• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

Banned
Serebii probably writes CoroCoro and is just trolling everyone saying 'probably' and making 'educated guesses'.
He knows exactly what will happen ~_~

I assume these Zoro mon's will have high speed and a high attack stat but they look as though their defense will be slightly lacking. Since that happens to sweepers.
Pursuit/Swagger/Absol & Persian-like moves seem to be in its lineup, based on how it looks.

I still feel they just look 'alright' design-wise, nothing overly special but they certainly could have been worse. Not sure whether I like Lucario or these guys better yet.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I think that Zoroark's moveset will consist of a variety of dark, psychic, and random moves (will-o-wisp, confuse ray, amnesia?). Anyway I think it will be special attack based. It seems like it would be a better pokemon if it had a good special attack stat. Dark Pulse, moves like that would benefit it.

My view is that Zoroark will be some basic claw slashing moves, such as Slash, Shadow Claw and Metal Claw. I can also imagine it knowing some Special based moves, such as Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball.

It's a possibilty that it could have an ability based around its ability to create illusions/shape shift, however we expected that of Lucario, and we hoped that it would have an ability around its ability to see auras, however it just had Inner Focus and Steadfast, so I think it would have either Pressure or Intimidate.

Sabonea_Masukippa

They didn't drop any hints they just guessed. And they can be wrong.

CoroCoro isn't "guessing".
It's not like a typical magazine printing pictures that were in a press release and speculating on them. For the marketers of the games, these are the equivalent of press releases directly to their audience and from what I understand, they control very heavily what goes into each release (at least nowadays).

Think back to the way the HGSS news was handled last year. We are at most 10 months away from the games' release. If they'd said something about Munchlax when he was first released, sure it might have been wrong, because DP were over 2 years away at that point. But on a tight sheduele like this, its reasonable to assume that people from CoroCoro and the Pokemon Company have planned out what is to be put in each magazine until 2 or 3 months past release to control the information and avoid confusion and among the young fans.

That and CoroCoro never confirmed that Zorua and Zorark evolved in a new way, they implied it. Translation is tricky in this instance. At the very least all CoroCoro predicted was that there would be new ways of evolving, which in a Pokemon game, is kinda like guessing theres going to be 3 starters.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
RSE was cut off from the first two gens because of massive changes to the data structure.
I doubt they'll change up things to the point where they have to rerelease everything ever again.

They're also on the same system unlike First and Second Gen. I'm just not ruling out the possibility xD

It's a possibilty that it could have an ability based around its ability to create illusions/shape shift, however we expected that of Lucario, and we hoped that it would have an ability around its ability to see auras, however it just had Inner Focus and Steadfast, so I think it would have either Pressure or Intimidate.

Intimidate makes sense but Pressure is special. I can't really see Zoroark with Pressure.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Maybe Zoroark will have glare, leer, etc?
-shot-
I wonder... wouldnt it be funny if its stats made it ,like, stink?

ability... I dont see intimidate, really, compared to the other pokemon that have it...

... wait doesnt shinx get that? nvm.

Last edited:

pikachu500

Elite Champion
I think Zoroark may have an ability that copies the foes stats or one of them.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Maybe Zoroark will have glare, leer, etc?
-shot-
I wonder... wouldnt it be funny if its stats made it ,like, stink?

ability... I dont see intimidate, really, compared to the other pokemon that have it...

... wait doesnt shinx get that? nvm.

No, no. You've got something here. I can see Zoroark with Leer or Glare. It's got to have some type of defensive stat-lowering move. Illusions are related to the eyes...so Leer or Glare could fit.

R_N

On a side note, is there any reason that EVERY SINGLE MOVE must correspond to illusions?

Besides, Glare is reserved for snakes and leer is found on many animal pokemon.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
well lucario can learn every "pulse" move (Dark pulse --water pulse)

Last edited:

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
On a side note, is there any reason that EVERY SINGLE MOVE must correspond to illusions?

Besides, Glare is reserved for snakes and leer is found on many animal pokemon.

No, not every move has to correspong to illusions. It's just fun to connect most moves to what type of Pokemon Zoroark is since we don't know even a single confirmed move for it.

Glare is reserved for snakes? Okay. Still, Zoroark could always break a trend. More than likely, Zorua will learn Leer at an early stage.

well lucario can learn every "pulse" move (Dark pulse --water pulse)

That's all of two moves. Not every move that Lucario knows relates to it being the Aura Pokemon.

R_N

No, not every move has to correspong to illusions. It's just fun to connect most moves to what type of Pokemon Zoroark is since we don't know even a single confirmed move for it.

Glare is reserved for snakes? Okay. Still, Zoroark could always break a trend. More than likely, Zorua will learn Leer at an early stage.

I suppose.

But Glare's Japanese name is called "Snake Glare"
It's why only Ekans, Arbok, Seviper, and Dunsparce (based on a legendary snake) have it, you see. Also why the image is snake eyes

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer

That's all of two moves. Not every move that Lucario knows relates to it being the Aura Pokemon.
..sigh...

dark pulse

pulse bomb (aura sphere)

water pulse

and dragon pulse

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Well as long as he is iconic it will be cool. Hopefully the rest of the pokemon look as good as he does.

It looks sweet! Although can't imagine wanting one.... but maybe..

DBK

Renegade Trainer
..sigh...

dark pulse

pulse bomb (aura sphere)

water pulse

and dragon pulse

off topic: Wow didn't know it could learn water pulse. That's an interesting move set, I may try it.

on topic: I can see Big Z learning Dark Pulse. But I still think it will have a new attack tying in to its mastery of illusions.

off topic: ps I think pulse bomb sounds so much cooler :)

Status
Not open for further replies.