• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

friedkingamer

Yeah, GameFreak would miss a huge oppurtunity if they didn't make them, and if they put the fifth gen on the DS, the fourth gen games wouldn't have the data to support the new pokemon, and they would have to do another time capsule type thing, which was extremely annoying.

-Koumori-

Oh, god. Please, people, don't be morons by saying things like, "WELL WE CAN CONNECT TO THE FIFTH ALL THE WAY FROM THE THIRD SO NO RUBY/SAPPHIRE REMAKES. BYE." That's the same moronic argument that was used against the idea of GSC remakes. RS remakes are going to be made. Period. They'll bring in millions and GameFreak isn't going to miss that.
Agreed. Giving us the Fourth Gen. games with the ability to transfer Pokemon from the Third was plenty - I don't see why they would add the feature into the Fifth Gen. games. Especially with that hefty pot of gold they would get from Earth Ruby and Ocean Sapphire or Blood Ruby, Tear Sapphire.. whatever they decide to call those inevitable remakes.

And I don't know, I have trouble with the idea that the main two games will be on the DS, and then RS remakes + third game will be on the new 3DS. Just seems...weird to me. I'm still thinking that the entire fifth generation will be on the 3DS.
It wouldn't make much sense, no. How different will the software really be, though? I imagine the cartridges will hold more data and the graphics that the system can handle will be improved. If the 5th gen games play anything like HG/SS, that works perfectly for me. I love the menu setup on the touch screen and the enhanced graphics/music/etc.

As for the topic, for once it would be nice if a non-Legendary Pokemon showcased in a movie would be obtainable in the wild. Even if it's uncommon, and likely late in the game.

Coach

Speculator
I don't think they'll ever remake R/S. I personally think Gen V will be a Hoenn sequel like Gen II was to Kanto.

I hope they reveal Zorua & Zoroark's abilities soon too. I hope they're unique.

Astus

Is there a new Pokemon called GRAMMAR? It's what everyone is discussing, so any links as to where this new, mysterious Pokemon was revealed?
I think I've seen it. It's looks like a book and harks on even more than Meowth in the anime. Apparently, you can constantly here a buzzing noise come from it. I'll try and find a link.

R_N

Oh, god. Please, people, don't be morons by saying things like, "WELL WE CAN CONNECT TO THE FIFTH ALL THE WAY FROM THE THIRD SO NO RUBY/SAPPHIRE REMAKES. BYE." That's the same moronic argument that was used against the idea of GSC remakes. RS remakes are going to be made. Period. They'll bring in millions and GameFreak isn't going to miss that.

And I don't know, I have trouble with the idea that the main two games will be on the DS, and then RS remakes + third game will be on the new 3DS. Just seems...weird to me. I'm still thinking that the entire fifth generation will be on the 3DS.

Yeah, kind of hard to imagine how GS and RGBY were all on the same oh wait

If they were going to be solely on the 3DS, they could have waited a month until the proper announcement. Or be coy and say something like "WHAT SYSTEM COULD THIS BE FOR? Not like they would have suffered anything.

Chances are it will be another Gen 2 scenario. Gen 5 starts out on Gen 4 hardware, 3rd game on comes out on new hardware, taking advantage of its new properties.

-Koumori-

How different was the GBA from the GB/GBC. How different was the DS from GBA?
Touché. I'm quite happy with the way the DS works, which is why a little part of me doesn't want too much change.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Touché. I'm quite happy with the way the DS works, which is why a little part of me doesn't want too much change.

Well your DS will still always be there for you. Just as the GB/C and GBA are still there for many people. Time may go on and systems and software may change, but the old things will still be there.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Yeah, GameFreak would miss a huge oppurtunity if they didn't make them, and if they put the fifth gen on the DS, the fourth gen games wouldn't have the data to support the new pokemon, and they would have to do another time capsule type thing, which was extremely annoying.

The 4th gen shouldn't be able to support the new pokemon anyway. Nothing exclusively 5th gen should be able to be transferred back to the prior gens since it is supposedly (but not confirmed or proven) a whole new game. It'll probably work like the 1st and 2nd gens did (like you said) with the time capsule or a similar idea. Considering that there is still a mystery item (the Lock Capsule) that has yet to have a proper function in the game, a similar transfer process like that between the first and second gens seems likely and may utilize it (although I admit that is pure speculation and it may not even have a function). And personally, I didn't think that time capsule was all that bad. Plus they can improve on it greatly, so I wouldn't mind if they brought it back or did something similar.

Carlisle said:
Oh, god. Please, people, don't be morons by saying things like, "WELL WE CAN CONNECT TO THE FIFTH ALL THE WAY FROM THE THIRD SO NO RUBY/SAPPHIRE REMAKES. BYE." That's the same moronic argument that was used against the idea of GSC remakes. RS remakes are going to be made. Period. They'll bring in millions and GameFreak isn't going to miss that. And I don't know, I have trouble with the idea that the main two games will be on the DS, and then RS remakes + third game will be on the new 3DS. Just seems...weird to me. I'm still thinking that the entire fifth generation will be on the 3DS.

Just because it is a repetitive argument, doesn't necessarily mean it is moronic. It is actually a logical argument if one takes the time to support it, which unfortunately many don't. Considering that we still can connect to the third gen, and that they won't get rid of Pal Park so soon after its inception, it can be safe to assume that there won't be a remake yet (possibly not until 6th gen). Also consider that the only games that really benefit from the Pal Park are R/S/E/FR/LG. So what would be the point of Pal Park if remakes were made (although you can argue that it would keep FR/LG in the mix, but to keep the Pal Park -or any other function of the game- in the game for just one or two games doesn't seem practical)? Also, since remakes are usually made after the prior gens become completely incompatible with the new gens, remaking the 3rd gen along side the 5th gen would be impractical since it is possibly still compatible. Now I don't doubt that the remakes will be made, we are just going to have to wait a few more years.

And they will miss out on more profits if the third game of the 5th gen and the remakes are made for the DS. Think about it, with the 3DS coming out, they will need a way to sell it . What better way than to offer the last game of the new gen (which they have been hyping -and torturing us with- like crazy) and remakes for the third gen on the new system. We are getting Tracks of Light and the 5th gen on the DS (so it seems for now) so they have plenty to make money with. With the new system coming out, the mindset is profiting from that while still profiting from the DS. From a business point of view, that makes the most sense.

As a final note, I read somewhere in the 5th gen social group that the guys from Pokemon said, during an interview, that they were not doing a remake of R/S. I have failed at locating said interview, but if someone could confirm/disprove that (clarifying either way), it would be appreciated (I am looking at you Hydrohs -while I don't agree on your delivery methods, I do appreciate and respect you insights- since you are more knowledgeable in this area and could probably confirm/disprove that without even trying). Food for thought.

R_N

If one wanted to get technical, Pal Park is kind of useless now. The only Pokemon one can't get between a Sinnoh Game, a Johto game, and the walker are the Regi.

It's mostly still around, however, so those with 3rd gen game packs can still use the Pokemon they spent time training with in the 4th gen. A remake in the 3DS-era wouldn't really negate the effect of Pal Park.
Also it's been 8 years since RS. Time to let go, much?

...I think I had a more coherent point to make, but it's lost now I think

Ltrainer

I don't think they'll ever remake R/S. I personally think Gen V will be a Hoenn sequel like Gen II was to Kanto.

yea, i doubt it'll be a sequeal to Hoeen. Why would they make a bold statment such as the new games being a rebirth and innovative only to have it be a sequeal. I hope it doesn't reference any previous games and is original.

Ltrainer

yea, i doubt it'll be a sequeal to Hoeen. Why would they make a bold statment such as the new games being a rebirth and innovative only to have it be a sequeal. I hope it doesn't reference any previous games and is original.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Considering that we still can connect to the third gen, and that they won't get rid of Pal Park so soon after its inception

Just like the Time Capsu- Oh wait.

it can be safe to assume that there won't be a remake yet (possibly not until 6th gen)

No, we wont have one right now, but waiting until sixth Gen, most likely not.

And they will miss out on more profits if the third game of the 5th gen and the remakes are made for the DS. Think about it, with the 3DS coming out, they will need a way to sell it.

Nintendo can sell handhelds just fine without Pokemon. Pokemon has certainly caused console sales, yes, but no main Pokemon games have come out with a console. By the time they do Nintendo is already doing quite well.

What better way than to offer the last game of the new gen (which they have been hyping -and torturing us with- like crazy

They're not hyping it, we are.

As a final note, I read somewhere in the 5th gen social group that the guys from Pokemon said, during an interview, that they were not doing a remake of R/S.

They always say that, companies in general will always say that. There's not need to take it at heart.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
If one wanted to get technical, Pal Park is kind of useless now. The only Pokemon one can't get between a Sinnoh Game, a Johto game, and the walker are the Regi.

It's mostly still around, however, so those with 3rd gen game packs can still use the Pokemon they spent time training with in the 4th gen. A remake in the 3DS-era wouldn't really negate the effect of Pal Park.

Pal Park still has a use.
Many people use it to trade over strong pokemon they've trained, rare pokemon or pokemon they can't be bother to evolve to get

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Did Pokemon Sunday say that they had the reveal of the game's names (for HG/SS) beforehand?
No they did not, all they had was a world exclusive first to reveal. But the point is that they didn't get the reveal first like how they won't with these games as Nintendo would likely make an official statement on the Pokemon website and elsewhere before they allow an unofficial source like PS to reveal them.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No they did not, all they had was a world exclusive first to reveal. But the point is that they didn't get the reveal first like how they won't with these games as Nintendo would likely make an official statement on the Pokemon website and elsewhere before they allow an unofficial source like PS to reveal them.

Well Pokemon Sunday isn't really a source. They get their information from Nintendo, and I don't see them 'taking away' something as trivial as a name reveal. The reveal of games existing, sure, but the names? I don't see the point.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well Pokemon Sunday isn't really a source. They get their information from Nintendo, and I don't see them 'taking away' something as trivial as a name reveal. The reveal of games existing, sure, but the names? I don't see the point.
We already know the existence of the games, so when we will likely get the names on Sunday, chances are we'll have em already by an official reveal on Friday when the sites in Japan update.

dannydstk

no regi in sinnoh?

uh platinum says hi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.