• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielsspeler

PipBoy

Another flaw in the images. If you look very closely at Poka2's claw you can see that it has been incorrectly coloured, and it is yellow.
http://i55.*******.com/qrzn6c.png
Not taking any sides here, I still think they could be real but they still seem slightly likely to be fake.

PipBoy

Another flaw in the images. If you look very closely at Poka2's claw you can see that it has been incorrectly coloured, and it is yellow.
Not taking any sides here, I still think they could be real but they still seem slightly likely to be fake.

Ultimate Glalie

It just looks yellow because of the poor quality of the image.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Man, reading through this thread is a chore. I'm jumping 10 pages to see what people are talking about at the moment, then going back through the trek.

Yannapu and his brothers, eh? I get the feeling we'll have another situation similar to Wormadam. If you look at the image that was posted with Boappu, his sprites looks exactly like Yannapu's, except for the colors. I can't say whether or not this proves all 3 Pokemon will be separate or if there's a gimmick to them, but I do think it's pretty cool for the first Gym.

Don't ask me why we're looking at those Pokemon from OUR side and fighting the starters.

Nielsspeler

Yea, I saw that to, and what's up with his feet? The left one is facing downwards and the other one is just horizontal. Strange.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
rumored-mijumaru-evos.jpg

Look at the 3rd Evolution's "white mustache". Why is the right mustache tail so much longer than the left mustache tail.

http://i55.*******.com/f4fi38.jpg

Also look here. Why is that right "hood talon" so much longer. Obviously it looks like it's supposed to form some sort of..."collar", but it doesn't...

...WAYYY too fake for me to believe. Too many errors, too much defies logic...

It depends upon the perspective that you're looking at the image. If someone's head is turned to the side, like the potential third water evo, then it's natural that the side of the mustache closest to the eye looks longer than the side that is one the opposite side and somewhat obscrued.

Same goes with the collar. It's hard to tell how big the collar actually is, since we're looking at the creature from the side. We would need a more direct shot to get an idea. As well, much of the back part of the collar can be obscured by the part of the collar that is closest to the eye.

Does that mean these images are real? I'm not sure. They look like pretty legit pictures, as well as two of the images following the beta art we had seen. You can tell they aren't Sugimori art, based on the style, so if it's real, it would have to come from some animator. I would trust that Serebii did some research before posting them to his site. So I think that they are either legit pics, or they're ideas that were presented for the evolutions. We'll have to wait for further comfirmation.

OtterPops

Mareep!
The starter evolutions look ridiculous.

Tsutaja and Mijumaru's first stages look fine, but that's because they've already been leaked. Tsutaja's third, Mijumaru's third, and Pokabu's whole line bar itself look horribly designed and do not match either the anime's nor Sugimori's official artwork. Take note of their horrible shading and color schemes.

The final stages look like mesh ups of random Pokemon. Pokabu's third = Magmortar, Rhyperior, Hariyama. Tsutaja's third = Milotic, random grass type. Mijumaru's third = some rehash of Dialga/looks exactly like the fake Swampert from Gen. 3.

I also find it hard to believe that they all change so drastically. Mijumaru's first and second evolutions are both bipedal, yet it evolves into a quadrupedal... thing? The same applies to Tsutaja's evolutons. Evolution favors bipeds over quadrupeds... why would they technically 'devolve'?

But what really makes me inclined to believe that they're fake is Mijumaru's and Tsutaja's third evolutions.

First, Mijumaru's: How do two otters turn into a narwhal? There has yet to be a starter that changes its species so drastically. They either gradually change or just get bigger. The transition from Mijumaru to Mijumaru's first stage is believable, but the jump to its second stage is RIDICULOUS. Not only does it lose its signature Shell Blade(s), but it becomes a completely different animal.

On the other hand, Tsutaja's third evolution's design is similar to its previous evolution, but its design is not practical. Starters are meant to have diverse movepools, and that simply is not possible if the Pokemon has no limbs.

For both these second stagers, they would have to LOSE moves in order to evolve. Let's say you teach Tsutaja or Mijumaru hand/limb based attacks such as Ice Punch or Doubleslap. How exactly would their third evolutions be able to utilize such attacks? There has yet to be a Pokemon that loses the ability to use certain moves on evolution. This is because there have yet to be any Pokemon that lose limbs or bipedal stature upon evolution.

Chimchar15

Yea, I saw that to, and what's up with his feet? The left one is facing downwards and the other one is just horizontal. Strange.

Umm it just looks like he's moving forward. You guys need to stop looking so desperate. This happens with every generation, you can't like every starter.

Suave Squirtle

Um, no.

What you think it's doing is this;

_o_

If it was, you'd be right. But the moustache is instead doing this;

\o/

This means that you can only see the start of it when turned.

And the leaves are not part of a collar, they're two seperate leaves on the exact opposite sides of the body!

Here's a simple example of what I'm referring to (the green lines on the first one indicate what is missing in the former, while pink does the same for the latter).

http://i51.*******.com/2qcmq1j.jpg
The mustache is too short for the angle to be the only factor.

http://i53.*******.com/11rbvo7.jpg
Using the yellow part of the collar to determine the width, it's left "collar" is too skinny to possibly have that much on it's inside as the one on it's right does. On the flipside, the collar on it's left has a far larger curl than the one on it's right.

Chardan

Yannapu and his brothers, eh? I get the feeling we'll have another situation similar to Wormadam. If you look at the image that was posted with Boappu, his sprites looks exactly like Yannapu's, except for the colors. I can't say whether or not this proves all 3 Pokemon will be separate or if there's a gimmick to them, but I do think it's pretty cool for the first Gym.

I would have said that too, but since they all have differing names to each other, they are not formes, and all take up a slot on the 'Dex.

You know, I have always come to love the starter Pokemon, regardless of type.

But this generally crappy creation of fire starters over the last two generations has me pretty ******.

To be honest, I used to like Chimchar and Pokabu, but there evolutions were so ridiculously ugly, they distracted me from their original starting design (more specifically to Pokabu's evo's).

The water starter and its evo's clearly have the best design, never thought a unicorn/otter could look so BAMF. Who cares if one side of his mustache looks a little bigger than the other? If anything, you should be happy to see this Pokemon after the repulsive fire starter evo's.

The grass starter had promise, but the final evo - the snake doesn't look threatening or cute, just kind of in the middle area of: couldn't care less. It looks really relaxed, but that's not a recipe for a good snake design. Too bad, it reminded me of Treeko, who was the coolest looking grass starter IMO, geckos/lizards do not threaten in real life, nor are they necessarily cute so his design worked quite well.

Of course Pokemon games will sell, and whether or not the starters are any good will not have any effect, but it would be nice to have the fire starters make a comeback from this horrible streak of ugly. Charmander, Cyndaquil, and Torchic along with their evolutionary lines have been some of my favorite (minus Combusken).

I only hope as a lover of Pokemon, I am not the only one with these opinions.

Ultimate Glalie

This is because there have yet to be any Pokemon that lose limbs or bipedal stature upon evolution.
Actually, there have been Pokemon like that. When Dusclops evolves into Dusknoir, it loses its legs. When Marshtomp evolves into Swampert it goes from being bipedal to being quadrupedal.

PipBoy

I have loved all Tsutaja's evo's after first seeing the picture, so if these are real my starter will be an easy choice. Also I quite like the second evo of Pokabu, but the third is horrendous, Mijamaru's second evo I also quite like but I have no words to describe the mess of the third evo they have created for it. It had so much potential which they have thrown away.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I also find it hard to believe that they all change so drastically. Mijumaru's first and second evolutions are both bipedal, yet it evolves into a quadrupedal... thing? The same applies to Tsutaja's evolutons. Evolution favors bipeds over quadrupeds... why would they technically 'devolve'?

This isn't the first time that a Pokemon that was bipedal evolved into a quadrupedal. While Cyndaquil would use its front legs at times, in the anime and later in the games, it was portrayed as being more bipedal. Yet it evolves into Quilava, which is a fully quadrupedal creature.

As for Tsutaja's evolutions, it would seem to follow the same pattern of evolution that snakes followed. Snakes supposed have short limbs millions of years ago, but as they evolved, those limbs eventually disappeared.

But what really makes me inclined to believe that they're fake is Mijumaru's and Tsutaja's third evolutions.

First, Mijumaru's: How do two otters turn into a narwhal? There has yet to be a starter that changes its species so drastically. They either gradually change or just get bigger. The transition from Mijumaru to Mijumaru's first stage is believable, but the jump to its second stage is RIDICULOUS. Not only does it lose its signature Shell Blade(s), but it becomes a completely different animal.

On the other hand, Tsutaja's third evolution's design is similar to its previous evolution, but its design is not practical. Starters are meant to have diverse movepools, and that simply is not possible if the Pokemon has no limbs.

For both these second stagers, they would have to LOSE moves in order to evolve. Let's say you teach Tsutaja or Mijumaru hand/limb based attacks such as Ice Punch or Doubleslap. How exactly would their third evolutions be able to utilize such attacks? There has yet to be a Pokemon that loses the ability to use certain moves on evolution. This is because there have yet to be any Pokemon that lose limbs or bipedal stature upon evolution.

We also don't know if Mijumaru's final evolution would always act a quadrupedal creature. It could be like Zoroark in the fact that it can move in either way. Not to mention that quadrupedals, like Metagross, can use punches. Tsutaja's evolution, as I already stated, seems to follow the evolution of snakes, so it is much more logical.

You also seem to assume that it's important to have limbs to fight. Look at Milotic, a pretty good battler, yet it has no limbs. As well, it appears that Tsutaja will be able to use vine attacks, as shown by the anime trailers, so that's practical. Not to mention that body design will have little to no impact on Special Attacks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.