• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
... they're the exact same picture. Lower resolution mixed with pencil marks, anyone?

You're totally right, and so is everyone who took the time to examine the Koromori beta image and the current Koromori artwork. It's the same thing. Same goes for the Tsutarja and Mijumaru middle forms. He just likes to point out odd things like that for some reason, without doing the research properly. I wouldn't even try to source anime beta artwork for the argument myself, seeing as how the anime =/= games in almost all cases.

Last edited:

Sabonea_Masukippa

Pathetic

I'm annoyed.

When I first saw those evolutions, I immediately thought "FAKE! FAKE! FAKE AND GAY!" and I wondered why Serebii even considered them to be real. When he took them down, me and my friends were like "Yay! They're fake! Thank god!"

And now - THEY'RE BACK!?

And what's worse, is that Serebii thinks that they are legit. If they are real, then I just don't know what to do... :(

You can go on a long walk off a short pier. You are a freaking moron if you think it is ok to use the word "gay" in the way that you do, while my best friend can be bullied into depression and suicide by people who use that word like you do. You don't deserve to be alive, and he does.

And if you think that sounds harsh - go back four years and get me my freaking friend back.

Guys, I don't know what to think... they keep switching from more fake to more real...
Seriously, can someone who is knowledgeable answer me, what are the actual chances of this being real?

99.9%

Guys, these evolutions are obviously fake.

Yeah, 99.9% confirmed. 99.9%

Everyone complaining is a freaking moron. Get over it. We did this with 3rd and 4th Gen (and would have with 1st and 2nd had we had a forum back then). I'd have thought we were beyond garbage like this. Apparently not.

They're real.

Just because you didn't listen when I said to start getting used to them. Do you really think I would have said that if I wasn't at least 90% sure they were real? Please.

All this complaining makes me not want to bother doing translations anymore.

(Chimchar15, friend, at least you've kept your sanity).

Also, Tsuta3 and Miju3 and Poka2 are win. That is all.

Serebii, even you said on the main site there's a slim chance it could be wrong, so people are going to take advantage of that and start speculating.

Exodd

Maybe the Pokabu evolutions' tails are supposed to resemble smoke. Not sure why Pokabu's red ball would turn to smoke, though, and the tails also look like they have been used on other Pokemon (Glameow and something else). Also, there seems to be some white pixels around some edges on the supposed evolutions, as if they were edited. That might be because of resizing, though.

If Pokabu's evolution were a fire boar, the Digimon comparisons might start up again.

Boarmon.jpg

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
On 4chan, the Pokemon board found a picture of "Pokabu's final evo" in a battle against another Pokemon.

It was as fake as fake can be.

Was that the picture Serebii was using as evidence?
No, that's not the picture I used as evidence. I didn't use any picture as evidence.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
On 4chan, the Pokemon board found a picture of "Pokabu's final evo" in a battle against another Pokemon.

It was as fake as fake can be.

Was that the picture Serebii was using as evidence?
No, that's not the picture I used as evidence. I didn't use any picture as evidence.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
You can go on a long walk off a short pier. You are a freaking moron if you think it is ok to use the word "gay" in the way that you do, while my best friend can be bullied into depression and suicide by people who use that word like you do. You don't deserve to be alive, and he does.

And if you think that sounds harsh - go back four years and get me my freaking friend back.

Yeah, well **** you. I am gay.

Geekachu

'Oh that Tsutarja'is stupid because it has arms and legs!'

Now:

'Oh Tsutarja's final evo is stupid because it doesn't have arms and legs'

?

And as well with Mijumara, no-one used to liek him but now he's giving mudkip a run for it's money.

To be honest theyre growing on me, especially Mijumara's.

But not Pignite's. Bad Pignite.

Wow, the starter evolutions all look awful.. I was going to start with the grass one, because it looked the best of the three, but now I frankly don't want any of them.

Snegy

Doctor WHO?
grass evolution looks like milotic, fire/fighting again!? Thees evolutions suck!

Good GOD is there anything kids don't complain about anymore?

Complaining is different from being disappointed. I don't have the obligation to like everything. Especially if it's bad, like these.

Also, creativity matters. It's not that difficult to make a change, so WHY keep on bringing some standards back? The evolutions could be better and that's it, my opinion.

Everyone complaining is a freaking moron. Get over it.

I'm sorry? Can't people disagree about a thing? Do I have to love them because they're real -- otherwise, I'm stupid? Just DON'T. Stop right there, you are way outta line! That's PERSONAL TASTE. You and I differ a lot regarding these evolutions, but I respect your opinions. So, please, show some respect to people who don't like them. Thanks.

It's really funny, because this fandom is made of, like, the old users who think all the new ones are just kids who like to complain, spam, troll, etc. And the new ones who does it. AND others, who are lost in the middle and, yet, are classified as the stubborn children. And even more, who just can't be placed anywhere and, thus, are just ignored.

People just need to wake up the diversity and learn to read between the lines. Silly, really.

Last edited:

battlemaster123

so we have another fire/fighting type because if the water type starter is water/ice and the grass starter is grass/dragon then they all counther each other like in sinnoh

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
:/ sheesh i think everyone should stop. Just wait till the games are out... or when The main Black/White site exposes them (or coro coro which will be leaked sometime beween now and the 11th) :/ im tired of people arguing

Araleon

Chill
I don't want to get Serebii mad, but I do want to post my opinions. First of all, if these are real, I'm not disappointed. They could have been better, but I think people overspeculated their hopes for the evos.

Hmm. I dunno whether I believe this or not.

While Serebii is poisting these as almost true, Pokejungle has them as less true than that. Something about the fake picture lessening the chances of them being true.

Also, how would the starter evolutions get leaked, anyway? I doubt they're in any sort of merchandise, and why would an employee of Gamefreak working on a high profile game, screw up his life by leaking the three starters? Something about the premises of the leak is what's making me uncomfortable with these starters being posted on the main site. If Serebii would tell us who the contact is, then it might be a different story.

On to the designs.

I don't get why people are complaining about the Tsutarja evolutions, they look exactly like I would have anticipated. ALTHOUGH, the middle evolution looks suspiciously similar to this fanart.

So, that also makes me doubt the legitimacy of this leak. But, I do like the designs for Tsutarja, they kinda look part Electric, Flying, or Draogn, just as speculated.

On to Pokabu.

I gotta say, its evolutions being on two legs aggravates me. I was hoping for something like Pumba from The Lion King, and he'd be part Poison. I just... don't like the designs.

On to Mijumaru.

I still love this dude! Ever since May... 9? Mijumaru has beenmy favorite starter of all time. This hasn't changed. I hoestly had no idea what to expect form the final evolution, other than hopefully a samurai, but it still looks wicked. The color scheme of the second evo is different than expected, but not unwelcome. All in all, Miju3 could still be a Fighter, and either way it rocks. I'll always choose Mijumaru over any other starter.

Any way, that's just my two cents. The Tsu2 thing kinda threw me for a loop. I guess Pokekoks is an awesome guesser!

Sakrey

Caring Career
Funny, really.
It's hilarious how people can lose their coolness before those artworks.
And now that they are on the verge to be proven true, they are all going crazy saying nonsense stuff.

Fuhuhuhuh.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
Yeah, 99.9% confirmed. 99.9%

Everyone complaining is a freaking moron. Get over it. We did this with 3rd and 4th Gen (and would have with 1st and 2nd had we had a forum back then). I'd have thought we were beyond garbage like this. Apparently not.

They're real.

Just because you didn't listen when I said to start getting used to them. Do you really think I would have said that if I wasn't at least 90% sure they were real? Please.

All this complaining makes me not want to bother doing translations anymore.

(Chimchar15, friend, at least you've kept your sanity).

Also, Tsuta3 and Miju3 and Poka2 are win. That is all.

Frankly, it's really not fair of you to call everyone complaining a moron. Some of us simply don't like them but I personally want real reasons why Sugimori would do something so stupid as color something incorrectly or make numerous symmetry mistakes when we know damn well that he usually doesn't do this.

Your translating has absolutely nothing to do with people not believing these evolutions to be real, so I'm not entirely sure what your problem is. You can claim something to be real but just because someone doesn't believe you, and has evidence and reasoning for not believing you (or Serebii or anyone else for that matter) does not mean you need to feel personally insulted or whatever reasons you have for not wanting to translate things.

I'm sure Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon looked strange at first. I'm sure the designs didn't make a huge amount of sense in the beginning. But I'm also sure that they didn't have dumb mistakes like Empoleon's left-most trident point being considerably shorter than it's right-most one, or one of Infernape's knuckle gauntlets being larger than the other, or one of Torterra's toes being colored green. So in this case, it's a little different. Regardless of if these pieces of art are legit or not, there needs to be some sort of logical explanation for why there are these stupid, first-grade errors. Until that logical explanation presents itself I find no reason to stop being skeptical.

From what I can tell, this started because some Safari guy claimed them to be real, and then Pokexperto also backed him even though he was skeptical, and now Serebii is, too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please, because it sounds like if Safari is lying, everyone's been duped. This isn't saying Serebii is simply just believing Pokexperto or anything, but it all sounds like Safari's at the root of this.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
like Minun and Plusle ,i bet the monkey trio will not have a evo.

Like Minun and Plusle in Generation 3, I believe Yanappu and the other two elemental monkeys will be used to showcase the new battle mechanic, in this case, triple battles. It makes sense though, for Game Freak to add Yanappu, Hiyappu, and Baoppu as Pokemon that are the "gimmicks" for triple battles. It means they have something to fall back on later on when we encounter trainers who wish to triple battle; they already have three obvious choices of Pokemon to use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.