• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this thread you may discuss the new Pokemon revealed for the new games.

****THIS IS NOT AN IDEAS THREAD OR "I HOPE THEY HAVE THIS KIND OF POKEMON" THREAD****

Discuss and speculate on confirmed Pokemon ONLY.

****If you want to go speculate about the new games, or the region and all the other things that have not been announced yet, DO IT IN THE 5TH GEN SOCIAL GROUP NOT IN THIS THREAD****

Revealed Pokemon:

• Pokemon "Z" is Zoroark, a Dark type Pokemon. Zoroark evolves from Zorua

big-big.jpg

big2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gil Grissom

Crime Scene Analyst
I thought the majority of the conversation in the other thread was appropriate and one topic, but whatever. The constraints on this forums are a bit strict guys, don't ya think?

How much discussion can be done about 2 pokemon? Is this really how it's gonna be, us only being able to discuss the 5th gen as it is slowly revealed?

Meh...whatever, continue.

So I'm guessing this is the replacement of the spammed up "new pokemon discussion/speculation" thread?

Right then. Here we go.

Zoroa and Zoroark are fox pokemon.

That means they are likely to have good attack and speed. Attack because foxes can attack animals twice as big as themselves. Speed because foxes are quite agile, and the pokemon itself looks fast.

Zoroark looks strong, so it will probably be a rare pokemon, hard to evolve as well. Pokemon that are strong are usually rare, hard to catch, hard to evolve, etc.

I also think that Zoroark looks better on all fours than it does standing up.

EDIT: The discussion in the last thread was off topic because people were talking about their own hopes for 5th gen, when the thread was a thread to speculate and discuss CONFIRMED INFORMATION ONLY.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I thought the majority of the conversation in the other thread was appropriate and one topic, but whatever. The constraints on this forums are a bit strict guys, don't ya think?

How much discussion can be done about 2 pokemon? Is this really how it's gonna be, us only being able to discuss the 5th gen as it is slowly revealed?

Meh...whatever, continue.
It's called organising chaos

Grei

not the color
: /

Yeah, the last topic was not too off-topic. There were a few posts here and there that were about 5th-gen, but most of it was fine.

Anyway~

I'll restate what I said in the last topic: Zoroark and Lucario are not necessarily counterparts--that would mean that Aura and Illusions are counterparts, or at least related. Since we don't know if this is true or not yet, it's safer to say Lucario and Zoroark are parallels.

Parallels, not counterparts.

Last edited:

Pathfinder

No Angel
Yeah, not too off-topic with the last topic. : / There were a few posts here and there that were about 5th-gen, but most of it was fine.

Anyway~

I'll restate what I said in the last topic: Zoroark and Lucario are not necessarily counterparts--that would mean that Aura and Illusions are counterparts, or at least related. Since we don't know if this is true or not yet, it's safer to say Lucario and Zoroark are parallels.

The last thread was supposed to be for discussion and speculation about Confirmed Information Only and we had people speculating about Light types , New Gym Leaders , Game Titles, Comparing Gens ("4th gen is da bestest D:<") and various other things. Thats not what this is for. If you didn't see posts like that , it's because we deleted them =/.

Right now the admins don't really want people speculating about that stuff in the main forum and basically making "a 5th gen wishlist" and causing a bunch of chaos more or less. You're free to check out the 5th gen social group if you wanna go talk about that kind of stuff, but keep it out of this thread.

Last edited:

Fire Storm

I also think that Zoroark looks better on all fours than it does standing up.

Really? Personally, I think it looks much better standing up. My main problem is that it doesn't look related to Zorua outside of colouring, though, so the problems may be related.

Silver_Seoul

That may be true, but aura is a spiritual energy that is the essence of life in all things [so says Bulbapedia.] Illusions, unless described differently from the real-world illusions, are simply mirages, images projected that appear real but are not. Life energy >--< Mirages? I suppose Zoroark and Lucario have similar concepts, but I can't see them as counterparts OR parallels until further information is revealed.

Grei

not the color
That may be true, but aura is a spiritual energy that is the essence of life in all things [so says Bulbapedia.] Illusions, unless described differently from the real-world illusions, are simply mirages, images projected that appear real but are not. Life energy >--< Mirages? I suppose Zoroark and Lucario have similar concepts, but I can't see them as counterparts OR parallels until further information is revealed.

I'm not saying Aura is related to Illusions, I'm saying it's possible.

In the Pokemon World, maybe Illusions are created using Aura. If Aura and Illusions are related, then they are likely counterparts, but I don't see why they cannot be parallels in the meantime. They have a lot of similarities, which I posted in the previous thread.

Grei said:
Lucario is an anthropomorphic Pokemon that stands on it's hind legs (though I'm sure it could be on all fours if it wanted). Lucario can use a special ability to manipulate Aura--it's it's natural ability. Lucario is the 1st Stage Pokemon to Riolu, a smaller, cuter Pokemon. Riolu was revealed after Lucario. Lucario is also the star of it's own movie, despite not being legendary.

Zoroark is an anthropomorphic Pokemon that can stand on it's hind legs. Zoroark can use a special ability to create illusions--it's (likely) it's natural ability. Zoroark is the 1st Stage Pokemon to Zorua, a smaller, cuter Pokemon. While the two were revealed at the same time, Zoroark was technically revealed first, through the silhouette. Zoroark is also the star of it's own movie, despite not being legendary.

Then, look at the physical aspect:
Both Lucario and Zoroark have three digits.
Both Lucario and Zoroark have small upper arms, but larger forearms.
Both have something coming from their heads that trails behind them. Lucario has appendages; Zororark has a mane-like extension.
Both Lucario and Zoroark have long, pointed ears.
Both Lucario and Zoroark have body parts that closely resemble man-made objects. Lucario has metal on it's chest and paws; Zoroark has a ring in it's mane.
Lucario is Blue and Black; Zoroark is Red and Black. (Red and Blue are often seen as counterpart-colors.)

See the resemblance? The two Pokemon are very similar.

However, Zoroark is definitely not some sort of byproduct of Lucario or anything--it definitely has enough differences. I believe they could be counterparts, but I think there could be a better word for this pair.

They two are parallels to one another, I think. Since Aura and Illusions may or may not go together in the Pokemon world, you can't really say for sure yet if the two are counterparts (for all we know, Aura could be the source of the Illusions--we don't know yet). They definitely parallel one another, however, for reasons I listed above.

Parallel =/= Counterparts, I don't see why they aren't Parallels with all of their similarities.

Last edited:
: /

Yeah, the last topic was not too off-topic. There were a few posts here and there that were about 5th-gen, but most of it was fine.

Anyway~

Yes. Parallels.
Now that someone brought that up, I'm thinking that because of that, you might get Zoroa in one version and Riolu in another.

Really? Personally, I think it looks much better standing up. My main problem is that it doesn't look related to Zorua outside of colouring, though, so the problems may be related.

A lot of pokemon are like that.
Magikarp and Gyarados
Dragonair and Dragonite
Metapod and Butterfree

EDIT: Yes the same noobs may come in here making a wishlist, but the mods have posted saying not to do so, and it might be easier to see.

Plus, infractions will have been given out. The only problem is different people turning up during the 5th gen flood.

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

I see where you're coming from, but if aura was used in Zoroark's "creation" of illusions, wouldn't that also make Zoroark an aura user just as Lucario? Which in turn would negate the idea of them being "parallels," which are "two lines that will never cross." In a literal sense? It could be seen as two similar yet opposite figures. The two indeed have similarities, most of which were pointed out by you, but opposites? If your theory on aura+ability=illusions is correct, then Z. and Lucario are more alike than they differ, which causes them to lean more toward the counterparts theory.

But I do see and respect where you're coming from, not trying to bash down your ideas or anything. :)

~Dragon_Master~

The Next Legend
Am I alone in thinking that Zoroark would look much better if it's body was coloured the same purple as Zorua instead of that murky brown colour.
I also think that I'm turning into a Zorua/Vulpix shipper. :p

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
I don't think this new Pokemon has anything to do with aura. Sorry.

Edit:

Zorua is a little silly looking if you ask me. I think it should have looked a little more like growlithe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pathfinder

No Angel

Edit:

Zorua is a little silly looking if you ask me. I think it should have looked a little more like growlithe.

I agree with the first part. The new pokemon cast illusions and play tricks on people supposedly. They were comparing it to lucario.

I think they both look really cool to be honest x). I don't like the scan with Zoroark on all 4's as much, but it still looks cool =D.

Last edited:

Edit:

I agree with the first part.

-------------------

I don't think so. Zoroa is a fox/fox cub, Zoroark is a fox. It's appearance makes perfect sense if you ask me.

Why should it look like Growlithe? Why not a totally new design? If a pokemon's design looks too similar to existing designs, that just makes it boring.

Last edited:

hellmetal789

continues to strive!
i personally like him on 2 legs than all 4's

GalladeX

What do you guys think of them HP and Defenses wise?

I'd think they'll have below-average stats. Maybe High Special Defense since it supposed to be illusion-y.

Silver_Seoul

^ Yes, but only on the surface have "just two pokemon" appeared. Digging deeper, you can describe its overall movie role [this is a MAJOR discussion topic alone], your opinions on their designs, assumptions of [tiers. stats, abilities, etc.] which can all be delved into without in truth "speculating."

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
There's a shiny new 5th gen social group for random speculation if you want.

I am betting, regardless of how much Zoruarku (sp?) is related to Lucario, people will ship them anyway.

Or maybe Ninetales.

While it's a bit early to comment, I don't see this guy being particularly "tough", but it is likely it'll be fast and have at least one high attack stat, again, similar to Lucario.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.