• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge

There shouldn't be such a big fuss as there is about this really...

It's odd how sites like Serebii and Pokebeach....which I thought prided themselves in dealing with the facts, are posting about this when there doesn't seem to be any concrete proof that they're real to sure. There's just a sort of "trust us with this" vibe going on. :S

Silver_Seoul

I made those fakes. Yep, it's true. If you want proof just look at my username. See how suspicious it is? Bring on the celebrity status!

Yeah, anyone could claim they made it. But I seriously do hope that they're fakes. If Serebii is sure enough to put them on the confirmed Pokemon Page, though...

Sigh. Has there ever been anything that made the fandom go this crazy before?

Chardan

There shouldn't be such a big fuss as there is about this really...

It's odd how sites like Serebii and Pokebeach....which I thought prided themselves in dealing with the facts, are posting about this when there doesn't seem to be any concrete proof that they're real to sure. There's just a sort of "trust us with this" vibe going on. :S

Thing is, Serebii has trusted sources, who always provide concrete proof evidence. However, he cannot reveal them for the risk of losing his source, and also getting the source into trouble. So were just going to have to trust him on this I supose. He could know alot more than he's letting on, or nothing other than this info, so there is no way of knowing.

Just want everyone to remember:

EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET IS TRUE.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I think you mean Quilava. and if you do....

156Quilava.png

Try again

Yes, I meant Quilava, and my point still stands. The image that you show is a simple shot of the Pokemon. However, have you ever seen Quilava on two legs in the anime or anything? The point is that Quilava doesn't move around on two legs. It may be able to go up on them sure, just like meerkats and other animals. But it cannot walk on just two legs. That was the point that I was trying to make.

I agree that I would prefer to have a more legit source, so I'll reserve total judgement on them until we get official word.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Fake or not, Miju's final evo has actually grown on me o_O

Same goes to all of the new Pokemon actually XD Weird..usually I need to play the game before I get used to new Pokemon..

R_N

I think this is the first set of...anything, really...where multiple sets of people try to take credit for making something.

Wargle

In a commercial too pokemon sunday fpr BW show that Hihidaruma learns complete burn

Skydra

I have to say that if these are real, Pokabu's evolutions are the worst ever made. The final one looks like sh*t to me. However, the evolution of Tsutarja is great. However, I don't think that these are real because the final evolution of Mijimaru just isn't right. How do you evolve from an otter into a sea monster? It looks fine, but doesn't make sense.

Araleon

Chill
Wow. The more I look at Mijumaru's evolution, the more I really like it. I don't think it's a pure Water type. Water/Rock or Water/Fighting seems likely.

The Squirtle -> Wartortle -> Blastoise comparison actually really did shed some light on the situation. Except for the Pokabu line, which I'm sure will eventually grow on me, I like the evolutions. Not the rumored typings, however. Those I don't believe. Serebii hasn't posted the rumored typings, so I don't believe them.

Kamajama

Uhm. The only line that is even remotely acceptable is Tsutaja. The Pokabu line is just awful, plain and simple. A small otter to Dialga at the beach. wawawawaw. If these are real, Tsutaja will be what I'll go with... the first time I've ever picked a grass starter on the first go of a game.

There's more than enough evidence for me to believe there's a good chance that these evolutions are fake. The close up on the shell-spike of Shellspikemon appears to be heavily edited around it. I myself have edited many images and have seen that before---it comes with the territory of Photoshopping. So... let's hope these are fake. Those who support these evolutions are either SerebiiJoe who says, "YOU GUYS DONT TRUST ME. NEVER DO I SEE SUCH DISTRUST," or those that just support the Pokemon franchise in whichever direction it goes, no matter how obviously the fire and water lines fail.

Last edited:

GunSaberSeraph

Those Golden Days
To those of you still arguing over this: really? If Serebii is asserting the legitimacy of these starters, shouldn't it be time that you try to accept them as fact? Remember that these are anime cels, so there's a good chance that the sprites and Sugimori art will look quite different. I'm not thrilled about some of these, either--Mijumaru's final evolution, in particular--but we should all start trying to accept these. The game comes out in about two weeks, so hopefully we can manage it by then. XD

Heck no. We have a right to be skeptical about this. Absolutely no proof about this has been shown so far besides heresay.

Unless some plausible proof comes up, then I'd say its reasonable for someone to not believe any of this.

Psyburn

Golden Vet
Yes, I meant Quilava, and my point still stands. The image that you show is a simple shot of the Pokemon. However, have you ever seen Quilava on two legs in the anime or anything?

Spr_2c_156.gif

Indeed. And I doubt sugimori would just draw a "simple shot" for the hell of it if it went against the pokemon's own physiology.

And the anime? The same crap that allows ghost type moves to hit normal types? Yeah, i'm really gonna take that as fact of a pokemon's natural talents.

The point is that Quilava doesn't move around on two legs.
No, the point you were trying to make was that there was a bipedal pokemon that became fully (IE, completely) quadrupedal in it's evolution, meaning it could not use it's hind legs. Quite frankly, you'd have to be able to move in order to use Focus Punch, a move that can only be learned by naturally bipedal pokemon.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I do like the grass final evolution and the water final one (GASP! Did I say that?:p) Although Pokablu's evolution strikes weird to me, the last part anyways it's not really that great, so it could still be fake, I can't wait until all Pokemon are revealed so it's finally over

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Just a reminder to keep things civil here and not to shout as others as that's a seemingly likely thing to happen.

Also IMO Joe would only mention it's likely real if there was a reason for him to think so beyond what he thinks of their look, so people saying 'how can joe think they're real!?!?!' - he probably has his reasons. Cough.

I'll also add that every gen the starters or for any Pokemon revealed for that matter - both fake versions and the legit things when revealed - have had people shouting 'OMG REAL/FAKE' and 'AWESOME/UGLY' at them. Many times when people think things are fake they've turned out to be real, and vice versa - another case is the name Platinum for the third game for D/P when most people had convinced themselves it would be called Pokemon Opal.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
This whole starter thing has turned into a big disaster for the community. Thank God there's only two weeks left till release...

Just a reminder to keep things civil here and not to shout as others as that's a seemingly likely thing to happen.

Also IMO Joe would only mention it's likely real if there was a reason for him to think so beyond what he thinks of their look, so people saying 'how can joe think they're real!?!?!' - he probably has his reasons. Cough.

I'll also add that every gen the starters or for any Pokemon revealed for that matter - both fake versions and the legit things when revealed - have had people shouting 'OMG REAL/FAKE' and 'AWESOME/UGLY' at them. Many times when people think things are fake they've turned out to be real, and vice versa - another case is the name Platinum for the third game for D/P when most people had convinced themselves it would be called Pokemon Opal.

I happen to agree that Joe wouldn't post just anything as confirmed if they were not. He doesn't confirm speculation, and the site, 2ch, has been proven accurate in the past.

To me, the starters are tolerable...except for the fire evo's. God those things are horrible to look at.

Araleon

Chill
I've actually warmed up to Poka3. I saw a cool fanart. It doesn't seem like a fighting type though, seems more like a Dark or Poison to me, like I hoped.

Eventually everyone will warm up to the starters. The other day I was reading the Discovery Thread Response Thread to from when D/P were first realeased, and most people were convinced that Torterra wasn't real, and there was a lot of hate on Empoleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.