail for the mole evo??

And i hope this gen dosent turn out like hoenn or sinnoh where most pokemon are worthless.*Cough*HERE*Cough*
-Illumise and its other form
-Pachirisu
-Cresselia
-Skuntank
-Purugly
-Cacturne
-Mighteyna
-Beautifly
-Dustox
The list goes on forever. Oh and i really hate having lots of legendarys why cant they stick to at least four. One fore each game and one special.

Cresselia

Are you honestly trying to tell us that Cresselia is worthless? Seriously? You do know that Cresselia is currently considered the best all purpose wall in the game after Blissey, and is extremily irritating to fight against, right?

FYI, Cactourne isn't bad either. It can do some surprising damage with the sucker punch/subpunch moveset.

All the other pokemon you listed are fairly generic vermin pokemon, similar to the ones who plague EVERY generation.

dancing_totodile

Breeder Contestant
Well, now that there are a good number to comment on, I finally decided to join in (though as many pages as this gains in one day, it is hard to keep up).

The Starters give me mixed emotions, I don't really like "Smuglizard" even though grass is my favorite type. The sea otter is cute, but I just have to say I like the "Pre-Heated Pork Roast" the best out of the three, but After seeing the Sea Otter's assumed first evo, I am actually liking it a little more, but smug lizard is still not up there. And how does everyone keep seeing Mijumaru's Evo as Marshtomp?!? I just don't get it?

Chinchilla is so adorable! and even though a lot people keep going on about Munna's evolution to Drowzee, I really hope not, I want it to be original (and an elephant).

Gear... no? Mamepato... okay? Hihidaruma.... I can't wait to see if it evolves.

Shimama make me think of Ixion from the Final Fantasy series so I will be seeing him on my team, and Meguroko, is also a high hitter for my first playthrough team!

Moguryu and its possible evo will probably be in my team opposite the Crocodile because I have a thing for mole monsters with awesome claws. (Claws and a Hard hat, a great combo).

I'm not sure what to think of the axe headed mantis.

When first seeing Denchura, no.. Spiders are so not strong with me. But as for Desukan, it looks awesome and I'm hoping it has a mummy evo. :)

I really like what is inside the Ectoplamic ghost, but the ectoplasmic shell doesn't look right... The Crystal creature is one of the best EVER! I can't wait to use it. And I just don't have opinion on the third thing.

The little bat and gible/tyranitar creature from the newest sketches are so cute... I just don't know how I'm going to fit all these pokemon I like on my team!

Zorua is cute and Zoruka is awesome, Legendaries.......... what legendaries?

I really think these are turning out to be some great pokemon for a new gen as much as they don't have the feel of the other gen, but I will say that for being a new region whose to say these pokemon don't fit in this region and all the others are just odd balls here in Isshu?

Though I will give the creators credit so far, Out of all the previewed pokemon I have only seen two water pokemon just by looks (starter and evo), which makes me have high hopes that maybe they are finally learning that 50 new pokemon out of 150 (1/3) a region is an annoying thing.

Missingno.Fan

I like the new evolutions to the starters. I wonder why they didn't show the pig's. Oh well...

I like how there's a new bat. It looks like Koffing but I was really getting sick of Zubat so this is a refreshing change.

The other thing looks like a mutated Nidoran female.

saar

Shiny Flygon
i think that Mijumaru's final evo will be one badass otter beast. i loved blastoise and feraligater (swampert not so much) but i think this little fella is promising. maybe water/ice?

Well yes, Mijumaru really looks like it is a part of Snow(Ice)pokemon, but not anymore, because now we know it is a see otter pokemon and not a snow man pokemon.

Since I'm almost sure it can't be a Ground type, I'd say Ice/Steel are the favorites options for it. Since I can't see the drill in a good quality, I can't know for sure, but I'd prefer it to be an Ice type.

I posted here or in the Speculation thread that if I found Mijumaru's evos to be awesome, then everyone would have every right to say "TOLD YOU SO" on my dislike for Mijumaru.

I do not think this is an awesome evo, and appears to be going in a direction that I personally dislike.

Now don't get me wrong. I've loved most of the 5th Gen thus far, there have been some exceptions that I've disliked, but this Mijumaru evo and the new Bat...thing have to be added to that list of exceptions now.

Mijumaru evo- I knew from the start that the only way I was going to like Mijumaru is if it's evo was going to be Water/ Dark. Because it is obviously not going in that direction, I dislike it, just as I thought. The mohawk drives just one more comparison to Floatzel/Buizel, I don't know where this Marshtomp thing is coming from though. I can see it ending up Water/Fighting and being some sort of fighting Otter everyone will flip out of over. *Sigh* It seems Water Starters have taken a total nose dive after Mudkip.

SmugLizard Evo- It's looking more and more Snake-like at least, as the Arms and Legs seem to have shrunk. My friend seems to really like it, but my only complaint is that it doesn't look as Smug anymore.

Koromori- Dislike this guy too. It looks like Zubat and Koffing's lovechild after a night involving lots of alcohol. I mean what IS IT. It looks like no Bat I've ever seen, is this supposed to be a fruit bat? As much as I will always hate Golbat, I would rather see his face in the caves of Isshu over this...thing any day of the week.

Small Dinosaur Thing- Looks alright, my friend speculates it being a Cubone Pre-evo, but I'm saying not to assume anything until we get a better picture.

ArcananShadow

Poke Wanderer
Anyone mention the possibility of that larvitar thing being the mantis thing's first stage? It has two things coming out of the sides of its head.

pikachu500

Elite Champion
Hey do you all know I LOVE all the Pokemon! The new Pokemon are to die for!
They are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!!

Hahahahahaha........I Love you Munna!

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
I love the new Pokemon in the sketch thing. The little gible/larvitar thing looks adorable, and depending on its typing I might put it on my team. I have a feeling that the new bat thing (which I'm really crossing my fingers that this will take the place of zubat....) will be a grass type. It just reminds me of pollen, but with wings.

I was always planning on having Tsutaaja on my team, but after seeing it's evolution - which is practically no change at all - I won't. I love Mijumaru's evolution. It totally convinces me even more that it will be water/fighting. I'm probably gonna pick Mijumaru now.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Are you guys even sure thats a tail for the mole evo??

And i hope this gen dosent turn out like hoenn or sinnoh where most pokemon are worthless.*Cough*HERE*Cough*
-Illumise and its other form
-Pachirisu
-Cresselia
-Skuntank
-Purugly
-Cacturne
-Mighteyna
-Beautifly
-Dustox
The list goes on forever. Oh and i really hate having lots of legendarys why cant they stick to at least four. One fore each game and one special.

No pokemon is completely worthless, and how you could say skuntank is worthless is beyond me. Its only weakness is ground and it's immune to psychic attacks. one of my all time favorite pokemon.

SmashHero24

The One Who Knocks
I kinda hope the official artwork for the evolution of Tsutaja does it more justice, because it doesn't look to different to me. The water evolution is pretty hawt and definately makes it look like its gonna be water/fighting. The bat thing is pretty cool as well. And the little dino guy is cute :D I hope its beastly in the game.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
I'm liking all the new pokemon so far. The fact that Game Freak is fulfilling almost all of my wishes from the wishlist/speculation thread is a bonus. I asked for a quadruped crocodile; Boom, Meguroko. I asked for a new bat pokemon to give Zubat and Golbat a break; Boom, Koromori. It's like Game Freak is actually listening to me! It's sorta creepy in all honesty, but I'm loving my wishes coming true. Now all I need is an awesome tiger pokemon, two new fossil pokemon; preferably a Mammoth, Rock/Ice, Normal/Ice, or just Ice and a Smilodon (Sabertooth Cat) also Rock/Ice, Normal/Ice, or just Ice, and an awesome Miltank and Tauros pre-evo and I'll be good for this gen. Come on, Game Freak, make it happen.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Does anybody think the Gible/Larvitar thing could be the first form of Ononokusu? (The "mantis" dinosaur)

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I know these are real, but this Generation is weird in terms of how things are being revealed. First we get new Pokemon in a random video, and now some sketches. Makes me wonder what Pokemon will be in the next Coro Coro. I mean, we are getting Pokemon from all sorts of media. It's rather odd, but cool I guess.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Thoughts:

Koromori: uhhh, what? I agree with Krug. As of right now, I don't like it. Hopefully the official art will do some justice to it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The small thing: I need the official art before I make a judgement.

Smugleaf's evo: Just as smug as ever. The appearence of leaves on its back is interesting, as is the thing growing on its chest/head.

Mijumaru evo: meh, it's better than Mijumaru, but I still don't like it much.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I'm loving this generation so much at the moment because they're very strange looking. Desukan the sarcophagus Pokemon really got my attention and i'm desperate to find out what it's face looks like, i also liked Denchura (tarantula) also.

The sketches that have popped up today are interesting as well, i love the evolutions of Tstaja and Mijamaru, they look really awesome. The small Pokemon to the left with the horn on it's head is bizarre though, i wonder what it could be?.

Hopefully they have made this game alot more mature, you know, for us mature types!.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.