• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omastar ftw!

I wonder....................

R_N

Didn't they give us our first screens of HG/SS?

The 5 second clip, yes. But the big announcement was supposed to be the games themselves.

Nintendo beat them to the punch a few days before it.

Everything else CoroCoro got first, or was revealed on the main-site itself.
One time I think Oha Shuta got a few things first.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
i can't wait till next month's corocoro... i wanna at least know what these new games r NAMED.
Yeah, their name can reveal us more things about the generation. In D/P we could have known that this world's two legendaries are from the space.
Maybe Pokemon Sunday will actually get to reveal something first this time!

[spoil]ahahahahahahahahahahahaha[/spoil]
I thought that only next month they will reveal something new. What is the next pokemon sunday should reveal?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
When it comes to the 5th gen, I'm actually expecting Oho Shuta to bring out the goods first. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the damn bomb on the games like how they did with the recent trailer.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Grei

not the color
...don't fret everyone, its only a month, its not long at all, now we have something to look forward too :)

We had something to look forward to in this issue, too. Yet we got pretty much nothing 5th-Gen related.

Mew isn't Jesus, Arceus isn't God, I doubt Giratina is a devil and I doubt there will ever be a devil Pokemon. Religion does not correspond with Pokemon. There'd be way too many complications.

Sure it does.

From the Let's do what John Lennon did: Imagine thread:
I thought that since you're a Pokemon fan on SPPF, you could recall examples yourself. But here:

Moltres: Pheonix (Christian)
Houndour/Houndoom: Hellhound (Christian/Greek)
Ho-Oh: Fènghuáng (the immortal phoenix of China).
Groudon: Behemoth (Hebrew)
Kyogre: Leviathan (Hebrew)
Lucario: Anubis (Egyptian)
Giratina: Basilisk (Christian) Also, Giratina is called the Rebellion Pokemon in Japanese, and the Renegade Pokemon in translations. I've always viewed this as indication that he's a sort of Lucifer Pokemon, even though people will constantly tell you "Pokemon is not in any way based off of Christianity!" even though it dabbles in other religions...
Arceus: Quilin/Pangu (Chinese creation deity)

Plus one could see various trinities in Arceus/Palkia/Dialga or Palkia/Dialga/Giratina.

Religion isn't totally separate from Pokemon. A lot of Pokemon get inspiration from various religious figures.
And honestly, I'd expect Christianity to be in there simply because it's such a commonly-practiced religion.

They have to top Arceus. Having an Alpha Pokemon with no Omega Pokemon is stupid.

No, they really don't. Just because they have an Alpha Pokemon doesn't mean there needs to be a Pokemon that's better and more important than it in Generation V.

I agree with somebody about a 'Destroyer' Pokemon, though, to contrast Arceus, the 'Creator'. But it's not like there needs to be a Beta or Gamma or Omega Pokemon to top Arceus--nowhere is it said that each Generation needs to completely top the previous one.

R_N

So... what happened to Sunday? They didn't reveal anything?

Of course not, otherwise they would have mentioned something last week.
And since no one has said anything about what they plan on showing next week, I'm going to assume next week won't bring the reveals either

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Of course not, otherwise they would have mentioned something last week.
And since no one has said anything about what they plan on showing next week, I'm going to assume next week won't bring the reveals either

I meant this week; today.

Status
Not open for further replies.