• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitoshura0

I thought if fire reaches a high level of heat it is blue?!
Wow a turbine that makes a lot of sense since I was talking about the color -_-.
Seriously if you had to give electricity a color it would be yellow or blue and for fire orange,red or blue(If you payed attention at school you know what I mean).

Since BCVM got you on the fire, let me bring the lightning.
Yellow is the generic color for lightning, but there are other colors that would work for electricity:
Blue, as you mentioned
Violet
Green, the color of burning copper
Black
Red
White

All of these have some connection with electricity in some way, but the true color of electricity is that there is none, as it is energy not in the visible spectrum of light.

ForteAnly

I'm still not to fond of the evolutions of the Isshu water starter and grass starter. The new bat like pokemon looks strange but not so bad same thing goes for the pokemon next to the right of Jessie.

Spatial Master

Spatial Trainer
why'd they make another bat anyway? seem kinda pointless
;169; totally rocks

Im guessing if they get rid of zubat that the batish pokemon will be its replacement

pkmn trainer chris

A heat source at the highest possible level of heating before/during melting is white. Certainly you've heard the phrase "white hot"? Seen something superheated to the point where it has turned white? Anything like that?

Again, color is not a universal correlation with a type. We could sit here all day and list every Pokémon to have a hue that doesn't match that of their type. Heaven forbid Reshiram and Zekrom be two of those.

Sorry i'm from Belgium and the only phrase i ever heard of such kind was something with a bird and a worm ^_^

I agree but partly.Somewhere it would make more sense, I mean Zapdos and Raikou are yellow and in my eyes that turbine looks more like a drill of some sort.
Also that hue i cannot directly find at the fire and electric group PoKéMoN, Houndour(+evo) and numel are the only one who are not truly orange or red yet houndour is of course primarily dark and still has a bit red and numel is part ground and looks like a vulcano.

Come to think of it who says that phrase exists in Japan?

Sponge

I know these are real, but this Generation is weird in terms of how things are being revealed. First we get new Pokemon in a random video, and now some sketches. Makes me wonder what Pokemon will be in the next Coro Coro. I mean, we are getting Pokemon from all sorts of media. It's rather odd, but cool I guess.

It makes me think that there must be going to be a lot more new pokemon than in previous generations with the rate all these pokemon are appearing at. :eek:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
It makes me think that there must be going to be a lot more new pokemon than in previous generations with the rate all these pokemon are appearing at. :eek:

Well that rumor about having about 150 new Pokemon is most likely true now, so... yeah.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Well that rumor about having about 150 new Pokemon is most likely true now, so... yeah.

Well, not really. So far only 14 have still be officially revealed, plus 8 from the video. And then 4 that have been leaked that we're not supposed to know about and (especially in the case of the starter evos) probably won't see official art/announcement of until post-release and thus probably won't see Pokabu's evo until then either (unless we get another leak).

On that note, for those people saying Tsutarja and it's evolution look too similar here's a side by side comparison between the sugimori art for tsutarja and the best fan art for it's evo that I can find.

tutarja.png

(It's a bad cut out of the art, but sue me it's just to prove a point).

Doesn't look much more similar than say, Cyndaquil --> Quilava, imo.

Last edited:

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
I'm kinda intrigued about the tsutaja's evo. the leaves on it's back are shaped like godzilla's spikes

-squeals like the Godzilla fanboy I am- It just got 1000x more awesome.

Mijumaru's evo looks kinda the same, but then again... -looks at Ivysaur-

I hope the bat thing replaces Zubat as the typical cave-dwelling bat.

That's my two cents for the day.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well, not really. So far only 14 have still be officially revealed, plus 8 from the video. And then 4 that have been leaked that we're not supposed to know about and (especially in the case of the starter evos) probably won't see official art/announcement of until post-release and thus probably won't see Pokabu's evo until then either (unless we get another leak).

I was saying the 150 rumor was true because it came alongside the one saying the Professor was female and that there would be triple battles. So I assume this rumor is true as well. (It also said the evil team was Team Plasma and that silohuettes for the legendary trio looked like a dog, cotton, and a bipedal animal)

hitoshura0

I was saying the 150 rumor was true because it came alongside the one saying the Professor was female and that there would be triple battles. So I assume this rumor is true as well. (It also said the evil team was Team Plasma and that silohuettes for the legendary trio looked like a dog, cotton, and a bipedal animal)

Well seeing as you can fail 7 out of 10 times as a hitter in MLB and still be called "good" doesn't change the fact you have a 70% chance of failure. They may have just gotten lucky, that's all. Lets wait for substantial evidence before we call it fact.

Chimchar15

I'm sorry for all of you zubat/golbat/crobat fans but I really hope this new bat replaces zubat in the Isshu region pokedex. It' s so freaking annoying running into to the same zubat over and over and over again. If I'm going to run into the same Pokemon like that at least switch it up every other region or so. The new Pokemon by Iris looks pretty sweet as well. I'm loving the evolutions for Mijimaru and Tsutaaja. I can't wait to see Pokabu's when the games are released.

Mecha-Meowthinator

Magikarp Maniac
I don't think the new bat pokemon should replaced Zubat for good. Zubat should be mixed with the new bat pokemon to ad variety. If the new bat is all you're running in to, it'll be just like Zubat. If you run into both of them, then that will prevent the "Zubat Effect".

[Super_Fjord]

Is a college kid.
Sorry i'm from Belgium and the only phrase i ever heard of such kind was something with a bird and a worm ^_^

I agree but partly.Somewhere it would make more sense, I mean Zapdos and Raikou are yellow and in my eyes that turbine looks more like a drill of some sort.
Also that hue i cannot directly find at the fire and electric group PoKéMoN, Houndour(+evo) and numel are the only one who are not truly orange or red yet houndour is of course primarily dark and still has a bit red and numel is part ground and looks like a vulcano.

Well, "white hot" has less to do with the phrase and more to do with scientific fact. In the case of stars, the hottest stars are white, and then descend the spectrum from violet to red, which are generally the coolest in temperature. That being said, "cool" is relative to those superhot white stars.

Also, flames can be any number of colors based on the substance in which they are produced. Flames produced from burning silicon are a different color than flames produced from burning hydrogen, sulphate, uranium, etc.

So, really, it's all largely irrelevant. Visually, most people would imagine red, orange, and yellow as being artistically related to the matter of fire and heat. But, in actuality, flames can span the entire visible spectrum in terms of which light they produce from incinerating a material.

As to whether any of this influenced the artists in their designing of Reshiram--I kind of doubt it. I find it more likely they just selected a type after designing the legendary which fit the theme of "Black/White". And instead of choosing a generic Normal/Flying or Dragon/Flying type, which is typical of such a generically colored design, they decided to be a bit crazy and make it a Fire/Dragon.

BCVM22

It's a phrase based on physics. If you heat something to a certain extreme point, it will turn white. It's universal. There is no language barrier. How in all hell can there be any ambiguity about this?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well seeing as you can fail 7 out of 10 times as a hitter in MLB and still be called "good" doesn't change the fact you have a 70% chance of failure. They may have just gotten lucky, that's all. Lets wait for substantial evidence before we call it fact.

Getting both the female professor, her name, and triple battles right? They'd have to be pretty damn lucky for that to be just a lucky guess.

Of course, this dosen't mean the other stuff is confirmed... but I'd say it's a pretty safe bet at this point.

For reference, here's the rumor as summed up by Pokebeach in this post

Pokebeach said:
In related news, rumors have been circulating on Japanese forum 2ch concerning the contents of this month’s CoroCoro magazine. Last month, rumors of the magazine’s contents also circulated a few days before the scans were leaked, and many of them turned out to be true. Current rumors hold that Black and White’s professor is female and named Araragi, that the evil team is named Team Plasma, that there will be triple battles, that there are around 150 new Pokemon, and that the silhouettes of the region’s legendary trio look like cotton, a dog, and a bipedal animal. Remember how we posted the three starter Pokemon’s names before they were ever officially confirmed? The source we used also has this information, so it may turn out to be true.

hitoshura0

Getting both the female professor, her name, and triple battles right? They'd have to be pretty damn lucky for that to be just a lucky guess.

Of course, this dosen't mean the other stuff is confirmed... but I'd say it's a pretty safe bet at this point.

For reference, here's the rumor as summed up by Pokebeach in this post

Again your dealing with rumors and missing my point. This is for Confirmed information, so why not wait until it is confirmed to discuss it here. At this point, that is pure speculation.

Gus Portual

Slateport Ranger
LOVE the Mijumaru evo. It's less cute, but it exudes awesomeness.

Can't wait for the third form!!

PS Bat is BADASS. I know we're all going to be tired of it by the time we play the game and have to fight it 600000 times in a cave, but it looks rad!

DoleWhip

Well, after roaming the forums for two years now, it seemed like now was a good time to post.
I'm not going to comment on any of the new Pokemon yet though I honestly like them all. They're definitely different from the past generations, but I see that as a good thing. In my eyes this generation is shaping up to be a very good one
On the topic of the new mijumaru evolution, how is it that people are comparing it to Marshtomp? I see no similarities whatsoever, besides both being bipedal and water types
marshtompcomparison.png
Honestly, I can't stop seeing Marshtomp when I look at that thing. It was the first thing that came to my mind.

-The dot-like eyes
-The weird fin-like thing on their heads
-General body shape (although the arms and feet are different)

While I'm not a fan of the resemblance to Marshtomp (just my opinion), I would be happier with Mjumaru's evo if it turns out to be speedy. The water starter has been the slowest every time (besides Empoleon, who was barely faster than Torterra), and I think a sea otter could move quickly.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Again your dealing with rumors and missing my point. This is for Confirmed information, so why not wait until it is confirmed to discuss it here. At this point, that is pure speculation.

How is it pure speculation when it has all the aforementioned evidence going for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.