• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadedPolaris

Feeesssshhh
I think the yellow blob we're seeing on Shikijika's head might be the beginning of antlers, rather than hair or a flower. It is rather cute, and I am a sucker for cute.

Which is why I'm not digging on Miruhoggu...

Grei

not the color
Miruhoggu It's creepier that there are two side-by-side. I won't be using it, so I don't particularly care how odd it looks, but I'm sure there's a good enough reason for it looking this way.
Normal-type, or Normal/Fighting.

Shikijika I love it! It's so cute. I'm hoping this is like Budew, only for Stantler. An evo for Stantler'd be cool, but if it's just a pre-evo (or even unrelated), I might use it.
Normal-type.

Swan/Stork Pokemon I'm glad we finally got one (regardless of if it's a stork or swan). I'd prefer if it's a swan but I don't really care. I may use it over Wargle, though it's unlikely.
Normal/Flying, although I think Water/Flying is possible.

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
The stork is just... eh for me. Nothing special.

Miruhoggu is actually kinda cool. It does remind me a little of the Cat in the Hat, but I think it's a cool design. And for whoever suggested a Disney trend... can anyone say Timon?

Shikijika is quite obviously a pre-evo of Stantler. Both are deer, both have yellow things on their heads, and on a less decisive note, the Shi appears in both of their names (Shikijika and Odoshishi). I know, terrible evidence, but I think it's fairly ovious.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The stork is just... eh for me. Nothing special.

Miruhoggu is actually kinda cool. It does remind me a little of the Cat in the Hat, but I think it's a cool design. And for whoever suggested a Disney trend... can anyone say Timon?

Shikijika is quite obviously a pre-evo of Stantler. Both are deer, both have yellow things on their heads, and on a less decisive note, the Shi appears in both of their names (Shikijika and Odoshishi). I know, terrible evidence, but I think it's fairly ovious.

Well from what I understand "shika" means deer.

No one is to be honest.

I've seen several people who like it.

gliscor&yanmega

Miruhoggu-Sure seems odd. I think it might be a dual type. Normal for sure. Either Normal/Ground, or Normal/Fighting.

Shikijika-I'm pretty sure it's going to be Stantler's pre evolution. Normal type.

Swan/Stork Pokemon-Possibly Farfetch'd evolution. Goes from ugly to beautiful. Probably Normal/Flying, maybe Water/Flying.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
I thought I saw that Swan in Digimon before, It was named Swanmon or something simple like that.

So, we have a 'Boarmon'(Pokabu line, hopefully) and a 'Swanmon'(this new swan). The zebra could be classed as 'ShimaUnimon', and hopefully Bambi will end up a 'Moosemon'...

*_* I can have a team of digis in pokemon!! My dreams are finally coming true!!

Horizon

Fufufufufu...
Shikijika: Very cute, obviously a pre-evo of Stantler. Maybe Stantler will get an evo too, and if it does I'll use it on my team.

Miruhoggu: I actually think its sort of cute in a weird way. Maybe it's because they're standing next to each other, with a metitative look to them. For whatever reason, Miruhoggu is better than it's pre-evo.

Swan: Meh... nothing special. I'm thinking it's probably going to provide the same role Chatot did in gen IV.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Munna=Dumbo
Shikijika=Bambi
Chillarmy= Mickey Mouse?

Am I the only one who is noticing a pattern?

And it goes on!

Minezumi: Chip and Dale
Miruhog: Timon
Pokabu's probable evolution: Pumba
Hihidaruma: Rafiki! (Hihi means Baboon, which is what Rafiki is, besides that, they both look raging mad xD) Himbuala ham banana!
Mecrock: The croc from Peter Pan?

Did you know that Disney also has an hotel named Swan?? Coincidence, I think not!

A good amount is mainly based on animals and plants and bugs.

Don't forget mythical creatures.. like a phoenix, dragons etc..

But mainly the swan pokemon looks pretty cool but just like tsjara(Cant spell his name) and his evo meneizumi's evo looks like a strecheted out version of meneizumi.

I just hope they have more meat to them then just being stretched out versions.. I found Zigzagoon to Linoone and Bidoof to Bibarel not to big a differences, these new two rodents have equally little differences: A new print across the body and a relativily similar design. It's just something that comes with the territory I guess. Though the weird switch from chipmunk to what seems to be a meerkat is somewhat odd.

Manchee

extra toasty
Miruhoggu - Eh. Like I said, I don't really even like it's pre-evo. I might end up catching one just to see if it grows on me or ends up being good. It reminds me of a Furret with a combination of strange from Bidoof. Once I saw it I thought it would turn out to be not well-like by most people like how Bidoof was :/

Shikijika - If this is in fact a Stantler pre-evo, I hope its all Stantler gets. Making it have a cute little pre-evolution is awesome, and will make more people have them and not forget so much about it, but I think if Stantler got an evolution it wouldn't be good. Roselia had potential to become something cool, but Stantler doesn't have that appeal to me.

Swan/Stork Pokemon - This is my favorite out of the three that were released. I was hoping an opposite of Wargle turned up so that I wouldn't have to only use Mamepato's evolutionary line. I don't care if this new Pokémon has an pre-evolutions or regular evolutions, I'm getting one ;D

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
Okay, I think that Shikijika is a pre evo of Shimama... It's rather out there, but there face shapes and their noses are EXACTLY the same. If it's not that I can see it split-evolving into either Shimama or Stantler since to me it shares qualities of both. I'm mostly thinking that Pokemon from past generations are going to be fewer, so I see it as less likely to be related to Stantler.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I'm sure the game will look fine on my DS while I'm playing it, but for right now I really, really would prefer to look at the Sugimori Art for these Pokemon.

At the moment they look grainy and zoomed in. They're constantly moving so I can't get a good read on their detail. The swan looks like auxilary art and has that goofy crap on it. So I wait patiently for Coro-Coro.

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
Stantler needs an evolution badly. Having a pre-evo and no evo would be very useless, kind of like Chimecho and it's useless pre-evo (and I expect Chimecho to evolve this gen)

martinn94

Prepare For Trouble
Miruhoggu- Ehh, he's just another Raticate, Bibarel sort of guy. Kind of reminds me of Timon from Lion King :D

Swan- I like it! It reminds me of the simpler times with Generation 1 Pokemon like Seel or Growlithe that are just super-powered animals. I'm hoping it's related to Farfetch'd, maybe that horn is it's little weapon that it uses to use attacks like Hyper Voice or Sing.

Litte Dear- Just like I said before, brings me back to simpler Pokemon, maybe it is a baby Stantler! I kind of want Stantler to get the Roselia deal, I can imagine him evolving into some giant moose with like moss going down it's back and enormous horns.

turtwig217

I've never wanted to import a game more before this one. It's almost unfathomable to me how this game and Diamond and Pearl are on the same system. But after watching the whole video, I'm im awe. Anyway, here are my thoughts:
I'm not crazy about any of the three new Pokemon, Shikijika is cute, Miruhoggu is weird, and the swan is boring.
The crowning ceremony of N at the beginning looks promising, and it looked like a castle was coming out of the ground, which is weird, but again cool.
The 3D renditions of Reshiram and Zekrom both look great, so do the fire and lightning around them. Then at the end when they're attacking looks sweet.
Wargle appeared with the starters and Chillarmy, so it looks like it's becoming another mascot for the region, but I'm not sure.
I like the look of that giant factory, hopefully the buildings and side quests are all really big.
Haha it's about time there's a real black person.
I really like the look of Team Plasma, kinda like knights.
Then the C Gear and High Link get even more confusing to me. I'm sure I'll use it, but I probably won't understand it until then.
I like the size of the Isshu map, looks like 14 towns and cities, with around 20 points of interest, and 5 big bridges (the up raisings in the routes).
It is pretty cool that you change into a delivery man outfit when you're on a mission, it made me laugh.
Now Pokemon Musical looks like a lot of fun. I love how the items have specific locations, you can't just throw them on in any which way. I love the dancing stuff and how they turn around and stuff. I also really like the scenery. Stating the obvious but the 3D in game is just beautiful time and time again.
The feeling check kinda seems poinless to me, just a useless gimmick, but whatever.
I'm not sure if it was exactly how it worked, but it LOOKED like it wasn't necessary to go to the Pokemon Center to do battle and trade with infa-red, which is interesting, and definately cool. It also makes a lot of sense.
The Dream World is weird, but whatever, if it gets useful I might use it. I suspect events might come to be used with it.
The PokeShifter thing looks cool. Definately a step down from PalPark, but oh well.
Actual seasons applying to the game is incredible, and now that i think about it, not too difficult, its still only four seasons, some of which don't have to be that much different from the others.
White forest looks amazing, just saying that and Rankurosu might just convince me to get White.
The Battle Subway is an awesome addition. No big city like Hiun City would be complete without a Subway, so I hope it's there. The huge terminal of Subways looks incredible.
I don't know what that was when the player character was fired out of the cannon, but I'm sure it's part of some side quest or gym challenge.
And again there's Victini floating in. Or flying in. Just sayin.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Swan- I like it! It reminds me of the simpler times with Generation 1 Pokemon like Seel or Growlithe that are just super-powered animals. I'm hoping it's related to Farfetch'd, maybe that horn is it's little weapon that it uses to use attacks like Hyper Voice or Sing.

It may be reference to a trumpet swan, but I think that trumpet is just part of the costumes they are all in, not part of the actual Pokemon like Farfetch'd and its stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.