• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Yeah that's all confirmed pokemon discussion...

I think that there is a slight chance of there being a middle stage to the Zoroark line. I think the difference between Zorua and Zoroark is just a notch to big. But we'll wont know, so I'll quit that.

I wonder if its Dark type will make it have regular darktype moves, or rather the sneaky attacks, like Snatch. It looks more like a thief to me, then a spammer of Dark Pulses..

If it does have a middle stage that would be somewhat weird in my opinion. So far I like it as a two-stage pokemon. I do agree with the sneaky attacks. Since it deals with illusion and apparently it is a trickster, it would make since for it to have Thief, Sucker Punch and the like. Plus whatever new moves they care to throw at us.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah that's all confirmed pokemon discussion...

I think that there is a slight chance of there being a middle stage to the Zoroark line. I think the difference between Zorua and Zoroark is just a notch to big. But we'll wont know, so I'll quit that.

I wonder if its Dark type will make it have regular darktype moves, or rather the sneaky attacks, like Snatch. It looks more like a thief to me, then a spammer of Dark Pulses..

There is zero chance. If there was a middle evolution they would have shown it. Just because the first stage does not look like the second doesn't mean there has to be another evolution. There are plenty of Pokemon that take on similar changes.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I'm trying to think of all the Pokemon that have been revealed early on like Zorua and Zoroark.

We've had legends and single-stage Pokemon and pre-evos and evolutions and 2-stage reveals.

But never any 3-stage Pokemon, whether all together or by themselves (not counting the starters).

Sorry Loc, I'm not seeing the possibility of a third stage here, hidden away till some future date. This is it. Stage #1 (Zorua) and Stage #2 (Zoroark).

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I have to agree that a middle stage is unlikely, but not because "they haven't revealed the beginning and the end without the middle stage before."
I think this because the scans from CoroCoro showed an evolution arrow pointing directly from Zorua to Zoroark. Can't wait to see how it evolves though!

minredd

Cartoonist
Weavile wasn't the star of L&TMOFM

Neither was Pikachu, they were still in it, though.

Also, I really like the way the mouth looks in this picture. Not really sure, but it made me really like Zoroark more.

Zorua's family is now my favorite. It's not the "hype", but I really do like these Pokemon for some deranged reason. Maybe I just wanted more grayish black Pokemon.

Grei

not the color
I have to agree that a middle stage is unlikely, but not because "they haven't revealed the beginning and the end without the middle stage before."
I think this because the scans from CoroCoro showed an evolution arrow pointing directly from Zorua to Zoroark. Can't wait to see how it evolves though!

I think both of those are good reasons. What purpose does it serve for a Basic and 2nd-Stage Pokemon to be revealed without the 1st-Stage? Unless the 1st-Stage was some very important Pokemon or whatever, it makes no sense to hide the middle part of the evolutionary line.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There is zero chance. If there was a middle evolution they would have shown it. Just because the first stage does not look like the second doesn't mean there has to be another evolution. There are plenty of Pokemon that take on similar changes.

Like Remoraid upon evolving into Octillery. There's hardly a similarity besides type (and maybe the weapon reference).

Anyway, I don't think Zoroark's evolutionary line will receive any additions. If that were the case, they'd have probably revealed it along with Zorua and Zoroark or just not have revealed Zorua at all to keep fans guessing if Zoroark would be similar to Lucario in the sense that both would have a pre-evolved form. I think all the important information on Zorua and Zoroark has been revealed in Coro Coro.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Seeing the pictures again, makes me realize that they're not really a brand new design, since the three legendary dogs also have long hair.

It won't be as good as Lucario, I bet, unless the ability is 'neutralize', mean negate all the immunity from other types.

Hey, that's an idea.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Seeing the pictures again, makes me realize that they're not really a brand new design, since the three legendary dogs also have long hair.

makes me realize that they're not really a brand new design, since the three legendary dogs also have long hair.

since the three legendary dogs also have long hair.

So what you're saying is because this Pokemon has long hair and so do others it's not original. So every Pokemon with legs is unoriginal as well...?

Cutty

Forever now
^I meant the way the designer draws the pokemon hasn't changed much.
Basically same concept. Like everybody says Zorua looks like Vulpix.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
...The dogs don`t have long hair.
Those are Clouds.

Rakurai

I really like the elements of traditional Japanese art in Zoroark's design (Referring to the kabuki hairstyle, and its face markings being the same sort you see on the kitsune masks). It makes me eager to see what else will come out of the fifth generation.

Its pre-evo doesn't really stand out to me that much, though.

Last edited:

LugiaRox

Flaming Donkeys
I really like the elements of traditional Japanese art in Zoroark's design (Referring to the kabuki hairstyle, and its face markings being the same sort you see on the kitsune masks). It makes me eager to see what else will come out of the fifth generation.
it would be cool if the rest of the pokes this gen all had insparation from japan.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
^I meant the way the designer draws the pokemon hasn't changed much.
Basically same concept. Like everybody says Zorua looks like Vulpix.

Of course they haven't changed. It's an artistic style. Feebas looks like Magikarp. There are always going to be Pokemon that hole similarities, just as their are animals in the real world that hold similarities to other animals.

cloudk

hates you.
Am i the only one who thinks that the revealed poke is really the sentret/ratata/zigzagoon/bidoof of the generation?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Am i the only one who thinks that the revealed poke is really the sentret/ratata/zigzagoon/bidoof of the generation?

Yes I do think that Zorua and Zoroark will be among the first numbers in the 5th generation like Poochyena and Mightyena in the 4th generation. and that's mean they will appear more.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Seriously??? why would they make a movie about the Rattata/Sentret/Poochyena/Zigzagoon/Bidoof of the region? Answer: - THEY WOULDN'T.

I believe these 2 are the Riolu/Lucario of the region. Not entirely Rare, but rare enough.

Caithyra

The fact that Zorua and Zoroark were the first revealed pokémon, as well being featured in the movie, suggests that they are at least somewhat rare pokémon like Munchlax, and not the kind you run into like a Zubat in caves.

By the way, judging by their appearances, I say that the region will probably be based on the Shikoku Region or Kansai Region. Shikoku was considered a country of death (also, if you change the kanji in the name, but keep the kana, you get "Death Country") because so many pilgrims travelling to the 88 temples ended up dying. Kansai has Kyoto, the birthplace of Kabuki.

That is, of course, if Zorua and Zoroark is actually a legendary or semi-legendary and thus would be imagined to represent their region. If they are the next Munchlax or Marill, my theory, of course, is completely useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.