• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Confirmed Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

People can use Zoroark as their starter if they want. They just dont have to use the normal ones and use Zoroark instead.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
i dont get it neither about zorua being a starter, that would be terrible, they dont look like starters at all(not that i dont like zorua) all starters have the same color patern and zorua is mostly brown/black

i dont want other starter types neither, changes are cool but not that kind, i think that would be game freaks worst idea ever.

I pray for the Gods we won't get yet ANOTHER Fire/Fighting. Torchic was cute and Infernape was awesome but damnit, that's enough...

Now, I'd love a Water/Fighting pokémon. Poliwrath is just short of being a good pokémon due to its well-spread stat distribution of mere 500 base points; starters have 525-535 BST, so a Water/Fighting starter with Poliwrath's stats plus 20 points in Attack will be awesome. The only downside will be not having Water Absorb, but oh well, you can't win them all.

panicsocharming

カンディー
personally i wouldn't mind a change in the starter type, even if its version exclusive or something. like black has the new types, and white as the old or vice versa. i dunno, i think it would be an interesting idea. ;004;

rocky505

personally i wouldn't mind a change in the starter type, even if its version exclusive or something. like black has the new types, and white as the old or vice versa. i dunno, i think it would be an interesting idea. ;004;
The starters wont change and the only differences ever in the two main games are version exclusive pokemon.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
The starters wont change and the only differences ever in the two main games are version exclusive pokemon.

In Ruby and Sapphire the opposing evil team was different depending on the version

In Ruby and Sapphire the opposing evil team was different depending on the version

The Water, Fire, and Grass type starters will never change. Mainly because of the circle it creates, Water beats fire, Grass beats water, Fire beats Grass. Zoura will definitely not be a starter, i can assure you that.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
The Water, Fire, and Grass type starters will never change. Mainly because of the circle it creates, Water beats fire, Grass beats water, Fire beats Grass. Zoura will definitely not be a starter, i can assure you that.

Where did I say that the starter types would change and Zorua would be a starter?

Where did I say that the starter types would change and Zorua would be a starter?

Sorry i quoted the wrong person, anyway getting back on topic, It might be possible that Game Freak will repeat what they did in ruby and sapphire, though i highly doubt it, mainly because with the changing generations they're going to throw a lot of new thrilling plots at us, I'm really hoping the this generation is the one thats going to break the ice and really give us a game to remember.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
personally i wouldn't mind a change in the starter type, even if its version exclusive or something. like black has the new types, and white as the old or vice versa. i dunno, i think it would be an interesting idea.
Um, no, that idea is completely illogical. "Oh, I know, let's give White Version better starters and give Black version terrible ones and see what happens in the media!" Your idea is flawed, my friend.

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
So I REALLY hope we get a new poke on Pokemon Sunday not in silhouette, I'd prefer it to be not a legendary and hopefully I can add to my favorites team.
Favorites team-
Venusaur
Typhlosion
Infernape
Rotom
Quagsire
Lanturn
Aggron
Solrock
Castform (super obvious)
Tropius
Abomasnow
Skarmory
Heracross

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
I bet the Silhouette will show us a Flying type Pokemon!

Firebrand

Indomitable
Lion starter seems like a good idea. Strong attack/special attack and a solid defense. I'd also like to see a grass flying starter. And maybe just a flat out water.
Oops, that probably belongs in the spec thread! ah well.
Oh, and color me surprised this thread has got 149 pages on two pokemon (well, 90% is spam...)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
^ ... based on?

The Chimaera! Let the final evolution by Fire/Poison or something! With a firey mane and a venomous snaketail!

Then the Water starter can be an eagle that evolves into a griffin or something... Which would be Water/Flying.. though that typing would suck against Electricity.. the Chimaera would suck against Groundtypes...

Then the Grass starter can be uhm... Godzilla-ish? You know what? Switch the Griffin for a Grass/Flying type, and let the Watertype be like Water/Rock or Water/Ground like Swampert, but let it have stats like Feraligatr...

supersarepi

Fire-Lion cub, then small gryphon, then Chimera
Water-Dolphin, then shark, then whale
Grass-kiwi, then emu, then ostrich

What do you guys think of my ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.