• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Like Torterra?

In Fused's defense, he probably doesn't like the idea of any starter having a 4x weakness. And perhaps Tsutarja is the starter he likes, so it's a turn off that it'll have a 4x weakness if it indeed turned out to be part dragon (very unlikely).

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
In Fused's defense, he probably doesn't like the idea of any starter having a 4x weakness. And perhaps Tsutarja is the starter he likes, so it's a turn off that it'll have a 4x weakness if it indeed turned out to be part dragon (very unlikely).

Actually Pokabu is my favorite but...

I was kinda surprised that Torterra had a 4x weakness (which made it something of a turn-off for me, though I didn't really like Turtwig to begin with.) And as for team building goes, you don't really like having Pokemon with 4x weaknesses, or you want something which can take out that weakness, which in Sinnoh were Fire-types, which were pretty much nonexistant.

But as §Suicune§ said, any starter getting the Dragon type is highly unlikely. If any of them should have had it, it was Charizard, but he got slapped with Flying.

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Charizard - 4x weakness to Rock
Swampert - 4x weakness to Grass
Torterra - 4x weakness to Ice

I support the idea that Tsutaja's final evo will be Grass/Dragon and so, just like three other starters, will have a 4x weakness regardless of being a starter.

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
Venusaur - 4x weakness to Bug

I support the idea that Tsutaja's final evo will be Grass/Dragon and so, just like four other starters, will have a 4x weakness regardless of being a starter.

Although I'd love its final evolution to be Grass/Dragon, I'm thinking it's going to be Grass/Dark, mainly because of its second stage from the Beta art.

Grei

not the color
I'm not so hot on a starter having a 4x weakness to Ice.

The Dragon-type is such a super-powered type, though. It really is a powerful type, and even with a 4x weakness to Ice, Tsutarja may not be doomed to disuse if it had the Dragon type as it's Secondary type.

However, it's far more likely to be doomed to disuse if it becomes Grass/Flying. Flying isn't nearly as powerful as Dragon.

Venusaur - 4x weakness to Bug

I support the idea that Tsutaja's final evo will be Grass/Dragon and so, just like three other starters, will have a 4x weakness regardless of being a starter.

By that logic, Pokabu will be the one with a 4x weakness (Fire/Ground?). Grass-Fire-Water-Grass-Fire.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Although I'd love its final evolution to be Grass/Dragon, I'm thinking it's going to be Grass/Dark, mainly because of its second stage from the Beta art.

Actually, I don't think you should use the beta art as evidence to its typing. The dark color that you see could simply be the shading technique that was used, but the scanner made it look black.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
The Dragon-type is such a super-powered type, though. It really is a powerful type, and even with a 4x weakness to Ice, Tsutarja may not be doomed to disuse if it had the Dragon type as it's Secondary type.

However, it's far more likely to be doomed to disuse if it becomes Grass/Flying. Flying isn't nearly as powerful as Dragon.

I didn't intend for it to sound that, by giving dragon type to Tsutarja's evolution line, it would be a bad idea because it would give them a 4x weakness. The "highly unlikely" part of my post meant, as you said, dragon type is a considered a powerful, special type and I couldn't see it going to one of the starters.

Not to say it's not possible, but I highly doubt it.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

As I said, I'm mostly turned off if there is no way to counter that 4x weakness. Kanto had Water and Grass galore, and Hoenn came with a decent amount of Fire types to counter Charizard's and Swampert's weaknesses. In the case of Torterra, Ice is weak to Fire (which was limited to basically Ponyta) Fighting (Machop is the earliest) Steel (Bronzor is the earliest, but with poor attack stats) and Rock, which were fairly common in Sinnoh, and when I picked Turtwig in Pearl, I did make sure to catch and Onix. However, when it came to building teams, Infernape and Empoleon were better starters as they were more resilient (Empoleon's resistances are the most ideal). So while Torterra wasn't the worst... Empoleon and Infernape seemed more resilient.

Either way...

Because Dragon is such a powerful type, it seems unlikely that they would give it to a starter Pokemon. Like I said, if any starter was worthy of the Dragon-type, it was Charizard, but...

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
#12493 Today, 9:06 PM
§Suicune§
Supreme Battle Frontier Champion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grei

I didn't intend for it to sound that, by giving dragon type to Tsutarja's evolution line, it would be a bad idea because it would give them a 4x weakness. The "highly unlikely" part of my post meant, as you said, dragon type is a considered a powerful, special type and I couldn't see it going to one of the starters.

Not to say it's not possible, but I highly doubt it.

yeah i sincerly agree with you there

does anyone think that since mijumaru can learn revenge he will be a part fighting type?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
yeah i sincerly agree with you there

does anyone think that since mijumaru can learn revenge he will be a part fighting type?

I'm not going to say that the otter line cannot be fighting type, but I will tell you that guessing the typing of Pokemon due to the moves it has will not give you an accurate representation of its typing. There are plenty of Pokemon that are not fighting that know Revenge.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

No. Several Pokemon, including starters, can learn moves not of their type. Besides, it only used one Fighting-type move, which isn't enough to make a safe assumption.

I would like mijumaru to gain the Fighting type, but I can't read too much into what isn't there.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
SO the move he was using in the vid was revenge... i knew it lol. Maybe it is a sign it will have fighting type. We havent had a water/fighting type since like gen 1 (since poliwrath is the only one unless im missing someone)

I hope the musical thing is better then contests

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
How would that work, if Tsutarja ended up Grass/Dragon and Mijumaru Water/Ice? Would that ruin the balance between the three starters?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
SO the move he was using in the vid was revenge... i knew it lol. Maybe it is a sign it will have fighting type. We havent had a water/fighting type since like gen 1 (since poliwrath is the only one unless im missing someone)

I hope the musical thing is better then contests

As I said a little earlier, basing the type of a Pokemon due to a move it has will not give you an accurate representation of the Pokemon's type.

mr.tyranitar

THE Trainer...
Or, the pokemon being a snake, may appear as grass/poison as well... Tsutaja is causing a stir right now.. Waiting to ATLEAST see its 2nd evo in a full blown picture :]

As I've said in Smogon...

Dragon Rage Charmander makes sense as it IS a Dragon, at least as its Egg Group. Same thing with Turtwig learning Withdraw, Totodile learning Bite and Torchic/Piplup learning Peck, while a case could also be made for Chikorita, a Grass-type, after all, getting Poisonpowder, and Squirtle, a turtle, learning Bite.

Of course, it doesn't mean Mijumaru WILL evolve to a Water/Fighting; Qwilfish, Hippowdon, Regigigas and Forretress learn the move for zero flavor reason, and Treecko learns Pursuit also with not much reason. However, I would say this surely increases its chances. From the looks of it, Mijumaru will either become a badass Water/Fighting, or will be an exception.

It doesn't matter in the end because Tsutarja will evolve to a Dragon or Electric pokémon and thus be highly superior, hahah suck it otter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.