• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icing Sugar

im gonna miss the old pokemon gamefreak is making them look retarded im sure itll still be fun to play but they are making some weird pokemon. im a future trainer of that grass starter in bw im doing that cause i heard it evolves to a dragon type is it true?????? please reply and could someone tell me how to hook my ds up to wifi if someone does ill battle you if u want i train dragonite, ampharos, typhlosion, kingdra ,snorlax and ,mewtwo ill probobly lose im still working on kanto and red so.. yea
I think the grass starter's final evolution will be grass/poison (if it's still a snake) and since it has at least one poison attack confirmed, makes me think about that.

Okay

Burmy & Pineco

Well both are bagworms with very different appearances.
Both Burmy and Pineco are bagworm larvae, Pineco evolves into Forretress which is just another bagworm, but living inside the discarded remains of what looks like a horse chestnut. Whilst Burmy evolves into either Mothim or Wormadam, Mothim is based on a bagworm moth, which only fully matures when male, which is why burmy can only evolve into mothim if male, and if it's not male, it keeps it's coat and evolves into wormadam.

uh, pineco is a pinecone, the other is a wierd bug

i see a lot of differences

It's not, Burmy and Pineco are both bagworms.
Pineco is just a bagworm, in a pinecone.
And it get's it explosive qualities, because apparently pinecones look similar to hand grenades. o_O

Last edited:

Josiah

is your favorite
I think the popular theory is that "normally" Pokemon wouldn't lay their base forms for protective reasons. Incenses relax them.
I prefer my explanation more, honestly. I don't think it makes much sense for animals to be able to control their own biological functions.
Also the incenses can be a good way to get around the item clause, or a replacement for a similar item.
Forgive me for my lack of competitive knowledge, but wouldn't the only ones of much use be Lax and Full incense? I thought type-enhancing items weren't all that popular. Also, why bother with an item clause if you're goinna allow items with the same function?
Burmy & Pineco
They don't share the physical similarities that the two deer do, which is kinda important to the argument.

R_N

They don't share the physical similarities that the two deer do, which is kinda important to the argument.

Sure they do. Burmy looks more like an even more larval bagworm, just getting it coat together.
Then, with Pineco, the coat has "solidified", and then culminates in Foretress.

But alright, a few other examples: Plusle & Minun. They look a lot like Pikachu. But they weren't, for example, split evos of Pichu.

Or better yet, Kricketot. I distinctly remember when it was first revealed that virtually everyone was convinced that it was a Volbeat/Illumise pre-evo.

edit: for reference I'm referring to Burmy & Kricketot in the Gen 4 pre-release period, before we knew what they became.
I can't really remember when Plusle & Minun were revealed, though.

Josiah

is your favorite
Sure they do. Burmy looks more like an even more larval bagworm, just getting it coat together.
Then, with Pineco, the coat has "solidified", and then culminates in Foretress.
I don't really agree with that. Burmy has a head whereas the other two are pretty much only heads. Burmy also has a visible mouth and that spiral on its head. To me at least, they look about as different as their concept allows.
But alright, a few other examples: Plusle & Minun. They look a lot like Pikachu. But they weren't, for example, split evos of Pichu.

Or better yet, Kricketot. I distinctly remember when it was first revealed that virtually everyone was convinced that it was a Volbeat/Illumise pre-evo.
Those I can agree with. There was also a lot of Shinx/Aipom speculation when the sillhouette had just been released. Although with Pikachu, Plusle and Minun were pretty unlikely to be related from the get-go. He already had a full evolution line and I doubt that they would want to give Pikachu split evolutions, given that he is the mascot.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A lot of people thought Kricketot was an elf, actually.

Really? I was under the impression that people thought it was another pre-evolution, possibly from Illumise or Volbeat lol.

kibago.gif

Anyway, moving on to this Pokemon, Kibago, the Tusk Pokemon. First time I saw it I just thought "nothing special" but my opinion changed. I actually know what it's name stems from, apparently "kiba" meaning "fang". I noticed that the new girl from the Black and White anime gets one and it does look charming. Kind of like a Totodile only a bit more dragony. I like that it's a Dragon type since usually all the Dragon type Pokemon get pushed to the back until the games are actually released. It's one of the few Pokemon I like despite the fact that it looks similar to some past Pokemon, design-wise.

GetThunderStruck

venomous wisdom.
Well, when he was revealed we had seen the overworld art for the whole region, and the mountain was very apparent. I guess we thought he was gonna be like a lil elf living in the mountain. I have some of the first images of him saved still, including an animated version of what we assumed the elf would be like.

R_N

Well, when he was revealed we had seen the overworld art for the whole region, and the mountain was very apparent. I guess we thought he was gonna be like a lil elf living in the mountain. I have some of the first images of him saved still, including an animated version of what we assumed the elf would be like.
What

No one thought it was an elf.
It was two camps: pre-evo or new
I never saw anyone say "elf"

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Really? I was under the impression that people thought it was another pre-evolution, possibly from Illumise or Volbeat lol.

Yup. I thought it would be the hermaphrodite reletive of the two, personally.

V Faction

www.faction.com
kibago.gif

Anyway, moving on to this Pokemon, Kibago, the Tusk Pokemon. First time I saw it I just thought "nothing special" but my opinion changed. I actually know what it's name stems from, apparently "kiba" meaning "fang". I noticed that the new girl from the Black and White anime gets one and it does look charming. Kind of like a Totodile only a bit more dragony. I like that it's a Dragon type since usually all the Dragon type Pokemon get pushed to the back until the games are actually released. It's one of the few Pokemon I like despite the fact that it looks similar to some past Pokemon, design-wise.
When it was first revealed (in the Best Wishes concept art) it was hard to tell exactly what it was. Personally, my first impression was that of an insectoid. Its eyes weren't filled in, so they felt really compoundish, like a fly's. The tusks looked like mandibles.

Now, it's official art just makes me picture it wearing a huge dental retainer.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
When it was first revealed (in the Best Wishes concept art) it was hard to tell exactly what it was. Personally, my first impression was that of an insectoid. Its eyes weren't filled in, so they felt really compoundish, like a fly's. The tusks looked like mandibles.

Now, it's official art just makes me picture it wearing a huge dental retainer.

That'sh precishely what I shought when I first shaw it. The thing looksh like it shpeaksh with a lishp.

All joking aside, it does kinda look charming, though. Like Gible, only cuter. Not Dratini cute, but still kinda cute. I like that little bugger.

Politoed trainer

Dasutodasu Trainer
I think the Best Wishes picture of crazy chipmunk made him look a LOT cooler. Does any one who watches anime recognize what move little fluffy bat used?

Oh and also I think Kibago will evolve into those giant teeth~things. The way a boy with a huge head grows into it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Cyaeron

Oh and also I think Kibago will evolve into those giant teeth~things. The way a boy with a huge head grows into it.

Thoughts?

Giant teeth things? Like tusks or sabers? xD

I kinda hope that Kibago evolves into Ononokusu.. I just like both of their designs. x3 However.. I'm not sure how likely that is, since their designs are so different. I'm guessing that Kibago will probably wind up with a body type like Tyranitar or Aggron.. but it'd be great if its final evolution had tusks. :D

EDIT! I went back and looked at Ononokusu's sprite, and I found that like Kibago, it has protrusions from its mouth, but they're more like axes. Well! I've just been given further hope. xD

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
I hope so too. Being part dragon would really be awesome and a first in a starter being part dragon. Unlike poor Charizard who clearly has dragon characteristics but got doomed with being a flying type.

I'm not so hot on a starter having a 4x weakness to Ice.

Politoed trainer

Dasutodasu Trainer
Giant teeth things? Like tusks or sabers? xD

I kinda hope that Kibago evolves into Ononokusu.. I just like both of their designs. x3 However.. I'm not sure how likely that is, since their designs are so different. I'm guessing that Kibago will probably wind up with a body type like Tyranitar or Aggron.. but it'd be great if its final evolution had tusks. :D

EDIT! I went back and looked at Ononokusu's sprite, and I found that like Kibago, it has protrusions from its mouth, but they're more like axes. Well! I've just been given further hope. xD

My thing is Kibago just doesn't look like it'll become Ononokusu IMO. But we can't really tell the Ononosuku's sprite is pretty blurry.

And thank you Snowy Articuno for answering my question.

ijea4444

Human stupidity is endless. If you noticed in my post, I added, "Personally" and "In my opinion" which means this is JUST what I think about Stantler. So yes, because I don't like Stantler I think an evo would be totally useless. *rolls eyes*

That's a horrible way of thinking. "All bad Pokemon should get an evolution". Think about the real world. Not all animals are amazing fighting machines. Not all HUMANS are smart, or have any intelligence or contribution to society. All Pokemon shouldn't be useable in some way. I'm sure there are people who like Stantler and use the Pokemon because it's their favorite. I use Pokemon otherwise considered of little use, because I LIKE them. And I don't want them to get evo's or anything, because I like the way they are, flaws and all. Every Pokemon does not need to become a fighting monster.

I know that. I just PERSONALLY dislike the idea. I think better Pokemon could get an evolution. Notice, it's what I THINK, rather than me stating my opinion as FACT. Read a post before making hasty replies. It makes you look like an idiot.

Whoa there. You want pokemon to be like the real world? This is an fictional series and is no way limited to what "the real world" is.

Pokemon is a game made to fight with, having useless pokemon means they are never going to be used. So they should do something about it even if its a small gimmick. And don't give me the " if someone likes it they'll use it!" fudge, because I don't know about you but i've never seen a farfetch'd, delibird, luvdisc, stantler, carnivine, luminion, etc in battles. And i've battled on the random PBR battles, on people from youtube. serebii, smogon, marriland, and other various battling sites since 2007 when DP was released in the US.

R_N

I've seen a few Carnivines & Stantlers.

And at least one Lumineon.

edit: But yeah, never seen a Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, or Delibird.
Some just suck too much to be useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.