• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

^ It was a joke. I'm mad that the abilities they were talking about was from the movie though.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
who says that because the 4th gen storyline was so big that the 5th Gen has to have something ultimately epic-er to top it? They obviously aren't running out of ideas if there is a 5th Generation Duh...
And who says they can't go back to a less huge storyline, there's a lot they could do, light and dark, environment, perhaps a Pokemon from space comes and someone is trying to capture it cause it has a special ability!???? see there's heaps they could do...

Silver_Seoul

^Well that was kind of a Deoxys moment. True, he wasn't an in-game plot. But...reminded me too much of an existing Pokemon. I get where you're coming from though.

scythemantis

Creepy crawly
Does anyone else think that 5 generations of Pokemon is too much? I mean, I'm all for new Pokemon games - played just about every single one, including Ranger, *shudders* - but 5 generations?! That's almost 700 Pokemon! We're never gonna "catch em' all" at this rate! Give us a break, Satoshi!

Are you kidding? How can you ever possibly have TOO MANY of the creatures the entire franchise is about?! There are hundreds and hundreds of awesome animals and mythical beings that don't yet have Pokemon equivalents, and it's been years since gen 4. There are only so many ways existing pokemon can be used.

Other video game franchises have plenty more then 700 monsters. Digimon has, what, a thousand? Nobody seems to have a problem with that. "Catching them all" is a boring and silly goal anyway, does anybody really bother to catch anything other than the pokemon they like the most or need for their team?

I cannot wait to see what new creatures will be represented. Since generation 1 I've had a long list of favorite animals - all pretty well-known and common animals at that - which STILL don't have pokemon!

rocky505

Deoxys and Jirachi have come from space covered. Maybe the two legendaries could have something to do with the north and south poles.

rocky505

As long as you can trade it's pretty easy to get all 493.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
awww man v.v i was hoping for more zoroark and zorua info. Got to wait another month.... well i hope we get loads of Gen V and zoroark zorua info

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Are you kidding? How can you ever possibly have TOO MANY of the creatures the entire franchise is about?! There are hundreds and hundreds of awesome animals and mythical beings that don't yet have Pokemon equivalents, and it's been years since gen 4. There are only so many ways existing pokemon can be used.

Other video game franchises have plenty more then 700 monsters. Digimon has, what, a thousand? Nobody seems to have a problem with that. "Catching them all" is a boring and silly goal anyway, does anybody really bother to catch anything other than the pokemon they like the most or need for their team?

I cannot wait to see what new creatures will be represented. Since generation 1 I've had a long list of favorite animals - all pretty well-known and common animals at that - which STILL don't have pokemon!
Digimon lost count around 2000 different things that can evolve and devolve, and splitvolve, fusion, defusion, transform, in to god knows how many versions of one monster. And that's not counting that almost anything can go into almost anything back into amlost anything again.

Aggression

Mew isn't Jesus, Arceus isn't God, I doubt Giratina is a devil and I doubt there will ever be a devil Pokemon. Religion does not correspond with Pokemon. There'd be way too many complications.

Now, OnTopic: Eh. not too much new info. Zorua on Z'Ark's shoulder does make them appear a bit...wide-spread? Not sure how to explain...It's not the same feeling as earlier people who thought there needed to be a middle stage between these two...but it's a similar vibe. Not saying it should, could, or would. As I realize they wouldn't keep a 1st stage between the basic and 2nd stage hidden. But Z'Ark just looks a lot...bigger than I originally thought him out to be.

Arceus is definitely god, he's billions of years old, invincible(as long as he has his plates) and he invented the dragon/lake trio. As far as god goes I'd say creating the universe is pretty up there...

Giratina, though not directly stated, is devilish. Renegade, reverse world, ghost, these all point to hell. Death, pollution, renegade angel. Do the math.

Last edited:

Aggression

He's the god of Sinnoh and that's it.

Did you even watch the movie? He said he created the universe and then went into a long slumber. It's possible that only sinnoh has seen arceus. As stated/shown in the movie, sinnoh was crap before arceus and the man who recieved the jewel of life created a shrine to him as thanks. He's definitely god, there's no arguing it anymore.

rocky505

Have you not noticed just because it said that doesn't mean it's god. For all we know there's a pokemon that no one knows of that created Arceus. Arceus is god of Sinnoh and that's it.

I'm really happy that's Zoroark and Zorua's ability has been recognised to be to change into different beings. Also I'm glad to see that Corocoro is going to be focusing on the Gen V Games in their next issue.

Have you not noticed just because it said that doesn't mean it's god. For all we know there's a pokemon that no one knows of that created Arceus. Arceus is god of Sinnoh and that's it.

Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon, Alpha (Αλφα) is the first letter in the greek alphabet, so it kind of hints that Arceus is the first Pokémon, well God. However Arceus did used to be an egg floating, so it's kind of which came first, the Chicken or the egg.

But they fifth Gen is coming soon, so they've gotta make something to top Arceus.

rocky505

If they do make another Pokemon like Arceus it will most likely be an Omega.

They have to top Arceus. Having an Alpha Pokemon with no Omega Pokemon is stupid.

It wouldn't go straight to 'Omega', Arceus is a God, and is the Alpha Pokemon. I can see the God's of the Pokemon World being potrayed as *insert Greek Letter here* Pokemon, so the next one would be Beta.

Αα Alpha
Ββ Beta
Γγ Gamma
Δδ Delta
Εε Epsilon
Ζζ Zeta
Ηη Eta
Θθ Theta
Ιι Iota
Κκ Kappa
Λλ Lambda i
Μμ Mu
Νν Nu
Ξξ Xi
Οο Omicron
Ππ Pi
Ρρ Rho
Σσς Sigma
Ττ Tau
Υυ Upsilon
Φφ Phi
Χχ Chi
Ψψ Psi
Ωω Omega

That would be alot of Gens tho :|

Aggression

It's classification shows it's the first pkmn ever. It said it created the universe. It's billions of years old. It can phase through solid objects. It can be any type. It's immortal and invincible(anime, in games it's not for obvious reasons). All dex entries point it it being god. It created earth and can make planets flourish. It created time, space and dimension. There's an Arceus event in Jhoto(HG/SS), which proves it's not just recognized in Sinnoh.

Yet somehow it's not god according to you. Sir, please gtho and good day.

Aggression

It wouldn't go straight to 'Omega', Arceus is a God, and is the Alpha Pokemon. I can see the God's of the Pokemon World being potrayed as *insert Greek Letter here* Pokemon, so the next one would be Beta.

Αα Alpha
Ββ Beta
Γγ Gamma
Δδ Delta
Εε Epsilon
Ζζ Zeta
Ηη Eta
Θθ Theta
Ιι Iota
Κκ Kappa
Λλ Lambda i
Μμ Mu
Νν Nu
Ξξ Xi
Οο Omicron
Ππ Pi
Ρρ Rho
Σσς Sigma
Ττ Tau
Υυ Upsilon
Φφ Phi
Χχ Chi
Ψψ Psi
Ωω Omega

That would be alot of Gens tho :|

Not true, maybe Omega but most of those are unown shapes. That would be too many gods. It's like how the digimon universe has like 50 gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.