• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
Seriously, you people choose Pokémon based on their looks? I thought the criteria was the type, the stats, the moveset, the best for in-game, the best for E4, or the best overall...but seems like I was wrong.

Is that supposed... to make us feel bad?

And anyway, we're angry that our favorite Starters got evolutions that look horrible. If Mijumaru's final form was a standalone or the final form of another line, I'd be perfectly happy with it and would consider not getting Mijumaru just to use it on my team.

But Mijumaru being related to that thing really just ruins it. It looks awful and it takes the bi-pedal fighter design of Mijumaru's evolution and gives it a 180. It's disgusting. I hope we see different art of it that shows it can stand on two legs or... can do something it's previous forms could do. As of now it's just sickening.

Tsutarja's final evo looks horrid but I'd still use it if I had intended on ever using Tsutarja, which I don't.

Pokabu's evolution doesn't bother me too much. I foresee another Fire/Fighting type and that annoys me, but Pokabu's focus on HP and Attack resembles my favorite type of Pokemon, so I may use it (since when the Starters were first shown, I was dead set on Pokabu anyway).

fakeaugustcoro.jpg

is this real?

No, it's a fake. Confirmed fake a long time ago.

aa_623

I really hope that the evolutions are fake. I just don't like the way they look. I like the concept of the Tsutarja's final evo, but something just looks off about it. I actually don't mind Pokabu's final evo all that much (it's hard to tell from that picture), but it's next stage bothers me. I don't mind them becoming bipedal, just as long as they're not Fire/Fighting. We need something new. As for Mijumaru's final evo, I'm not a big fan. I just don't feel like fits in too well it's earlier forms. Also that giant shell on it's head looks ridiculous.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
THE FIRE PIG'S EVO IS GOD AWFUL! the grass snake is ok and i have to say the water guy looks great and based on right now hes my choice GO SEA OTTER UNICORN THINGIES!!!!

but dont forget we alos got two new pokemon today as well the fire and water monkeys i have to say i love the idea and id definently get the fire monkey over the fire pig btw even his first evolution is a flaming *** (pun intended) ps i allways had a gut feeling the fire pig was going to look awful when i first saw its image and it turns out IM RIGHT game freak just go on the serebii forums listen to their ideas put some of them on and youll have a great game

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
..... since i never hate new Pokemon i will be ok with the final evos of all three of them (if this is real) Would be awesome if the real final starters were reveled to be similar to the fakes but way better.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
I'm upset. Each starter had immense potential, but it almost seems like they all failed.

Tsutarja's evolutions are actually the only ones I can't complain about. I wasn't going to choose him anyway, though.

Pokabu's evolutions are extremely dissapointing. Why couldn't he have stayed a quadruped? Now, his second evolution looks like a wrestler, indicating the fire/fighting type. His top evolution aslo reminds me of Rhyperior. The arms and body.

Mijumaru's second evolution is fine, one of my favorites, but his top evolution is not what I had expected, or hoped for. I believe Grei said it (and I agree), that if his top evolution was of a different chain, then it would be fine. I just can't see how they connect.

I was going to choose between Pokabu and Mijumaru, but now I just don't know, or care.

shac

At this point I see little hope, but I still want them to be fakes. I will get used to them in time I guess. I remember how I hated the Sinnoh starters final forms. i hated that Empoleon looked like it was in a royal suit, and hated that torterra is unsymmetrical. But in time I have learnt to love them. Empoleon became one of the best starter design in my eyes. So I guess with time I will start to love them too. But really! There was so much potential - I still can't let go of the idea of a ninja-shell-otter pokemon.

Stardust .

I hope when I wake up in a few hours, they will be confirmed fake and my life will become better.

But that won't probably happen till the game or Cocoro leaks -.-

So far, I hate all the evolutions for the starter pokemon.

So by the time I get to the Elite Four 4, I'll have this team

Mamepato's final Evo.
Tsatuja (Idk how to spell it)
Mijumaru
And others..

There's no way in bejebus I'm evolving them into them pieces of *CENSORED*

Psikid

仮面の男
Retailers often get replica game boxes in advance for promotional purposes.

Alternatively, they could all be grass monkeys as their names all have references to plants in them.

Yanappu --> Yanagi (willow) + Ape
Hiyappu --> Hiyashinsu (hyacinth) + Ape
Baoppu --> Baobabu (baobab) + Ape

I hadn't considered that, but you make a great point about the three apes! The baobab is known for its ability to store large quantity of water, so perhaps Baoppu is a Grass-Water hybrid. Dunno about hyacinth in terms of flames, but maybe it's a play on "fire" (hi) + "hyacinth"...? I'm still trying to wrap my head around a Grass-Fire Pokémon, though. :D

is this real?

No--and not only because of the fake artwork, but because the Japanese is wrong throughout the "scan."

Klever

Blaze Trainer
I have to be completely honest when I say I'm torn over the supposed starter evos. Tsutaja has been my "last resort" from the beginning and seeing the final form he may be chosen. The unexpected color change to white just looks amazing to me! Smugleaf -> Slyvine-> Snaking (Snake and King). Now Pokabu... I instantly loved him as soon as he was revealed. But his evolutions!! I find both of them disgusting. To me it's like 4th gen fire starter all over again. Monferno had a purple unibrow and this new one just doesn't appeal. I grew to be fond of Infernape and after seeing an alleged backsprite of Pokabu's final form, I may still choose him. I just pray that it does not become fire/fighting. If it is fire/dark then it will be a close running for all three. And finally, Mijumaru. I can't say i like the coloration of the Giant Otter, but i do like the design of him. I laugh that everyone was like "mijumaru he's cute and he better get cool evo's" but now everyone has tossed him aside like trash. His third evo is in the middle ground for me. But I have one question for you to ponder: How does it use shell blade? Miju's signature move, and the only thing i can see is the conch shell horn thing.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
you've done it again game freak you tore the heart of your dieheart fans and ripped it into tiny pieces man gamefreaks lucky they have such loyal fans

Fast_shoesXx

I love the starter evolutions. Personally, I would have no problem using any of the three starters (a rare occurrence).

I forget what website I read the following information from - thus I can't blame anyone for disregarding me on this one - but apparently the starters final forms are as follows:

Fire Pig: Fire/Dark
Grass Snake: Grass/Dragon
Water Otter: Water/Fighting

It seems believable to me. A Fire/Dark is definitely welcomed over another Fire/Fighting. A part-Dragon starter may have seemed outrageous in Gens 1 and 2, but considering the frailty of Grass and the broken starter traditions of Gen 4 (Torterra had advantages over both Empoleon and Infernape, etc.) I think it's possible.

As for Water/Fighting, bring it on. Haven't had one of those since Gen 1.

I'll work on providing that link..

FlyAsADunsparce

Noooo!!!!! WHyyyyyyyy???

I was soo hoping they were fake. They're horrible. They all had so much potential and they kinda ruined it. I'm still hoping they're fake.

Really Otter -> Otter -> Water Horse Unicorn Walrein

Pokabu (it's so awesome) -> fuglyness -> please kill me

Tsutaja's line is the best IMO. It makes sense.

Please be fake, please!!

Slimslamer

Guys, these evolutions are obviously fake. Like I'm going to be honest, with the exception of Smugleaf's line, none of them really match up. There is rhyme and reason to starter evolutions. Even Torchic, who probably had the most radcally changed second evolution out of any of the starters, had some clear similarities and a reasonable transition to blaziken. I might have believed Boarbeque's evolutions were real, although it is somewhat suspicious that the firestarter would turn out fire/fighting again (2 generations in a row makes sense but 3 is pushing it. This also indicates that whoever made these fakes was simply going with the percieved trend). However, Mijumaru's final evolution looks more like a digimon change (looking monsterous and having only passing resemblance to previous forms) than a pokeon one, and I'm suspicious about his second evolution's color scheme (His face should probably be white). I am willing to bet money that these are fakes.

Psikid

仮面の男
To clarify, since some people still seem kind of upset about the starters being "confirmed," the screenshot posted on that Spanish website is FAKE. As mentioned, the picture shows the back sprite of Pokabu's alleged final evolution, but the name above its health bar is Mijumaru (ミジュマル), meaning that it is clearly a fabrication.

Starters still have not been confirmed--don't panic just yet.

SupaKawaii

So what I'm Gay ♪♀
12835916678531.png

As you can see it looks like the Fire Starters Evo from behind fighting against a not yet to be revealed pokemon, and the pokemon in this image looks very much so like the pokemon contest pokemon that's main body was covered by a mask.

Phantom champion Z

Is that supposed... to make us feel bad?

And anyway, we're angry that our favorite Starters got evolutions that look horrible. If Mijumaru's final form was a standalone or the final form of another line, I'd be perfectly happy with it and would consider not getting Mijumaru just to use it on my team.

But Mijumaru being related to that thing really just ruins it. It looks awful and it takes the bi-pedal fighter design of Mijumaru's evolution and gives it a 180. It's disgusting. I hope we see different art of it that shows it can stand on two legs or... can do something it's previous forms could do. As of now it's just sickening.

Tsutarja's final evo looks horrid but I'd still use it if I had intended on ever using Tsutarja, which I don't.

Pokabu's evolution doesn't bother me too much. I foresee another Fire/Fighting type and that annoys me, but Pokabu's focus on HP and Attack resembles my favorite type of Pokemon, so I may use it (since when the Starters were first shown, I was dead set on Pokabu anyway).

No, it's a fake. Confirmed fake a long time ago.

I agree. This is the first time i have ever hated a new pokemon. I still belive they are fake. It just seems weird that they have pictures of the evos together like that without the entire family. It just doesnt add up to me; i can't explain it.

If these final evolutions are real, Game Freak's done their job. They've attracted the populace's attention. I'm sure everybody was complaining when the Sinnoh starters final stages were first unveiled at first, too. Just picture it:5th gen starter final evolutions finally revealed: Venusaur, Blastoise and Charizard. People would be whining about how simplistic they look, and how they can't possibly be real. Honestly, that's what would happen. If these are real, you'll all get over it in a month or two. Promise.

As for the Monkey trio, I'm a bit puzzled as to why we would have another Fire monkey, but maybe Dento and his red and blue haired friends each have one of the monkeys, and you have to battle them each individually, and then you receive the badge? All in a row, like the Winstrates.

Wargle

Yes it is fake - the name on it says mijumaru for the pokabu evolution -_-

Yepp and http://pokejungle.net/
confirms it says Mijumaru:
Just found this picture on 4ch, I previously said the picture could possibly be real, but upon further inspection the text above the HP gauge says “Mijumaru”. So it’s a defininte fake. :/ Allthough because this is fake, it does give the starter evos a higher chance of also being fake as well.

Fast_shoesXx

Guys, these evolutions are obviously fake. Like I'm going to be honest, with the exception of Smugleaf's line, none of them really match up. There is rhyme and reason to starter evolutions. Even Torchic, who probably had the most radcally changed second evolution out of any of the starters, had some clear similarities and a reasonable transition to blaziken. I might have believed Boarbeque's evolutions were real, although it is somewhat suspicious that the firestarter would turn out fire/fighting again (2 generations in a row makes sense but 3 is pushing it. This also indicates that whoever made these fakes was simply going with the percieved trend). However, Mijumaru's final evolution looks more like a digimon change (looking monsterous and having only passing resemblance to previous forms) than a pokeon one, and I'm suspicious about his second evolution's color scheme (His face should probably be white). I am willing to bet money that these are fakes.

There are many similarities:

Pokabu does not look so radical from Stage 2 if it were bipedal;
note the transformation of its' tail & ears throughout the three stages;
colour scheme remains throughout all three evolutions with minor differences.

Mijumaru: Sea shell on chest > Stage Two's leg plates > Stage Three armor;
note the tail fin transformations from Stage 1 > 3;
note the whiskers from Stage 2 > 3
(also, Stage 2 was revealed on that scrap piece of scanned paper that also revealed the Psy/Fly Bat long ago)

The grass snake's similarities are obvious enough.

As you said, compare Torchic and Blaziken. Nobody could have expected that. Just enough reason to support Mijumaru and Stage 3.

Lastly, where is your logic in having Fire/Fighting for two Gens in a row "making sense", but three Gens in a row just blowing everything to hell? Last I checked, there is no regulation or "sense-o-meter" for that kind of thing. Even so, it could be Fire/Dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.