• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
Zorua being able to transform too got me thinking, could this be how it evolves too? it would be a new way of evolving, Say Zorua and Zoroark are only able to transform into Pokemon they have seen, also can only copy the attacks/abilities that they witness too, (i.e Celebi time traveled in front of Zorua and it saw it, thus gaining that ability to time travel, which it does in the trailer and everyone is surprised)

So what if Zorua were to transform in Zoroark? what would happen there? perhaps when Zorua transforms into Zoroark, it stays that way, becoming Zoroark?
Like in the game say this is how it works, you battle a Zoroark with a Zorua, you have the choice to use Transform on it, if you do, it evolves into Zoroark after the battle?

This probably isn't it, but I can see it working.

Silver_Seoul

For that to work [watertrainer], there'd have to be several opportunities and trainers with a Zoroark in their party, as well a your own Zorua having gained enough experience to learn Transform, and that's IF it even will. So the concept is extremely [no pun intended] Farfetched.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
I agree but there wouldn't be much to say about the movie, the trailer is released, the characters have been revealed, the Movie Poster is out, and we know the plot of the movie, so I don't know what else they could reveal about the movie without revealing too much.

so really on the Pokemon side of Corocoro, there isn't much to show, apart from Zorua's/Zoroark's abilities, maybe a little more into their origin, attacks, evolution etc, but that's it, Ranger 3 is out, so other then events/missions I don't see much more of this in Corocoro.

Since the 5th Gen games are released this year, most likely September, it doesn't leave much time to show much about the games. So I'll gonna say that there will be a new Pokemon in this issue or the issue after...hopefully...

Coro-Coro may just re-inforce what was Revealed in the Trailer or possibly some new Tid-Bits.

I think the Fifth Generation Games will be Released in November anyway as the Anime dosen't seem as Rushed Lately and they could have more Months to Promote.

Edit: I just thought as well, Coro-Coro may Reveal one of the Events for the Movie this Month so we will have to wait and see what Happens^^

Last edited:

BCVM22

I think the Fifth Generation Games will be Released in November anyway as the Anime dosen't seem as Rushed Lately and they could have more Months to Promote.

The anime is completely irrelevant. They were likely made aware of forthcoming events a year ago if not longer, and the anime serves the franchise, not the other way around. Whatever they're doing, they'll be done with it by the time they were told to be.

On that topic, there hasn't been a core title released in November since Ruby and Sapphire in 2002. Emerald and all three waves of 4th generation titles released in September.

Ltrainer

The anime is completely irrelevant. They were likely made aware of forthcoming events a year ago if not longer, and the anime serves the franchise, not the other way around. Whatever they're doing, they'll be done with it by the time they were told to be.

On that topic, there hasn't been a core title released in November since Ruby and Sapphire in 2002. Emerald and all three waves of 4th generation titles released in September.

I hope it gets released in September then! Beats waiting another 2 months for the game.

Will the Corocoro scans please leak now? I hate waiting....

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^

On that topic, there hasn't been a core title released in November since Ruby and Sapphire in 2002. Emerald and all three waves of 4th generation titles released in September.[/QUOT

Sorry if it sounded like I didn't know, yes the Anime is a Promotional Tool for the Games^^

Yes but we haven't had the First Two Games from a Generation Announced the same Year as they are planned for a Release ever I believe(correct me if i'm wrong),
They may want more Time to Promote?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Technically you are wrong, the actual information and revealing of DP was in 2006. We just had the names leak the year before

BCVM22

Yes but we haven't had the First Two Games from a Generation Announced the same Year as they are planned for a Release ever I believe(correct me if i'm wrong),

As pointed out, the vast majority of D/P's advance information, including the official unveiling of the games themselves, happened in the spring and summer leading up to their fall release.

As for September vs. November, they would not make that decision on the sole basis of "time to promote." Two months is nothing - people aren't going to be any less hyped in September than they would be in November. If they elected to go later into the fall as opposed to earlier, it would be because they felt that the resulting extra time to develop and/or manufacture the games was necessary.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
From what I remember they sad fall '10 didn't they? That in its own way, confirms a launch window of August-October. Being some time in there, we're likely to see anything on the games from May on, and if lucky April on, with a slight chance of new Pokemon being revealed each issue starting from last issue, including this issue.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Sorry if it sounded like I didn't know, yes the Anime is a Promotional Tool for the Games^^

I thought that the new game is set to be released during 2010, and then they will reveal more info about another game, that will come out next year. If they wanted more time, they should've announce the game already last year. (Like in D/P).

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

firepokemontrainer

Joe (serebii) always refers to the corocoro issue that comes out as being for the upcoming month i.e. last month's issue was the March issue. It's like this with virtually all magazines, including Shonen Jump.

Hopefully we see some nice information. I'm very curious as to where the new games are going to take place. There's still a good chunk of Honshu (the island that Kanto & Johto are apart of) that hasn't been explored yet. Not doubt we'll at least get some new pokemon revealed.

InsaneLeela

Absol & Flygon
Zorua being able to transform too got me thinking, could this be how it evolves too? it would be a new way of evolving, Say Zorua and Zoroark are only able to transform into Pokemon they have seen, also can only copy the attacks/abilities that they witness too, (i.e Celebi time traveled in front of Zorua and it saw it, thus gaining that ability to time travel, which it does in the trailer and everyone is surprised)

So what if Zorua were to transform in Zoroark? what would happen there? perhaps when Zorua transforms into Zoroark, it stays that way, becoming Zoroark?
Like in the game say this is how it works, you battle a Zoroark with a Zorua, you have the choice to use Transform on it, if you do, it evolves into Zoroark after the battle?

This probably isn't it, but I can see it working.

I could totally see tht happening. Zorua transforms into Zoroark, bcuz, its battling it, and at the end of the won battle it evolves into Zoroark.

Coach

Speculator
Whoa...I totally forgot about CoroCoro leaking soon. I've been preoccupied by HG/SS.

Anyway, I really hope they reveal some more Pokemon this month. I can't wait to find out the name(s).

I hope Zoroark knows something cool like Transform. Maybe like a Dark version of Transform?

Status
Not open for further replies.