• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
Thief is another move many Dark (and other) Pokemon can get, though Zoroark will probably only be learning this by TM.
I agree that Night Slash would be a good move, just looking at Z'Ark's claws. Dark Pulse would be more likely if it has good Special Attack (which I'm hoping it does).

It'll likely have Dark Pulse just for the Special coverage, regardless of it's Sp. Atk score. Whoever programs the moves and other components for each Pokemon doesn't seem to worry about giving Pokemon the best movesets they could have (see Flareon and it's lack of Flare Blitz, for example). I could see Z'ark with a good Sp. Atk score, but I'd prefer for it to be better physically.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I think it'll be a good pokemon regardless of it's move pool. If it needs a good special attack you can always get it Dark Pulse as a TM.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Yea, thanks, but someone already mentioned that it wasn't.

Anyways, what I should have said I think it's the first relevant Pokemon to have an accessory.
What do you define as relevant?

Light-The-Archangel

Best of All Time
I would like to say that I do not live in Japan either. This won't seem relevant to most, but it sort of is.

Good idea!

Well, this is a list of every damaging Dark move so far:

Assurance
Beat Up
Bite
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Faint Attack
Fling
Knock Off
Night Slash
Payback
Punishment
Pursuit
Sucker Punch
Thief

The ones in bold are the moves I believe could be in Zoroark's movepool.

And now for the non-damaging Dark moves:

Dark Void
Embargo
Fake Tears
Flatter
Memento
Nasty Plot

Snatch
Switcheroo
Taunt
Torment

Again, bold are moves I believe could be in Zoroark's movepool.

Thoughts, own opinions?
Can't wait to see new moves, and if you're gonna add bite then you must add crunch.

Coach

Speculator
I'd like to see this Pokemon have strong Speed & Sp. Attack stats, it looks like it would.

I wonder what Zoroark looks like without the hairband?

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
You know it wouldn't hurt for Zorua to learn me first or copycat

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Having or to have relevance.

In that case, Entei was the first "relevant" Pokemon to have an accessory, seeing as how it starred in a movie.

R_N

Alternative look on the Z line: They're supporters.

Natural Light Screen, Reflect; will o wisp; maybe even stealth rocks (Floating rocks?! what witchery is this and so on). Haze of course.
Oh and how can we forget Double Team and Agility.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Batton Pass, either.

Stats will be skewed towards Special Defense & Speed, little HP, ok attack and special attack, horrid regular defenses.

Grei

not the color
Can't wait to see new moves, and if you're gonna add bite then you must add crunch.

Not necessarily. I know that there are lots of Pokemon out there that can learn Bite but not Crunch--Eevee, Squirtle line, Electrike line, and so on. Crunch is reserved for Pokemon like Sharpedo, Feraligatr, and Exploud--Pokemon with large jaws, Pokemon that use their jaws as their main weapon, or have their powerful jaws as a focus.

Z'ark doesn't seem to focus much on it's ability to bite, especially with that small snout--however, it definitely can bite. Hence, just Bite, and not Crunch.

Will-o-wisp, Mimic and Double Team are also very possible, I think. But not Transform--that's reserved for Ditto and Mew. Ditto is a Pokemon that's entire focus is centered around it's ability to reconstruct it's matter; Mew is the ancestor to all Pokemon. It makes sense for them to transform. But for a Pokemon that can create illusions to change it's physical construction--that doesn't make sense to me. Zoroark won't have Transform.

Last edited:

mas

Dark pulse will make it pretty good.
I would like for it to learn a move like dark void.

R_N

Not necessarily. I know that there are lots of Pokemon out there that can learn Bite but not Crunch--Eevee, Squirtle line, Electrike line, and so on. Crunch is reserved for Pokemon like Sharpedo, Feraligatr, and Exploud--Pokemon with large jaws, Pokemon that use their jaws as their main weapon, or have their powerful jaws as a focus.

Z'ark doesn't seem to focus much on it's ability to bite, especially with that small snout--however, it definitely can bite. Hence, just Bite, and not Crunch.

Not necessarily. Foxes can bite fairly hard, and the snout really isn't that small at all.
I mean the Shinx line barely have chins, they learn crunch.

Besides, you've also got things like the Nidoran (F) line, the skorupi line, Girafarig, Snorlax, Kangaskahn all learning Crunch.

Grei

not the color
http://serebii.net/attackdex-dp/crunch.shtml

There are any number of critters without huge jaws able to learn Crunch in the 4th gen, including Rattata/Raticate, Growlithe, Girafarig, Snorunt/Glalie and others.

Just putting that out there.

Well, right. But...
Rattata/Raticate have huge teeth. Their mouths are the central form of attack.
Growlithe is based on a dog. Same as above--biting is the main form of attack.
Girafarig... I suppose the same as the other two? I'm not too sure about this one.
Snorunt and Glalie have large teeth, and Glalie especially has it's teeth as it's main form of attacking, besides those horns.

Basically:

A.) Pokemon with large jaws, B.) Pokemon that use their jaws as their main weapon, or C.) have their powerful jaws as a focus.

^That's how I've always seen it. Z'Ark really doesn't look like a big biter to me; but as a Pokemon based on a fox, it'll likely have Bite. I just don't see Crunch. : /

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I agree that Will-o-wisp is a likely move, going off Zoroark being a kitsune. If anyone is wondering where this is coming from, just go back a few pages. Someone mentioned "fox fire" in relation to Zoroark's "accessory."
Not sure about anyone else, but I think the "accessory" looks more like a bead than a hair band.
This might seem to contradict my fox-fire/star-bead-thing comment above, but I think it is highly likely that the "accessory" is just a part of Zoroark's design.
Zorua will probably get something like Charm to mess with opponents or Nasty Plot as a stat booster, which of course Zoroark will have access to after evolution.

MistyMay

I see it having high speed and high attack. Looking at its small frame and being 1.6 m, I don't see its defense being high either.

As for moves, i could see it learning Night Slash, Pursuit, Taunt and Torment. There's also a high chance of it knowing a new unique move similar to Lucario's Aura Sphere.

ssilva872

I think it will be just like Lucario in the stat distribution being able to utilize both it's att and sp att.

I just really hope they get some new dark type moves for it. Maybe a signature dark move for it since it is kinda special..

Status
Not open for further replies.