• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Looks like some Pokemon are causing a bit of controversy. Well I'm still glad that Game Freak took time out of their busy schedule to give us the first Bug-type Legendary. God I can't wait to see it's design. Apart from that, the only other Pokemon I'm looking forward to seeing is the Dragon/Ice-type that is rumored to be part of the Isshu Dragon trio.

Cecil Omega

Ok, not sure how legit this is but I guess the people over at Poke'Jungle just did some new translations of the Masuda interview in PokePia, and I guess it's confirmed. NO NEW EVOS OF OLD POKEMON

Take it with a grain of salt, but it speaks for itself, I guess Mamanbou is really a stand alone pokemon, and this will be the first entirely new pokemon gen since 1st gen .o.

-Salamence-

Hihidaruma's alternate form(Fire/Psychic)

[IMG139]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1048/coldmonkey.png[/IMG139]

Ok, not sure how legit this is but I guess the people over at Poke'Jungle just did some new translations of the Masuda interview in PokePia, and I guess it's confirmed. NO NEW EVOS OF OLD POKEMON

Take it with a grain of salt, but it speaks for itself, I guess Mamanbou is really a stand alone pokemon, and this will be the first entirely new pokemon gen since 1st gen .o.

Don't be so sure, there is mamnbou, remember? And it will be available in the game. so it's not confirmed at all.

Last edited:

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
I don't mind how many legendaries there are but how many uber legendaries. Imagine if the 4th gen had gave us 17 Uber legendaries instead of just giving us 8 Uber legends, 2 being Giratina.

totodile_man

Well, if true...I will be glad. There were too many evoulutions in the last generation.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I thought it was confirmed that they aren't in either Dex. Or was I mistaken? I thought I heard that somewhere, similar to Victini's case :S

They shouldnt be in the Isshu dex maybe, atleast not getting caught we may get a trainer with them.

Anyway Serebii confirmed that Victine is number 494 in the National dex before.

Serebii do you know and can you tell us whats the number of Zorua/Zoroark?

Lorde

Don't be so sure, there is mamnbou, remember? And it will be available in the game. so it's not confirmed at all.

Mamanbou is NOT confirmed to be related to any old Pokemon though. You cannot use that as an argument against his post at this time. Until there is an official source that claims Mamanbou is related to older Pokemon, it would be better not to assume it is.

KazMazter

Competitive
Does Victini's number mean he was originally supposed to be in D/P then?

That could be the case. I imagine there are quite a few knockbacks each generation that are used in the next. It probably reduces the workload somewhat when it comes to designing the next generation aswell.

As for that fire/psychic Hihidaruma, I think I'll stick the first one we saw. Is it just me or are there alot of alternate formes this time around?

dawn hater

Looks like some Pokemon are causing a bit of controversy. Well I'm still glad that Game Freak took time out of their busy schedule to give us the first Bug-type Legendary. God I can't wait to see it's design. Apart from that, the only other Pokemon I'm looking forward to seeing is the Dragon/Ice-type that is rumored to be part of the Isshu Dragon trio.

I think they are gonna pull a Giratina with it. Giratina was also placed a little farther from Dialga-Palkia in Sinnoh Dex.
I want to see all the legendaries specially these fighting trio(as people are calling them). Fighting type legendary would be interesting. Maybe they have some territory and fight anyone who comes into their one.
Anyone read Sugimori interview? He said Miju3 would have a sword of Shell and fight like a samurai. I wonder how Miju 3 which Serebii is proposing will fight like a Samurai.

B.Dragon

Melkor put this up in the comment section of the Legendary's revelation post:

A todos los trolls que piden que demos créditos a Serebii: He hablado con Joe y acordamos que iríamos de forma independiente sin guerras ni nada. Eso incluye reconocer que la otra parte tiene la misma info (bueno, no la misma, nosotros tenemos más) y que por eso no tiene por qué dar crédito.

Nosotros tenemos esa información desde hace semanas. No la hemos revelado porque queríamos ir poco a poco y no a mogollón. Pero si la otra fuente decide hacerla pública, nosotros hacemos lo mismo. Pero ella no es nuestra fuente, no la necesitamos.

Tampoco he visto que nadie le pidiera a SPP que diera crédito a PxP al asegurar que los starters eran ciertos, vivan los dobles raseros.

Pronto veréis que una imagen vale más que mil palabras.

To all trolls that ask us to give credit to Serebii: I have talked with Joe and we have agreed that we would go on independently and without starting any war. That includes each of us recognizing that the other has the same info (well, not the same, we have more) and because of that neither of us will give credit to the other.

We have had this information for some time now (weeks). We didn't reveal it because we wanted to do it slowly and not all at the same time. But if another source decides to publish it, we do the same. But they are not our source, we don't need that.

I have also nobody asking SPP to give credit to PxP when they confirmed that the starters [TN: I believe he meant starter's evos] were correct. Yay for double-standard.

Soon you will see that an image is worth a thousand words.

I do not mean anything by posting this. I am just translating it so that it is also available to people here and to make sure that both parts were really involved in the talk he mentions.

Last edited:

KazMazter

Competitive
Anyone read Sugimori interview? He said Miju3 would have a sword of Shell and fight like a samurai. I wonder how Miju 3 which Serebii is proposing will fight like a Samurai.

Yeah I saw it. I'm wondering that myself. Although alot of the fanart I've seen depicts Miju3 as quite an adept katana-wielder, I still can't really see it looking right.

Although, Sugimori is a design genius so I'm sure he'll make it work.

Lee-san

Limbo Messiah
Anybody else happy that we won't have any or only very few evolutions of old Pokemon in this generation?
In my opinion that was what made D/P one of the worst generations, Pokemon-wise, in addition to its 50 Legendaries.

Also, 1000 pages..crazy shiet.

Lorde

Anybody else happy that we won't have any or only very few evolutions of old Pokemon in this generation?
In my opinion that was what made D/P one of the worst generations, Pokemon-wise, in addition to its 50 Legendaries.

Although it's far from confirmed, I've always been a supporter of the idea myself. I think we've needed new Pokemon introduced to the games without Game Freak automatically resorting to giving the older ones new evolutions. It's refreshing to get Pokemon that aren't related to older ones. Especially since Isshu is so far away from the other regions where older Pokemon dwell.

dawn hater

Yeah I saw it. I'm wondering that myself. Although alot of the fanart I've seen depicts Miju3 as quite an adept katana-wielder, I still can't really see it looking right.

Although, Sugimori is a design genius so I'm sure he'll make it work.

Sugimori is a genius, no doubt in that but how would a quadrupedal Pokemon fight with a sword like a Samurai is kind of mysterious and that also make me doubt these evos. But anything is possible cause he also said that Starters final evo would be totally different in terms of looks compared to there first pre evolved form.

You just ninja'd me to it.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
:D i always believe in Ken Sugimori (we both share the same birthday XD) So now i'll be hoping to use all 3 starters (grass in Black, Fire in white (IF the final evos is not what we think it is) and Water in the 3rd version)

Status
Not open for further replies.