• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HokkaidoMaster

God I hate Pokabu's Evolutions. Is there anyone who really likes it?

Mijumaru's final form looks too different from its original concept. It showed no signs of becoming a quadroped, and I really can't see it being Water/Fighting now. (I still think these are fake, and I know everyone in the fandom is thinking the same thing.)

Tsutarja's is...all right, actually. I mean, not what I'd have expected before. But this will be the one that I choose, if these turn out to be real. (GOD I HOPE NOT!)

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
yeah the quality isnt the best and gamefreak always has creative starters dont let the flame die out

ForteAnly

It's funny how people hate on the new starter evolutions now but once they are proven real and are in fact in the game. You will have people saying they are the best starter evolutions ever.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
God I hate Pokabu's Evolutions. Is there anyone who really likes it?
my little brother likes it but he says he likes the grass guy the best

Lagiacrus

The only thing I don't like about Pokabu's 2nd evo is it's face. It looks too cartoon-like. It's 3rd evo doesn't bother me.

My problem with Mijumaru's evos are that they don't really look similar. Maybe if they changed the shade of blue on them, they'd look better to me.

Wargle

kn7.png

Ok heres some proof its fake HP of Pokabu is 139 while his bacon monster evo has 137 HP
And the most IMPORTANT thing its name in the picture say Mijumaru and confirmed on http://pokejungle.net/ that it says Mijumaru so with this shines a little hope of light for us who want a samurai otter final evo.

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
It's funny how people hate on the new starter evolutions now but once they are proven real and are in fact in the game. You will have people saying they are the best starter evolutions ever.

Says someone on a forum with people who still hate Torterra/Infernape/Empoleon, or even RSE starters sometimes.

Psikid

仮面の男
As you can see it looks like the Fire Starters Evo from behind fighting against a not yet to be revealed pokemon, and the pokemon in this image looks very much so like the pokemon contest pokemon that's main body was covered by a mask.

Just explained why the picture was fake... -__-;

Yepp and http://pokejungle.net/
confirms it says Mijumaru:
Just found this picture on 4ch, I previously said the picture could possibly be real, but upon further inspection the text above the HP gauge says “Mijumaru”. So it’s a defininte fake. :/ Allthough because this is fake, it does give the starter evos a higher chance of also being fake as well.

Appreciate the reiteration, lol.

ForteAnly

Says someone on a forum with people who still hate Torterra/Infernape/Empoleon, or even RSE starters sometimes.

I do agree with you that people still hate those evolutions even after so many years but I was trying to say that some people do that. They dislike them at first and after playing the game some end up liking the designs.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Mijimaru's evolution makes sense in an animalistic sense. I once went to Reaseheath to have a facility tour, and they had otters there. We weren't allowed to touch them or go near them, however, because the keepers said that they were absolutely vicious; if you didn't go in with steel-toed boots, they'd probably chew your toes off. O_O

And the final evo does look vicious...

Last edited:

Chimchar15

Yes the pic is a fake people. Not the actual Pokemon. Some saw the art and tried to make and in-game look for it. The actual starters are still most likely real.

I have 19 pet snakes and a great love of herpetology, so for once my choice of starter has been decided in advance not because of how well it looks or stacks up against the others but on what it is modeled after. When I first saw the grass starter, I hadn't a clue what kind of final evolution it would have; other than a small feeling that it would lose its limbs and actually look like a snake. But now that I have seen its final form, all I can say is AWESOME! I had kinda been hoping for a cobra or rattlesnake with Grass/Poison typing, but this is just epic.

As for the fire evolutions; I am very disappointed. I was looking forward to some raging boar with flames all down its back or erupting from its nostrils, not some shogun-looking thing. Plus, this means that after five generations, the creators still won't let me have a quadrupedal final form for a Fire starter.

The water evolutions are great in my view. Just like the grass starter, all along I had been clueless about what the final form of the water starter could possibly look like; his first form is just too adorable, so there was no way I could picture him becoming intimidating. The final form in that line definitely looks to me like a Water/Ice-type. It looks like a sea-lion with a conch-spear mounted on top of its head (maybe we will actually be seeing the first starter evolution capable of learning a OHKO move; Horn Drill).

My guesses for the types taken on by these evolutions areas follows (you try making a sentence with decent grammar after a start like that):
Grass: Grass/Dragon
Fire: Fire/Dark (oddly enough, all along that was my expectation for Pokabu)
Water: Water/Ice

Squaaah

I do agree with you that people still hate those evolutions even after so many years but I was trying to say that some people do that. They dislike them at first and after playing the game some end up liking the designs.

I agree with this. Alot of people hated the sinnoh evo's when they came out but alot of that hate has died down. Same with most pre-released pokemon, its just more intense with the starters as everyone gets one.

Personally, I really disliked all three when I first saw them, but now, while I still find Pokabu's evo's disappointing, they're not as ugly as I innitially thought, Tsutarja's evo actually looks quite elegant and I wouldnt mind having one, and quite frankly, considering I hated Mijumaru's evo at first, I've actually grown extremely fond of it, and its now my favourite of the three final forms 9even if it first glance it does look like quite a deviation from its original form).

Which leads me to a conundrum. While I really like Tsutarja's first and second stage, I much prefer Mijumaru's final stage, although I find its other two stages fairly unappealing, so now I have no idea which starter to choose :S.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
There are many similarities:

Pokabu does not look so radical from Stage 2 if it were bipedal;
note the transformation of its' tail & ears throughout the three stages;
colour scheme remains throughout all three evolutions with minor differences.

The tail goes from a red orb to a fluffy black scruffy something.. Then in the final evolution it goes to really scruffy and spikey. Where did the red thing go to? Makes no sense.

The ears, yeah, that's something all right.. But what about that yellow streak it has going up from it's nose? Totally gone, and nothing similar noticable in the evolutionary line.

Mijumaru: Sea shell on chest > Stage Two's leg plates > Stage Three armor;
note the tail fin transformations from Stage 1 > 3;
note the whiskers from Stage 2 > 3

Those two shells are on its belly, not its legs.. Yeah, and about that armor, Mijumaru uses the shell as a blade, now how can that third thing use blades at all? That doesn't make much sense doesn't it?

The whiskers is probably the only thing that stayed relatively the same and regular growth throughout the stages. I can see the REAL final evolution being a bipedal old ninja with those kinds of mustaches, but this thing is not the real thing.

The grass snake's similarities are obvious enough.

True..

As you said, compare Torchic and Blaziken. Nobody could have expected that. Just enough reason to support Mijumaru and Stage 3.

Uhhh.. Blaziken is fairly logical if you don't mind me saying: Chick, Chicken, Coqfighter. Combusken held most of the things Torchic had intact, as in the the head plumage, the beak, the colors, and when Torchic evolved they were just inversed and it just made for a larger, more grown out of its chickphase chicken. It also already gained that Fighting type at that time, so transitioning into a coqfighter made just a lot of sense. It never changed body form or anything. No starter ever did.

Torchic: Chicken, Chicken, Chicken
Mijumaru: Otter, Otter, Narwhale/Walrus/Otterish

The change from Torchic to Combusken is attributed to natural growth from a chick to chicken, and since there was already a set up for the third stage with the fighting type addition, it wasn't as far a stretch, au contraire regarding Mijumaru's full stage, since it just seems like a complete revision of the thing. With nothing bar, some shells (barely the same even) and whiskers...

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
I really like the alleged Pokabu evolution. It makes me think of the fat kid in The Nutty Professor, "Hercules! Hercules!"
I can imagine how he walks/waddles around with his little tank top. What a ham.

Manene!

As for the fire evolutions; I am very disappointed. I was looking forward to some raging boar with flames all down its back or erupting from its nostrils, not some shogun-looking thing. Plus, this means that after five generations, the creators still won't let me have a quadrupedal final form for a Fire starter.
While I'm not disappointed, I agree, like, I was hoping for Mamoswine-esque Fire Pokemon with a flamemohawk and maybe some tusks, potentially a nose-ring or something. A flame at the end of it's tail. I just hope it's not Fire/Fighting.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I guess it'll take some time for certain people to get used to them. I mean, they're here for about another 4 years until they disappear in the void of Generation 6 hype so there's nothing else to do. To be honest, I was looking forward to using Pokemon other than the Starters so maybe this is the Generation to start in. I think Mamepato, Kurumiru, and friends will still have interesting evolutions so I'll use those instead of the Isshu Starters.

Snegy

Doctor WHO?
I'm fairly disappointed with the starters' final evolutions.

I mean... The snake is almost OK, but it's just so Milotic.

AND FIRE/FIGHTING AGAIN? Seriously? :s COME ON.

The water one... Well, I don't know, seems too complex and too detailed.

Really, they could be really better... I'll just deal with it, however. But... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.