• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
But this isn't the move transform though, you need to see your target to be able to transform into that target, so I'd hardly call this transform, since Zoroark doesn't see Raikou, Entei or Suicune before it transforms, and the only one it can see before it transforms is Ash.

So this isn't transform at all. Similar Yes. Identical No.

So it's his ability? It's probably a new ability/move that hasn't introduced yet in the anime/games. And you are right, it's not Transform since he changes 3 times in a row without even see the pokemon he changes into.

rocky505

Ummm...I'm not reading this clearly...are you saying this month's Coro Coro has new info that no one on this site is revealing yet?
I'm saying no one knows if there will be a new Pokemon in this months Coro Coro. Only the people who make the pokemon know. They haven't said anything for two reasons either there won't be any new ones or just for a suprise.

Lickitung Dude

Err...I'm a little disappointed with these Pokemon. They look quite unoriginal, Zoroark's pretty ugly IMO and we've already had foxes.

Lickitung Dude

Are you really going to bring that up? That doesn't mean anything, there are near 500 Pokemon. More than one based of the same animal is to be expected >.>
Sorry... I understand that that will happen, but I think at least for the first Pokemon they introduce should be something original. Plus it looks like it'll be a somewhat major Pokemon, so I think one of this importance shouldn't just be a rehash of another animal used.

Plus who says Pokemon all need to be based off of animals?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry... I understand that that will happen, but I think at least for the first Pokemon they introduce should be something original. Plus it looks like it'll be a somewhat major Pokemon, so I think one of this importance shouldn't just be a rehash of another animal used.

The importance of the Pokemon has nothing to do with what it should or should not be based off.

Plus who says Pokemon all need to be based off of animals?

Satoshi Tajiri, creator of Pokemon. He created Pokemon because he enjoyed collecting bugs. The Pokemon world is inhabited entirely by Pokemon, there are no regular animals. Because of this Pokemon take the place of animals and to make the world seem more natural Pokemon are based off of animal we are already familiar with. Because of this we can relate to it better; "it makes sense to have this Pokemon that resembles a caterpillar here", things like that.

Lickitung Dude

The importance of the Pokemon has nothing to do with what it should or should not be based off.

Satoshi Tajiri, creator of Pokemon. He created Pokemon because he enjoyed collecting bugs. The Pokemon world is inhabited entirely by Pokemon, there are no regular animals. Because of this Pokemon take the place of animals and to make the world seem more natural Pokemon are based off of animal we are already familiar with. Because of this we can relate to it better; "it makes sense to have this Pokemon that resembles a caterpillar here", things like that.
Yes but has every single Pokemon been based on animal? Most, yes, but there are certainly some based on other things.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Err...I'm a little disappointed with these Pokemon. They look quite unoriginal, Zoroark's pretty ugly IMO and we've already had foxes.

Zorua and Zoroark are based on foxes, but now it's different than Vulpix and Ninetales because they were Fire type and Zoroark is a Dark type, and I have no problem with his design, it looks cool. Actually all the pokemon are different than the original animal.

Manetric

!sdrawkcaB
However, this does not mean that all Pokemon are based on animal, Castform for example is not, however, Zorua and Zoroark are confirmed to be based off foxes, and that is one of the few things that are confirmed about them

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Who want to bet that in the movie he will be "misunderstood" and not evil at all....

Yes but has every single Pokemon been based on animals.

Porygon for one isn't, it's based on a computer experiment, that's why to evolve it you need the Upgrade, which updates it to work better, and make it more streamline, and the Dubious Disc also improves it, however it has bugs in it which makes Porygon-Z slightly crazed, but makes it a hell of a lot stronger.

Ho-Oh, like Moltres, is based on the legend of the Phoenix; unlike Moltres, it is based on the Fènghuáng (the immortal phoenix of China). Many cultures view the Phoenix as a symbol of resurrection; this is seen in Ho-Oh, which was reborn rising from its own ashes and had a hand in resurrecting Suicune, Raikou and Entei.

And your telling me that they are all animals?

Manetric

!sdrawkcaB
And actually the majority of grass types aren't based off animals
Z'ark is based off a fox, it's been confirmed

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
The Pokemon world is inhabited entirely by Pokemon, there are no regular animals.
Actually there are regular animals. It's been mentioned berfore. Thoug, I do like to think the Pokemon world only has Pokemon.

And did anyone think that in the anime picture of Zoroark transforming to himself had a really big head? Bigger than normal. That could be it just be a photo before his head had fully shrunk back to normal, though.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes but has every single Pokemon been based on animal? Most, yes, but there are certainly some based on other things.

However, this does not mean that all Pokemon are based on animal, Castform for example is not, however, Zorua and Zoroark are confirmed to be based off foxes, and that is one of the few things that are confirmed about them

Oh I know they're not all based on animals. Legendaries are rarely based on real animals. But normal Pokemon are almost always based on animals. My point was that saying something is boring, unoriginal or uncreative because it was based of an animal that another Pokemon is also based off is just a silly reason.

Actually there are regular animals.

I don't think there is...

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Zorua and Zoroark are based on foxes, but now it's different than Vulpix and Ninetales because they were Fire type and Zoroark is a Dark type, and I have no problem with his design, it looks cool. Actually all the pokemon are different than the original animal.

Types doesn't have much to do with it. Vulpix/Ninetails are based off of kitsunes, while Zorua and Zoroark seem to be based off of Japanese portrayals of foxes in theater.

Manetric

!sdrawkcaB
Anybody who knows the slightest on biology would know how brilliantly diverse animals are and even more common animals are incredibly diverse within themselves so there can be many completely different Pokemon based on the same animal, also there are many ways of interpreting the same species as the above post nicely explains

wazza2k9

pokemon master
these are the ones i know are not based off animals...

voltorb
electrode
magnemite
magneton
magnezone
snover
abomisnow (unless you're counting the a/snowman)
machop
machoke
machamp
hitmonchan/lee/top
tyrouge
groudon
arceus
azelf
uxie
mesprit
mew
mewtwo